PDA

View Full Version : Misc Online Gaming

TonyRSX
11-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Me and my brother play online games all the time, but have never been able to play in the same game cooperatively. Take Starcraft for example, when we play seperately, everythings fine, connection is fast with no lag. However, when we both try joining the same gameit lags like crazy and we basically arent even able to play (since we share the same connection). Any of you guys know a way where we can be in the same game and play without all the lag and crap? We've tried a couple of different routers, but those have not worked out very well...

any help would be appreciated...

thanx

Maverick
11-24-2006, 04:49 PM
maybe you got a shitty connection. me and my bro play fine

IntegraXTR
11-24-2006, 04:56 PM
maybe you got a shitty connection. me and my bro play fine

:werd: I believe you're talkin about LANing together, if you have tried different routers and still laggy, then might either want to go get your comps tweaked out or try a different connection. What service provider are you with?

TonyRSX
11-24-2006, 05:12 PM
:werd: I believe you're talkin about LANing together, if you have tried different routers and still laggy, then might either want to go get your comps tweaked out or try a different connection. What service provider are you with?

Bellsouth DSL ultra 1.5 Mbps/256 Kbps

ueyedgr8tness
11-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Bellsouth DSL

:gay: bellsouth well me and my bro play css 24/7 i mean 24/7 and we never have that problem but we got cable internet :tongue1: i love it we ping at about 40 we have no problem at all.

DemonEyez
11-24-2006, 06:17 PM
yeah its not ur connection or anything. prolly just ur comps.

me nd my bro play wow all the time. with the UI addons it takes up alotof bandwidth but we never lag. we did on the DSL lite

IntegraXTR
11-24-2006, 06:22 PM
:gay: bellsouth well me and my bro play css 24/7 i mean 24/7 and we never have that problem but we got cable internet :tongue1: i love it we ping at about 40 we have no problem at all.

haha, hell yeh, you just said it all, Bellsouth DSL is gay no matter what, their westell modems suck ass and service sucks. Cable is where its at, I myself play CS 1.6 all damn day and night and my ping never jumps, stays between 40-60.

DemonEyez
11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
cables good n all if your not in a busy neighborhood where everoyne has cable. shared bandwidth and its also alot less secure : (

but i prefer my alway 1.5mb/sec and not the cables you can get 6 if no one else is on in your neighborhood.

r1stuntfreak
11-24-2006, 09:02 PM
use cat6 cable insteda of cat5 is you can I had a problem like this and this really helped

ueyedgr8tness
11-24-2006, 10:23 PM
cables good n all if your not in a busy neighborhood where everoyne has cable. shared bandwidth and its also alot less secure : (

but i prefer my alway 1.5mb/sec and not the cables you can get 6 if no one else is on in your neighborhood.

YEa we got the best they have out in our area we get 8 and its like a t4 i swear we never lag.And u defrag your at all or disk cleanup.

TonyRSX
11-25-2006, 01:21 AM
so...is my 1.5mbp DSL too shitty?

i mean...me and my bro can play at the same time and same game(as in SC) and all...
but when its comes to playing in the same game/same room...we get owned with lag...

§treet_§peed
11-25-2006, 01:32 AM
HALO and HALO 2 on Xbox live FTMFW SON!!!!

DemonEyez
11-25-2006, 09:01 PM
YEa we got the best they have out in our area we get 8 and its like a t4 i swear we never lag.And u defrag your at all or disk cleanup.

i know man cable advertises 8mb/sec but you truly wont ever see close to that.

and like i said theres no guarantee yours will lag out just the chance if someine in your shared area decides to hog it. DSL has its issues too like being too far from the hub but generall the dsl is considered more consistant where as cable due to like i said a shared bandwidth can go up or down.

gtikid
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Ey man I think you just have your shit configured incorrectly man. I have 2 friends who are brothers and they both play all sorts of online games at the same time and they never have any lag or any kinds of slow connections. They have awesome connections. Check your connections and make sure your computer is running as good as it is capable of doing. And ey foo!! When you gonna play vs. me in StarCraft!! I will kick that ass!! Hahaha....and btw Tony did you get my text earlier today? I got a new number so that old number you have from me doesn't work. PM me if you didn't get it.

TonyRSX
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Ey man I think you just have your shit configured incorrectly man. I have 2 friends who are brothers and they both play all sorts of online games at the same time and they never have any lag or any kinds of slow connections. They have awesome connections. Check your connections and make sure your computer is running as good as it is capable of doing. And ey foo!! When you gonna play vs. me in StarCraft!! I will kick that ass!! Hahaha....and btw Tony did you get my text earlier today? I got a new number so that old number you have from me doesn't work. PM me if you didn't get it.

haha its been a while since ive played man...but im always ready to give u a good owning...i usually play with Hai...now Hai's a badass at SC...

but yea...i dont think i ever got ur txt...jus lemme know ur number again...

unkn0wndj
11-27-2006, 01:45 AM
i know man cable advertises 8mb/sec but you truly wont ever see close to that.

and like i said theres no guarantee yours will lag out just the chance if someine in your shared area decides to hog it. DSL has its issues too like being too far from the hub but generall the dsl is considered more consistant where as cable due to like i said a shared bandwidth can go up or down.

I beg to differ. I see every bit of my 8 mbit line. Depending on your neighborhood and how many people share that circuit. Actually my Cable stays around the same speed all the time. Fluctuation is very rare. Although the pipe isn't very big at all; Bandwidth sucks.

devinwebb907
11-27-2006, 10:48 PM
i used to play cs years ago, and people could use my internet at my house playing the same game or whatever and everyone was fine. i have bellsouth dsl as well...the 1.5mbps, ive had it for several years. i wouldnt blame the service, it may not be the best thing ever but it is pretty consistent.

Sushi
11-27-2006, 10:58 PM
make sure he plays cs of a different port. if your both using the same port that might be a problem I forgot how to change the game port in cs. But if I remeber ill let you know.

ueyedgr8tness
11-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I beg to differ. I see every bit of my 8 mbit line. Depending on your neighborhood and how many people share that circuit. Actually my Cable stays around the same speed all the time. Fluctuation is very rare. Although the pipe isn't very big at all; Bandwidth sucks.

LOl what he said we c it all the time well atleast 7 cause were the only ppl in my area that will pay the price for cable>But yea i love it we play 24/7 and have the same ping and latency every night any 1 else play css.

GIXXERDK
12-14-2006, 01:40 AM
My brother and I have the same problem, we had DSL with bellsouth too. I switched to Comcast :)