PDA

View Full Version : Misc the davinci code

thecrazyone
11-20-2006, 11:11 PM
who has watched it? reviews? i just watched it on dvd, i thought it was really cool and interesting, be even cooler if what it illustrates is true, which i dont know because i havent done my research(yet), my mom said the book is better than the movie.

Hulud
11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
who has watched it? reviews? i just watched it on dvd, i thought it was really cool and interesting, be even cooler if what it illustrates is true, which i dont know because i havent done my research(yet), my mom said the book is better than the movie.
it could be true, thats why i figure the christians boycotted the movie

but seriously the book is way better

Hulud
11-20-2006, 11:20 PM
oh and its davinci

im gonna correct it for ya

thecrazyone
11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
thanks, thats was pretty sad since i had the dvd case sitting 2 feet from me

Hulud
11-20-2006, 11:51 PM
thanks, thats was pretty sad since i had the dvd case sitting 2 feet from me
lol true

JC
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
The movie was a huge disappointment compared to that of the book. If you read the book, I could see how it could make you a believer of the Mary M. story. It is very well written and convincing. However, the movie was a huge dissapointment compared to the book. You just can't portray and express everything in picture like you can in words, it is just typical.

The Golden Child
11-21-2006, 10:08 AM
i thought it was interesting with the last supper ..

ShooterMcGavin
11-22-2006, 10:01 AM
movie was lame as hell compared to the book, no suspense whatsoever, same fucking pace throughout not to mention a shit ton of stuff was skipped. i understand a book to movie translation usually loses out on a lot but still, this was one story that u couldn't just skip details on as that was what made the book so damn good.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I liked it.

and I've heard from numerous people the book is better

but I hate reading, let alone a book with more than 200 pages

ShooterMcGavin
11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
lol but man, it's worth it :D

TheChosenOne
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Ya, I just watched the movie a week ago, and that shit barely covered all the stuff the book did, and it was STILL ober long! But, over all, from a non-conformist/eye opening movie stand point, I think it was well worth it.

i thought it was really cool and interesting, be even cooler if what it illustrates is true
I second this, also. If this story is remotely true, it is definantly something to look into.

The Yousef
11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
i was dissapointed in the movie..the book was exceptional the movie never lived up to the book...they changed too much to appease the masses IMO

Maverick
11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
books will alwasy be better than the movies...so i dont see the point in saying the book is better....everyone can read a book and put there imagination into it but in a movie its just one guys point of view of the book, and of course they will skip stuff...you cant put every little detail from a book into a movie.

ShooterMcGavin
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
^^exactly, but the point is, for certain books that are based on suspense and details or whatever, if u can't recreate any of that in a movie then why try? might as well make a documentary type film to show on ae or history channel or something, know what i mean?

Maverick
11-22-2006, 03:17 PM
^^exactly, but the point is, for certain books that are based on suspense and details or whatever, if u can't recreate any of that in a movie then why try? might as well make a documentary type film to show on ae or history channel or something, know what i mean?

well as a movie i thought it was good, and movies are for people like me who are too lazy to read the book and would rather just watch a 2 hour movie :p, like harry potter for example. i like the movies too lazy to read the book but pretty sure the book is better.

The Yousef
11-22-2006, 03:21 PM
well as a movie i thought it was good, and movies are for people like me who are too lazy to read the book and would rather just watch a 2 hour movie :p, like harry potter for example. i like the movies too lazy to read the book but pretty sure the book is better.

true but the only thing the really irks me about the movie is the whole concept of Robert Langdon being the devil's advocate in the movie and arguing for christianity instead of being the polar opposite in the book...i know the only reason they did that was to appease the general public and making the movie more profitable (granted that's capitalism but it still sucks)...

ShooterMcGavin
11-22-2006, 10:25 PM
then in that sense we are vastly different. i read a book, then go watch the movie to see if it plays out the way i imagined it in my head while reading it :goodjob:

Hulud
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
ron howard did a shitty interpretation of the book

4dmin
11-22-2006, 11:24 PM
it was alright... predictable and boring... there have been many similar films before dealing w/ this idea (not the exact subject): nineth gate, the order, etc....

lilmanx01
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
i need to read the book... but i thought the movie wasnt bad, seemed book-like?