PDA

View Full Version : PAYPAL - Be careful

AtifSajid
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
The newest scam in paypal. Completely legit. You cant even tell. You think you did everything right, received the money, cashed it out or transferred it. No problems. Other person got there goods, no problem. they even post up positive feedback.

BUT...

After 30 days, the actual person sees this hit on there account and they file a report right away. So paypal hits your account right away and says "this money was transferred to your account in an illegal way/manner. So we are holding the funds or putting your account into negative. Now your screwed because you have already sent the item and you have/have not used the money already.

Paypal will ask for the address and everything of the buyer. BUT the biggest thing is make sure you insure the item or get tracking on the item. This is the only way you will be killed for that amount! You have to show paypal tracking information. Show Paypal the item was delivered and someone signed for it.

I have had $750 in the last 2 weeks be disputed. $500 I was able to find the tracking information and completed the transaction and should get my money back within 48 hours, the other amount Im still working on. That is because I track and insure all my packages.

ANY PAYPAL TRANSACTION, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE INSURANCE OR TRACKING ON THE ITEM, AND MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THAT INFORMATION FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR ASS.

Just a heads up for everyone. I repeat it looks completely legit but someone is using another persons account.

VTECin5th
11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I used to have an paypal account I no longer have it. There is alot of FAKE links provided by websites which is a email/keystroker. I just use Visa prepaid card

AtifSajid
11-20-2006, 10:08 PM
People like me who run on-line business live off Paypal whether we like that shit or not, we dont have a safe choice..I mean we do, but this is the easiest.

con
11-20-2006, 10:14 PM
had a similar incident happen with me. keep all of your documentation, especially detailed tracking info (which is why I always use FedEx - port by port tracking). paypal held my $1,500 for about 10 days until I was able to prove that the items were delivered.

§treet_§peed
11-20-2006, 11:15 PM
werd...good info

bdydrpdmazda
11-20-2006, 11:21 PM
thanks for the info

JL889
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the info too esp since my volume has went up this x-mas season.

ct9a gsr
11-20-2006, 11:30 PM
lol, disputing charges against ppl who don't give you tracking#'s is a very old trick in the paypal book to rip ppl off... a lot of my friends and I have been burned previously by it cause we sold stuff that you can't track.