PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand

lightspeed
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
OK guys, Im hoping someone on here can help me understand the mentality of some of the sportbike riders Ive run into recently. Ive been riding sportbikes for years, and Ive had a lot of fast bikes, but I just dont understand what Ive been seeing around here. Basically, the past few weekends I have been driving down to the Frozen Palace to find bikes to run. Every run that Ive had has gone the same way. First, they all laugh or make some type of gesture that I must be crazy (which is especially ironic, given the outcomes LOL.) Then, we run and I pull on them until we get up into traffic or we need to shut down. Then, I slow down and wave them back to come run again, but they just take off through traffic as fast as possible. I dont understand this. Are people expecting me to chase them through traffic? I mean obviously, physics wont allow me to squeeze between cars like they can, so its stupid to even try.
Im hoping someone can help be understand this. Personally, I dont like to race through traffic on my bike, but Im wondering if thats some type of competition for people...? Or is it just embarrassment because they are getting beat by a car? I dunno, but its really frustrating.

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Haha I would say embarrassment

wes_297
11-30-2006, 11:19 PM
:werd:

gottraction?
12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
what kinda bike do u have?

gottraction?
12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
ok nevermind u in the supra?

con
12-01-2006, 06:51 AM
come on man, you said you're meeting these guys at the Frozen Palace........that says it all.............as for racing through traffic, to them that's part of the race :lmfao:

StupidBikerBoy
12-01-2006, 11:03 PM
You must have a Busa?

But yeah, I would agree with the second post, embarassment.:goodjob:

GIXXERDK
12-02-2006, 02:24 AM
It was in his Supra