PDA

View Full Version : Dumb cops..

PhAtBoYMr2
11-26-2006, 01:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/nyc.shooting.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police fired 50 rounds Saturday at a car of unarmed men leaving a bachelor party at a strip club, killing the groom on his wedding day in a shooting that drew a furious outcry from family members and community leaders.

The spray of bullets hit the car 21 times, after the vehicle rammed into an undercover officer and then an unmarked NYPD minivan twice, police said. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly would not say if the collisions were what prompted police to open fire.

It was too early to say whether the shooting was justified, Kelly said. (Watch questions raised by groom's shooting Video)

Police thought one of the men in the car might have had a gun. But police found no weapons.

"Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this morning's shootings ... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

Kelly said the incident stemmed from an undercover operation inside the strip club. Seven officers in plain clothes were investigating the Kalua Cabaret, and five were involved in the shooting. The gunfire also hit nearby homes and a train station, though no residents were injured.

A veteran officer fired his weapon 31 times, emptying two full magazines, Kelly said. All the officers carried 9 mm handguns.

The groom, who was driving, was identified as Sean Bell, 23. Joseph Guzman, 31, was in the front seat and was shot at least 11 times. Trent Benefield, 23, who was in the back seat, was hit three times. Both men were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital. Guzman was listed in critical condition and Benefield was in stable condition.

Kelly said there may have been a fourth person in the car who fled the scene.

Three officers, including the officer hit by the car, were treated and released. Another detective remained hospitalized for blood pressure, Kelly said.

Abraham Kamara, 38, who lives a few blocks from the club, said he was getting ready for work at about 4 a.m. when he heard bursts of gunfire.

"First it was like four shots," he said. "And then it was like pop-pop-pop like 12 times."

A grand jury was investigating the incident. Kelly said none of the five veteran officers had ever discharged their weapons in the line of duty. He has not been able to interview the officers because the district attorney must first complete an investigation, he said.

The undercover officers were inside the club to document illicit activity, Kelly said. With one more violation the club would be shut down, Kelly said.

He said the establishment has a "chronic history of narcotics, prostitution and weapons complaints."

Stupid pigs FTL

§treet_§peed
11-26-2006, 03:55 PM
that's realy quite fucked up

PhAtBoYMr2
11-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Imagine how his family and fiancee feel

§treet_§peed
11-26-2006, 04:00 PM
yup..i would want to kill a bitch

PhAtBoYMr2
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
And people wonder why there is so much hatred for police officers......

§treet_§peed
11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
yup..dumb ones like this fuck it up for the very very very very few ones thyat are half way decent

Greddypacked
11-26-2006, 04:44 PM
damn, i would definatley do something to the police station. Sue, get the FBI to look into the corrupted system how they do things. No way they needed to shoot that many times, and didnt even have a clue of them shooting back. Feed those pigs to the wolfs. Prayers to the familes.

§treet_§peed
11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
well it's just like the cops in atl i think it was dealb sounty that they shot that poor old black lady like 100 times or whatever..fucked up shit over nothing..

GIXXERDK
11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/nyc.shooting.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police fired 50 rounds Saturday at a car of unarmed men leaving a bachelor party at a strip club, killing the groom on his wedding day in a shooting that drew a furious outcry from family members and community leaders.

The spray of bullets hit the car 21 times, after the vehicle rammed into an undercover officer and then an unmarked NYPD minivan twice, police said. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly would not say if the collisions were what prompted police to open fire.

It was too early to say whether the shooting was justified, Kelly said. (Watch questions raised by groom's shooting Video)

Police thought one of the men in the car might have had a gun. But police found no weapons.

"Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this morning's shootings ... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

Kelly said the incident stemmed from an undercover operation inside the strip club. Seven officers in plain clothes were investigating the Kalua Cabaret, and five were involved in the shooting. The gunfire also hit nearby homes and a train station, though no residents were injured.

A veteran officer fired his weapon 31 times, emptying two full magazines, Kelly said. All the officers carried 9 mm handguns.

The groom, who was driving, was identified as Sean Bell, 23. Joseph Guzman, 31, was in the front seat and was shot at least 11 times. Trent Benefield, 23, who was in the back seat, was hit three times. Both men were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital. Guzman was listed in critical condition and Benefield was in stable condition.

Kelly said there may have been a fourth person in the car who fled the scene.

Three officers, including the officer hit by the car, were treated and released. Another detective remained hospitalized for blood pressure, Kelly said.

Abraham Kamara, 38, who lives a few blocks from the club, said he was getting ready for work at about 4 a.m. when he heard bursts of gunfire.

"First it was like four shots," he said. "And then it was like pop-pop-pop like 12 times."

A grand jury was investigating the incident. Kelly said none of the five veteran officers had ever discharged their weapons in the line of duty. He has not been able to interview the officers because the district attorney must first complete an investigation, he said.

The undercover officers were inside the club to document illicit activity, Kelly said. With one more violation the club would be shut down, Kelly said.

He said the establishment has a "chronic history of narcotics, prostitution and weapons complaints."

Stupid pigs FTL

And runing into a car two times isnt attempted manslaughter?

§treet_§peed
11-26-2006, 10:34 PM
but still you gotta think they did go a little over board with how many shots they fired

PhAtBoYMr2
11-26-2006, 10:38 PM
espically when the guy didn't have a gun and wasnt firing any rounds back...

§treet_§peed
11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
they should of just shot there tires out first and then went from there,,,but no they are to lazy to do that

The Green Monster
11-26-2006, 11:00 PM
they don't have the accuracy obviously

koukis14
11-27-2006, 12:02 AM
As soon as you turn your car on a police officer or police vehicle with a cop in it, it is instantly considered assult with a deady weapon on a police officer. Meaning the police are authorized to use deadly force. Putting 50 rounds however into a car without seeing a weapon is going a little too far. I mean If I were a cop I would have seen it as "I can shoot but I dont want to because there are three people in the car that have not broken the law yet."

PRiMAdonna
11-27-2006, 12:05 AM
damn, killed a groom on his wedding day... that's about as FUCKED up as it gets.

con
11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
over 51 shots fired, one guy shot 11 times another 3 times and the other undisclosed; one officer emptied two full clips then some all on unarmed me.......WTF, that's murder.........not to mention hitting nearby homes and businesses putting others in danger........

~The_Duke~
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I believe that some murder charges need to be issued...

SLOWR/T
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
this is why i hate cops. i have "met" alot of cops on my life and i can count the good ones on one hand. i will say i do have a friend that is a sheriff though. 50+ rounds is incalled for. they should fry those cops no questions asked. there was no gun in the car. none of the cops were hardly injured..................im getting pissed just thinking about it.

ahmonrah
11-28-2006, 12:29 AM
do you know how many times you have to reload in one short occurance, and individually 31 shots ??

i've got 2 13rd clips and just to empty one clip ACCURATELY, in rapid succession takes about 5-8 seconds. some bullets will be accurate, most? everywhere else.

if your ass needs 31 shots to stop a threat and they are UNARMED, ya ass NEED NOT be a beat cop, and 2, POLICE GET FREE RANGE/BULLETS!!!! take ya ass to the range!

ahmonrah
11-28-2006, 12:32 AM
reminds me of another unfortunate NEW YORKER, AMADOU DIALLO
http://www.ishipress.com/diallo.jpg

PhAtBoYMr2
11-28-2006, 12:37 AM
If i knew a cop was going to kill me or attempt to kill me for no reason and i had a gun on me best belive im going to get a couple rounds off before getting shot in the head.

seksehowy
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
why is the driver hitting cops car and shit in the first place. but that is pretty sad. and that shit is around thanksgiving season too. sad sad. damn cops got trigger happy.

The Green Monster
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
like the 90 year old lady that shot three cops?

:bump:

ahmonrah
11-28-2006, 02:35 AM
like the 90 year old lady that shot three cops?

:bump:granny gets mad props from me!!! a police issued "NO KNOCK WARRANT"? and what, they expect someone NOT to attempte to defend their home?? shiiiiiiit.......all 3 cops that barged in gotta bullet to go with that stupid move.