PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tech Football Discussion

ShooterMcGavin
11-27-2006, 10:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2677110

just came across this article today about mike shula being fired from bama after 4 seasons.

how does this relate to GT? well, shula was fired from bama after having to deal with a program on probation and still managed to have a 10-2 season last yr and winning in the cotton bowl, main reason, his inability to get a single win against in-state rival auburn.

my question is this, if mike shula can be fired, why aren't we canning chan? i mean canchan.com or org or whatever is getting a lot less traffic this yr i'm sure with our overall better record. but the fact remains the same, he is still more than inept as an "offensive" minded coach (the other meaning for offensive definitely applies more here) and he has been unable to beat uga even with weapons such as pj daniels, calvin johnson, tashard choice and the always stout defensive led by tenuta.

in some ways i find it disappointing that after the departure of our late athletic director, who happened to have the gall to openly state that tech is not in the habit to contend for national championships, we are having an above average season. i almost wished we would have a 3-9 season like unc did just so we can make a most necessary coaching change.

feel free to discuss.