PDA

View Full Version : Need legal Help

soul
11-28-2006, 10:49 AM
I got a ticket for reckeless driving and im under 21. Was wondering if anyone had lawyers or experience in this. I wrecked my car, because of mechanical issue, and was issued a reckless driving ticket, along with being arrested. No one involved in the inncident other than myself, i have a witness who was in the car with me, and two seperate mechanics confirming the problem with car.

Im trying to figure this out, i cant lose my license, i will have to drop out of school and move back home if that happens, any help would be appreciated.

PhAtBoYMr2
11-28-2006, 10:51 AM
I think reckless driving is a 3 point offense so if you have had any tickets in the past you may end up losing your licsense.....if you currently have no points towards your lisense you will get -3 points and have to pay a fine....

get a lawyer if you really worried.

Ed
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
reckless is 4 points. suspension for sure. i got a good lawyer soul. if you want, pm me.

soul
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I think reckless driving is a 3 point offense so if you have had any tickets in the past you may end up losing your licsense.....if you currently have no points towards your lisense you will get -3 points and have to pay a fine....

get a lawyer if you really worried.
4 points and lose of license under 21 is what ive read on GA law

PhAtBoYMr2
11-28-2006, 10:54 AM
4 points and lose of license under 21 is what ive read on GA law

ahhh ok...when do you turn 21? just incase if you do lose your liscense you can get a special permit issued to drive to work and school....but you can pretty much drive just dont get pulled over....

soul
11-28-2006, 10:55 AM
i turned 19 back in august so i got awhile

ShooterMcGavin
given ur witnesses and mechanics, u should be able to fight it, get a good lawyer though.

Stormhammer
^^ but ultimately the jurisdiction lays in with the judge - I got a ticket for doing 24mph over the speed limit - which GA Law states its a 4 point offense etc - well, the judge told me and had to explain to me that the judge has the ultimate ruling over the law and can bend them a little, and she usually likes 25mph as the 4point....

but - talk to a lawyer at the very least and see what may be going down - explain the whole situation