PDA

View Full Version : drifting web video series idea.

DrivenMind
06-06-2005, 06:57 AM
(This was cross posted in SEDAs forum as well)

I'll feel kinda dumb posting this, but what the hell. As a few of you know I run a small website (www.drivenminds.net) that really serves no purpose other than to give people (100-200 a day) updates on our "project cars", for me to show a few pictures I've taken (now my camera is broke and I don't have the $$$ to get a new one), and host video I've edited or a small mini movie I put together. I own two Apples, two Cannon mini-DV camcorders and some editing software so I have everything needed to actually do this.

Anyway on to the point. Myself and a good majority of my friends have made the transition to RWD cars recently and as you can imagine we've been doing the typical dumb stuff you'd expect a group of young males to do after purchasing their first RWD car, doughnuts, powerover induced little mini slides and the like.

I digress...

My idea:
I'll make a series of mini-movies (anywhere from 6-20 minutes long) online following myself and my friends (some of SEDAs own) as we start off getting involved in drifting, and as we practice both legally and illeagally. Now I know many of you don't condone screwing around of the street and I would agree that it's not the brightest idea either, but seat time is a huge factor in gaining experience when it comes to something like driving/drifting. I'm well aware of the risks that go along with trying to drift or do something like it in parking lots. Legal events are great, but they're still somewhat far and few between here in the south.

Also note that by "street" I mean we'd be going to various giant industrial park parking lots extremely late at night (1-4 am usually on Saturday or Sunday) trying different "drift" techniques.

Quite simply I'm just curious if anyone here would be interested in a series of small movies, following and documenting the progress made by a group of people (two of which are SEDA members) as they get started in drifting and continue to practice.

Maybe it's a dumb idea, maybe not (guess I'll find out)... but I'd rather not go through the effort of filming and editing all of this, if no one is really interested in watching it.

I've already gotten started editing the first "episode" so this thread will probaly make or break the idea...

Soooooooooooo tell me what you think and try to be constructive in your "critique" of my little idea.

Youst420
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
i think that would be bad ass! i wish i could participate but i have no license!

DrivenMind
06-07-2005, 04:00 AM
hm... maybe I should cross post this in other parts of the forum.

Big Rick
06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
good idea, i say go for it, people are lazy so all they want to see is the finished idea. i say give the first series a shot and go from there. Also let me know if u need help filimin. i'll help as long as i or anyone else is not gonna be in dangers way.

s4driver1519
06-15-2005, 07:45 PM
you can count me in if you guys wants some donut footage i'll be more than happy to do some for you guys...:yumyum: :camera: