PDA

View Full Version : FUCK CROSS THREAD O2 Sensors!!!

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 06:03 AM
So we put new headers on my car, and the fucking O2 sensor is cross threaded into the stock one...

So I have to go buy a new one and cant really drive it until plugging the hole cas there is a 6in flame shoot out of the O2 sensor bung...

YokotaS13
11-27-2006, 06:04 AM
you are lame..... thats hard as fuck to xthread a o2 sensor

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 06:19 AM
you are lame..... thats hard as fuck to xthread a o2 sensor

I will take pics when I get home and get my carmea...

Trust me...

I had a fucking 4 foot bar on the end of the socket wrench...

YokotaS13
11-27-2006, 06:27 AM
yeah, thats why you did it. SHuld have thought about that when you put the 4 foot bar on it

N/A EK
11-27-2006, 06:27 AM
So we put new headers on my car, and the fucking O2 sensor is cross threaded into the stock one...

So I have to go buy a new one and cant really drive it until plugging the hole cas there is a 6in flame shoot out of the O2 sensor bung...

DO NOT put a header on your car if you dont have a exhaust system!!! Cuz your ride at high rpm's will sound like shit, you gonna think it's fu*ked up or something:yes:

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 06:31 AM
DO NOT put a header on your car if you dont have a exhaust system!!! Cuz your ride at high rpm's will sound like shit, you gonna think it's fu*ked up or something:yes:

Nah it will sound healthy compared to what it sounds like now, trust me...

It sounds like an oversized lawnmower when you give it gas...

Those are next on the list...

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 06:32 AM
yeah, thats why you did it. SHuld have thought about that when you put the 4 foot bar on it

nah it was sitting lop sided in the bung before we even did anything to it...

koukis14
11-27-2006, 07:50 AM
did you have it plugged in when you screwed it in?

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
did you have it plugged in when you screwed it in?

Of course not, that makes it even harder to do. Plus I didnt screw this one in. Who ever worked on the car last\ factory (doubtful) were the ones who cross thread that bitch.

I have the new O2 sensor installed and the loud ass lawnmower noise is gone. The new O2 threaded very smooth and nicely into my newly installed cat-less header.

I am glad I ran into this while upgrading to a performance header rather than my O2 sensor dying on me. I would have had to go out and buy a new header because the xthreaded O2 sensor took all the thread on the stock header with it...

Sport1.3
11-27-2006, 03:10 PM
HA HA you are dumb

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
HA HA you are dumb

Nope, just unlucky...

I am a beginner at the whole working on cars thing and had other that knew what they were doing helping.

Seriously that bitch was in there lop sided...I am not shitting you...

But do you know what, it works now...

Ran
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
So I have to go buy a new one and cant really drive it until plugging the hole cas there is a 6in flame shoot out of the O2 sensor bung... :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

For some reason, the picture I have of this is just funny as all hell. :lmfao:

Sh*t happens, live and learn. When I put my suspension on my Yaris, I cut my hand to the bone twice. :doh:

2.0civic
11-27-2006, 03:47 PM
lol at plugging a bung hole

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 03:47 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

For some reason, the picture I have of this is just funny as all hell. :lmfao:

Sh*t happens, live and learn. When I put my suspension on my Yaris, I cut my hand to the bone twice. :doh:

Ya my engine bay ate kyle arm up...he has scratches and cuts all over his arms...

Ya that shit was freaky. We turned it on to see how loud it was going to be when it was on the street and reved it and the shit popped a couple times and then fucking blue flame shot out of the hole...Justin tried to light a cigerate with it...

Ran if you think the picture you have in your head is funny, wait til you see the pic of the O2 sensor that was cross threaded in there...

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
lol at plugging a bung hole

Oh it got plugged cas it was very annoying to have it open...