PDA

View Full Version : Misc Alcohol Sales On Sundays?

Eurostunna07
11-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Would you be against this idea? or With? if they are really trying to consider to allow Alcohol sales on sundays? Georgia is just 1 of the 3 states that dont allow Alcohol sales on sunday.

ATLANTA -- “Six days a week you can buy alcohol – that’s plenty,” says Nicole Bennett.“I don’t understand the logic – it confuses me,” says Anne Beibleman.And it could be the next big debate under the gold dome – should grocery and convenience stores be allowed to sell beer and wine on Sundays?“Because the shopping patterns have changed so much, I am the perfect example of a very busy mother and I go to church and do my grocery shopping on Sunday

– that’s what so many of our customers do now and again. We’re in the business of taking car of our customers,” says Kathy Kuzava with the Georgia Food Industry Association.“I would prefer it, it would make it much more convenient for me and I’m sure for a lot of people to be able to buy it when you’re at the grocery store rather than remembering when you can and when you can’t,” says Beibleman.

Georgia is one of only three states that prohibits the sale of alcohol on Sundays. Ten years ago, the Legislature changed the so-called Blue Laws to allow restaurants and bars to serve.

This is the first year the grocery and convenience store industry will pressure lawmakers on the issue.“I would probably need more rationale why you would allow liquor sales on Sundays. If it’s just for greater access, I would probably be against it,” says Darwin Sewell.When Channel 2’s Lori Geary asked Kuzava is she was worried about having a lot of opposition to this since Georgia is still in the Bible Belt, she replied,

“Well, it’s early in the debate. We know there will be some debate on this issue.”Some of the Republican leaders in the House say this issue is not on their agenda. Representative Mark Burkhalter told Lori Geary this was not something they’ve discussed in their caucus. His opinion is that the current law is working just fine.
Copyright 2006 by WSBTV.com ([email protected]). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Eurostunna07
11-20-2006, 11:41 PM
wtf mate how did I post 2 of the same threads, I swear I only clicked SUBMIT once.
well mods/admin please delete this one