PDA

View Full Version : General Chat coilovers or spring & shock set up

RUacurIT
11-20-2006, 08:11 PM
I just got a new RSX type-S.... anyone know whats working for a suspension set up?

Would you use a full coilover kit or some springs and shock set up?

Whats better or worse and why?

Thanks.

mp5o
11-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Depends on what you wanna do with the car.... And how picky you are.

S2KJD
11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
spend a little more and get coilovers...

you'll be much happier all around with the results...

RUacurIT
11-22-2006, 10:15 AM
What type of coilovers are good for the 2006 rsx type s?

speedminded
11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
What type of coilovers are good for the 2006 rsx type s?What's your plans & intentions for the car and what's your budget...

IntegraXTR
11-22-2006, 11:40 AM
damn everyone is answering a question with a question.....if you just want to drop the car and make it look a little more sleek, get springs man, springs are better than coilovers in my opinion, cheaper, and you won't have to worry about adjusting. springs can be purchased for anywhere between $50-150 depending on brand (skunk2, TEIN, neuspeed, etc.) Skunk2 springs are fairly cheap and give you a pretty good drop, rides pretty good too but that depends on your shocks, stock shocks are good too but will give out eventually.

Coilover kits or also know has damper kits, these can get a bit pricey but overall performance is dramatically improved. take the APEX-i World Sport setup, about $1200 or so but the best ride you can have. Do a little more research and find out whats out there for you. Since you're new to it I would just get some springs and call it a day until you know what you really plan to do.

Z33_kid
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
get coilovers

cornercarver78
11-22-2006, 03:51 PM
full coilovers kits are obviously better because the whole unit is designed/ tested together, but like previously stated kinda pricey.

speedminded
11-23-2006, 12:36 AM
damn everyone is answering a question with a question.....if you just want to drop the car and make it look a little more sleek, get springs man, springs are better than coilovers in my opinion, cheaper, and you won't have to worry about adjusting. springs can be purchased for anywhere between $50-150 depending on brand (skunk2, TEIN, neuspeed, etc.) Skunk2 springs are fairly cheap and give you a pretty good drop, rides pretty good too but that depends on your shocks, stock shocks are good too but will give out eventually.

Coilover kits or also know has damper kits, these can get a bit pricey but overall performance is dramatically improved. take the APEX-i World Sport setup, about $1200 or so but the best ride you can have. Do a little more research and find out whats out there for you. Since you're new to it I would just get some springs and call it a day until you know what you really plan to do.It all revolves around budget, doesn't matter what the best or worst is...it's about how much he is willing to spend then the best at that price can be considered.

§treet_§peed
11-23-2006, 01:43 AM
either a omni coilover kit or skunk2 coilover kit..i was once a big fan off springs and shocks setup like you until i tlaked to several people and the honda god on here Mike Aka mr.vteckidd who suggested either a omni power coilover kit or skunk2 kit..whichever i could afford cause skunk2 is more expsensive than omni power lol

Hektik
11-23-2006, 01:59 AM
COILOVER

§treet_§peed
11-23-2006, 07:02 AM
SKUNK2 FTMFW YO!!

RUacurIT
11-30-2006, 04:43 PM
based on what everyone is saying... i wanna get the tein s tech.

where in atlanta sells them? Whats the going price for them?

Ran
11-30-2006, 04:54 PM

where in atlanta sells them? Whats the going price for them?Is this Lawrence from my Human Communications class? :thinking:

Anywho, I'll repeat what I've already said before.

Coilovers - Nice to have, but very expensive. Good for adjustability depending on which brand you go with and can be formidable on the track.

Springs & Shocks - This is the route I would go. Cheaper and with the proper spring and shock combo, you can do just as good as a coilover kit. H&R Springs or Eibach should have a good spring set-up for your Type-S. Couple that with a 4 or 8 way adjustable shock like a Koni and you'll be prime. You can set them for a soft setting for daily driving, then when you go to the track, just turn the knob and stiffen them up.

Avoid the Tein S-Techs. Every buddy of mine that has fun them, has had at least one spring sag. Also, the overall performance of the spring just isn't very good.

Good luck with whatever route you choose to go with. :cheers:

speedminded
11-30-2006, 05:01 PM

where in atlanta sells them? Whats the going price for them?lolol, what? on stock shocks? Hence why i said BUDGET before anyone wastes any time making any recomendations. Can name 25 of the best coil-over dampener setups but if you only planned to spend $129.95 for springs what's the use??? There's a reason the motto next to S. Tech says "Stylish Spec Dress Up Master". Car may look nice sitting still but it's still gonna ride like shit anywhere above 5mph.

Nippon
12-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I use a race spring and aftermarket shock setup. My spring rate and drop for my car is pretty much ideal for track/mountain racing. (Speedminded has seen it in action first hand). I lucked out and found a very good set for my "rare" car. H&R race springs with Tokico blue shocks. Although unadjustable, my bump, rebound, and travel are very balanced.

My car is very much handling oriented. 4wheel steering and a light chassis and impressive front track and wheel base, just help compliment the springs and shocks. There are other parts that are to be placed on in the near future. But as everyone else says, its all in what you want to spend.

I lucked out with a good balanced set.