PDA

View Full Version : anyone done any mountain runs?

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
just curious what the traffic was like recently. also, i heard someone mention that 5-0 was cracking down in those areas that popular spots for run. gimme feedback

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 02:26 PM
I know a couple of people have been up there in the past 2 weeks...

d993s
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Nobody does mountain runs.
Are you crazy? That's dangerous!

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 02:28 PM
I go 3 times a week and hardly see any troopers.

Ran
11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Me and my buddy took the Yaris and Miata up to Blood Mountain this past weekend. Fast uphill climb with banked turns. Pretty curvy road too. The Yaris did okay. Took it 7mins to climb the mountain. :lmfao:

My buddy lost the tailend of his Miata and smacked into a guardrail though. Thankfully all the damage is just cosmetic. Yea, that's about it. I wanna go back. :yes:

Doppelgänger
11-27-2006, 02:31 PM
was up there on turkey day chasing bikes up and down blood mtn.....

Ran
11-27-2006, 02:32 PM
was up there on turkey day chasing bikes up and down blood mtn.....Dang, me and Frank were up there on Friday night. :lmao:

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
cool thanks for the input

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I think I seen you on 129 before.

JennB
11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Dang, me and Frank were up there on Friday night. :lmao:

We wanted to go back Friday but being sick, the altitude was hell.

Been up there a lot lately and I've seen no more cops than usual. They are not a common sight.

thinkfast®
11-27-2006, 03:00 PM
WENT UP OVER THE SUMMER TO PICK OFF THEM DAMN PHOTOGRAPHERS, I THOUGHT THEY WAS COOL TIL THEY SAID IT WAS $28 FOR A PACKAGE SIZE W/ ONLY 4 WALLETS.. SCREW THAT!

Jecht
11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Me and my buddy took the Yaris and Miata up to Blood Mountain this past weekend. Fast uphill climb with banked turns. Pretty curvy road too. The Yaris did okay. Took it 7mins to climb the mountain. :lmfao:

My buddy lost the tailend of his Miata and smacked into a guardrail though. Thankfully all the damage is just cosmetic. Yea, that's about it. I wanna go back. :yes:

Ah. That must be Frank. He was talking about this at school this morning with me. lol He didn't seem the slightest bit happy. :( I just told him to get a widebody kit for cheap and just rivet it on. Haha it would hide the damage at least.

Anyways, I need to do some mountain runs. I've never really been on one before, and it seems like it would be fun if there aren't any cops around.

Ran
11-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Ah. That must be Frank. He was talking about this at school this morning with me. lol He didn't seem the slightest bit happy. :( He'll feel better on Thursday. :goodjob:

Anyways, I need to do some mountain runs. I've never really been on one before, and it seems like it would be fun if there aren't any cops around.You should come out with us next time. Hopefully Frank will have some non-drifted tires then and we can really see what he can do. I should also have my intake, header, and exhaust then too, so maybe I can cut my time down a bit. :D

Also, we didn't see one cop all night. :dunno:

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Just shoot me a PM anytime anyone does a mountain run, cas I am 10 mins from where people normally meet at for them (home depot in dawsonvile).

Bballjamal
11-27-2006, 03:59 PM
stay away

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
stay away

For fear of flying cavy's?

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Just shoot me a PM anytime anyone does a mountain run, cas I am 10 mins from where people normally meet at for them (home depot in dawsonvile).

yeah my parents live close to there as well. my car stays out there in my and dads shop

stay away
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
For fear of flying cavy's?

mine doesn't have the power to get air borne LOL

1439/2000
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I went last weekend and there were 2 bikes in a ravine. Puts a damper on things.....

joecoolfreak
11-27-2006, 04:11 PM
just curious what the traffic was like recently. also, i heard someone mention that 5-0 was cracking down in those areas that popular spots for run. gimme feedback

Let me know when and if you plan on going

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
jamal, did u get a radiator?

Jecht
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah someone definitely PM me next time one of these is going on. I'm installing my coilovers over christmas break, so my car shouldn't be such a body roll pig and might make it through a corner or two. lol

... I think Jamal is scared of the corners. lol j/k dude

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
mine doesn't have the power to get air borne LOL

Nah a while back bball was up there and launched his into the air using a small ditch...

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Nah a while back bball was up there and launched his into the air using a small ditch...

yeah i was there, i took the pictures :D

Jecht
11-27-2006, 04:21 PM

OUCH... sorry dude.

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
yeah i was there

oh...lol

My friend dominic was up there with his E30...

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
yup

Doppelgänger
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
I think I seen you on 129 before.
Heh, probably.. hard to miss my car up there.

I was going after these 2 bikes on the uphill, i passed them when i was heading down, turned around and was catching them...right as i caught them i popped a intercooler pipe:rant:

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 04:56 PM

I was going after these 2 bikes on the uphill, i passed them when i was heading down, turned around and was catching them...right as i caught them i popped a intercooler pipe:rant:

Well damn...that is a bummer...

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM

A great majority if not all of us are much slower going downhill. It just fucks with your head and its scary!:eek:

JennB
11-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Passed them on the downhill and then turned around at the little shop camper type place at the bottom to catch them on the uphill.

I don't like downhill even in a car. I'm all about climbing. :goodjob:

Ran
11-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah someone definitely PM me next time one of these is going on. I'm installing my coilovers over christmas break, so my car shouldn't be such a body roll pig and might make it through a corner or two. lolEh, you'll be alright. I went up there in my Yaris and all it has is springs. Body roll Hell. :lmfao:

A great majority if not all of us are much slower going downhill. It just fucks with your head and its scary!:eek::werd: I stayed a steady 45-55mph going downhill and still felt the backend of the Yaris oversteer from time to time on the tight corners. I'll stick to climbing. I can see the road ahead a lot better and plot my line. Love those corners tho. Nothing better than going up the hill full throttle and having to look out your door window to see where you're going because the corner is so tight. :D

Bballjamal
11-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Ahhh it's cool! The cavy handled the more aggresive roads damn good but I guess I took the cruise down into Helen lightly and it shoved a fist in my ass for it. Besides learning about that particular turn, i learned who all the egotistic asses are here on IA :D

Dominic and Paki were cool people though and I'd definately go again in a heartbeat :goodjob:

COG - Yessurrr! Got her for $111.17 :eek: from Riverdale radiator! Couldn't believe my ears and it's definately brand spankin new! She's been running now for 3 weeks though! Just 5-10sec start ups though. The valves haven't seated yet and you can hear a small ticking. Nothing major, hell, we even fixed the damn frame here at the house. Guess we should've opened that shop before giving up on it :(

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Bball if I had been there I would have went to the airport and gotten you a pair of delta wings :D

Bballjamal
11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Hell, I'm thinking of going with a 7' aluminum so I can atleast glide down to the road over the cliff next time lol :lmfao:

Personally assasinate me when you see this.......I'll even provide the glock :goodjob:

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Hell, I'm thinking of going with a 7' aluminum so I can atleast glide down to the road over the cliff next time lol :lmfao:

Personally assasinate me when you see this.......I'll even provide the glock :goodjob:

Nah the wings will prolly seperate from the frame of the car or the frame will buckle anyway because it is a chevy...so there will be no need for bullets :goodjob:

§treet_§peed
11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
so is this gonna be the Flyin' J body's reunite tour?

Bruce Leroy
11-27-2006, 07:29 PM
FRANK WRECKED HIS MIATA!?!?!?!?!

HHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

damn that sucks.

Jecht
11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Wow, the Yaris actually oversteers on occasion? Thats surprising. How well does it handle? I've been interested in them for a while now (I liked the first gen Vitz).

I'm afraid that I'll end up with the same opinion about downhill as everyone else, I'd be afraid of taking my car past it's limits and understeer into something.

Oh and lol @ The Duke and giving Jamal some wings. haha

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
so is this gonna be the Flyin' J body's reunite tour?

your gay :gay: , and little late. someone already brought that up

go get your diver's license

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 07:41 PM

cool, the s/c is going in possibly next month, just gotta find a free weekend. if you wanna assist, lmk

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 07:44 PM
haha quoted the wrong post, oh well

Bballjamal
11-27-2006, 07:46 PM
FOCK yes I'll assist you bum! I wish you would've just went with the snail though! I'm 10x better at tuning a car for a turbo. That charger you just slap on and get a re-flash, unless you want to go 1/2's on HPT with me and tune the HELL outta both the cars :D Lemme kno!

And sucks to whoever crashed! It's not all that fun, but you can't let it wreck your day.......

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
And sucks to whoever crashed! It's not all that fun, but you can't let it wreck your day.......

I was told that his was just comestic damage though, not ripping bumpers off and fucking up radiators and stuff...

COGCaviZ24
11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL

Bruce Leroy
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm afraid that I'll end up with the same opinion about downhill as everyone else, I'd be afraid of taking my car past it's limits and understeer into something.

Just build up to a level where you feel comfortable taking your car downhill.

I went to the mountains by myself about three or four times before I went with a group. That way I could drive at a pace that i felt comfortable with, and gradually build up enough confidence to drive harder. I learned how long I can wait before braking, how my car will react to steering changes ect... NOw i can keep up with cars that SHOULD walk away from me in the twisties.

But I'm also a crazy mofo who gets sideways around every corner.

wantboost
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
^^^ in a civic????

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 08:08 PM

I went to the mountains by myself about three or four times before I went with a group. That way I could drive at a pace that i felt comfortable with, and gradually build up enough confidence to drive harder. I learned how long I can wait before braking, how my car will react to steering changes ect... NOw i can keep up with cars that SHOULD walk away from me in the twisties.

But I'm also a crazy mofo who gets sideways around every corner.

Ya that is right there are no curbs to hamper you going sideways up there...

Bruce Leroy
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
^^^ in a civic????

not extreme angle or anything, but i can get the back end to slide out going into a turn under hard braking.

(THats when i had gripper tires in the front that the back, now i riding stockies)

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
not extreme angle or anything, but i can get the back end to slide out going into a turn under hard braking.

(THats when i had gripper tires in the front that the back, now i riding stockies)
Why would you do that? The rear is more important than your front, when it comes to handling.

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
I have seen good drivers in tegs and civics and things of the like walk BMWs...

HiPSI
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM

yeah, curbs are scary. who cares about those damn pedestrians, cars, motorcycles, animals and large dropoffs on the side of the road :rolleyes:.

Bruce Leroy
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Why would you do that? The rear is more important than your front, when it comes to handling.

cuz i was broke.

But it was fun. Plus it kept me from going a little too fast.

Bruce Leroy
11-27-2006, 08:18 PM

Yep gotta watch thoce curbs..... especially when doing reverse donuts :crazy:

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah, curbs are scary. who cares about those damn pedestrians, cars, motorcycles, animals and large dropoffs on the side of the road :rolleyes:.

And there is the no comment from nick...lol

There is a story behind that statement...

Bruce Leroy
11-27-2006, 08:25 PM
And there is the no comment from nick...lol

There is a story behind that statement...

hey, he quoted you not me :tongue1:

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Nothing more frightening than seeing a car all over the double yellow in a blind turn.

HiPSI
11-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Nothing more frightening than seeing a ****** all over the double yellow in a blind turn.

insert any large object/animal into the ***** and you pretty much got it.

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
:eek:Ok 18 wheeler

Dominic49
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
i would be down for a mountain run if my car would go outa 2nd gear.... but while my car is down i plan on replacing all ball joints bushings and hoses....

GIXXERDK
11-27-2006, 10:28 PM
i would be down for a mountain run if my car would go outa 2nd gear.... but while my car is down i plan on replacing all ball joints bushings and hoses....
Second gear is perfect for 180

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2006, 11:41 PM

thanks for the invite fag

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
I went last weekend and there were 2 bikes in a ravine. Puts a damper on things.....
only if u are one of the bikers.

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Ahhh it's cool! The cavy handled the more aggresive roads damn good but I guess I took the cruise down into Helen lightly and it shoved a fist in my ass for it. Besides learning about that particular turn, i learned who all the egotistic asses are here on IA :D

Dominic and Paki were cool people though and I'd definately go again in a heartbeat :goodjob:

COG - Yessurrr! Got her for $111.17 :eek: from Riverdale radiator! Couldn't believe my ears and it's definately brand spankin new! She's been running now for 3 weeks though! Just 5-10sec start ups though. The valves haven't seated yet and you can hear a small ticking. Nothing major, hell, we even fixed the damn frame here at the house. Guess we should've opened that shop before giving up on it :(

not all i am sure.

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2006, 11:52 PM

But I'm also a crazy mofo who gets sideways around every corner. :goodjob:

u sound safe.

Ran
11-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Nothing more frightening than seeing a car all over the double yellow in a blind turn.That's why we only run uphill and at night.

Uphill
Can see the road ahead
Can control your car a lot better

Night
Can see oncoming headlights well in advance
No traffic or pedestrians at 2AM

Hiro
11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Dang, me and Frank were up there on Friday night. :lmao:

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHA MOUNTAIN RUNS....yeah...:doh:

Jecht
11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Good point, running that late at night is definitely a better idea.

Hiro
11-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, we definitely need to rent cabins next time.

Ran
11-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah, we definitely need to rent cabins next time.Definitely. Get about 5-6 people and split the cost on a cabin. That way we can run all night and not have to worry about driving home. :yes:

LiL PaKi
11-28-2006, 10:34 AM

Ed
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I know a couple of people have been up there in the past 2 weeks...

I was there. Sorry you couldnt come, but you had better plans anyway, :) next time. Plan one up and Ill go for sure(on a sunday)

heres a video(the dude said he forgot to turn the sound on :doh:):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4755116530993135500

its a bad video, he kept his distance for some reason...

Ran
11-28-2006, 01:37 PM

its a bad video, he kept his distance for some reason...Nice vid man. Would have been better with sound. You can also see why we go at night. During the day there is too much traffic and you gotta stick to your lane. Late at night (11PM+), there isn't any traffic (maybe 1 car every 30 mins) so you can use the whole road.

On the vid, at 4:15 you pass a small store on the right. There is a large parking lot that we use as an turn-around point. It's pretty much the top of the mountain and you start back downhill after that. Another good thing about that spot is that there is a spot around back where you can stand and watch others run down the mountain. Pretty cool to watch. :yes:

We're planning another run up there before long. If you want in, PM me and I'll toss you the details a few days before we go. :cheers:

Ed
11-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice vid man. Would have been better with sound. You can also see why we go at night. During the day there is too much traffic and you gotta stick to your lane. Late at night (11PM+), there isn't any traffic (maybe 1 car every 30 mins) so you can use the whole road.

On the vid, at 4:15 you pass a small store on the right. There is a large parking lot that we use as an turn-around point. It's pretty much the top of the mountain and you start back downhill after that. Another good thing about that spot is that there is a spot around back where you can stand and watch others run down the mountain. Pretty cool to watch. :yes:

We're planning another run up there before long. If you want in, PM me and I'll toss you the details a few days before we go. :cheers:

i know what store youre talking about. its at the top of 129. ive never done a mountain run at night, would be interesting. ill pm you now, i might be interested. might be cool.

Ed
11-28-2006, 01:59 PM
oh btw thanks for the compliment, even though it was a sucky video, no sound, and he kept his distance.

GIXXERDK
11-28-2006, 03:06 PM
I was there. Sorry you couldnt come, but you had better plans anyway, :) next time. Plan one up and Ill go for sure(on a sunday)

its a bad video, he kept his distance for some reason...
When was this video taken? I think that was us at the top of 129

Ed
11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
When was this video taken? I think that was us at the top of 129

last saturday... if it was, damn coincidence lol :lmfao: