PDA

View Full Version : Misc Loading Video onto your iPod

Ran
11-21-2006, 03:11 PM
So I just got a 60GB iPod Video and from what I gather, transferring videos to it is a PITA. Does it have to be a certain format or something? How do I go about it?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

thecrazyone
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
i believe it has the be WMV, u can use a video converter to convert Mpegs and such, and its not hard u can use the ipod program or just open up the folder through my computer and copy and paste all the music and vids u want, i did it through trail and error by putting them on it and then playin them and deleting the ones that didnt work.

hope that was helpful.

imbosile
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Just use this free software called Videora Ipod Converter, it will convert it to the right format.

IanHavok
11-21-2006, 03:38 PM
If you have a Mac there is a free program called Handbrake that rocks. I'm not sure if there is a port for windows though.

Ran
11-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys. Does converting it to the different format mess with the quality anymore?

Mr_Mischif
11-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys. Does converting it to the different format mess with the quality anymore?

It'll fuck with it some, but it shouldn't hurt it too much.

JoeyKazez
11-22-2006, 09:29 AM

Almost all converters will let you choose the quality settings.

i believe it has the be WMV

Thats not right, Ipod video formats are .mp4, or .m4v

Ran
11-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Thats not right, Ipod video formats are .mp4, or .m4vThanks Joey. This works for me since most of my vids are already mp4 format anyway. :D

Reps to those that I can. :cheers: