PDA

View Full Version : i didn't know

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 06:31 PM
where to post so i figured the WL.:thinking:
my computer got this virus that any time i try to log into something that has any type of "Sign up, Login, Register, etc" it displays the server not found message. i already tried MCaffe, Stinger, and Spybot. i deleted all my cookies and temp files, and it still wont work ne1 know what i can do.

i cant email!!!!!!!!!!!:2up: :2up:

makes me sad:cry: :no: :cry: :no:

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
hmmmm...

Have you tried norton or symantec yet?

Is your computer doing anything else strange at all?

It prolly isnt a virus, a type of adware designed to piss you off and advertise things...

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 06:43 PM
ill try, i thought it was adware but theres nothing else coming up, no popups no
"Punch Bush and get a free PS3".

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 06:47 PM
ill try, i thought it was adware but theres nothing else coming up, no popups no
"Punch Bush and get a free PS3".

Which email service is in question?

Have you tried another email service?

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:02 PM
i know its something that activates with keywords, because i can use yahoo in spanish, but anything else aol, msn, yahoo, even login into ebay, or myspace, they all use "log in or Sign up" which activates the stupid virus

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
i know its something that activates with keywords, because i can use yahoo in spanish, but anything else aol, msn, yahoo, even login into ebay, or myspace, they all use "log in or Sign up" which activates the stupid virus

wow that is some werid shit...lol...

How computer literate are you?

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
not much

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:07 PM
taken a few classs in HS but mostly whored on IA

TeeJay
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
taken a few classs in HS but mostly whored on IA
you only have 50 something posts lol :thinking:

PhAtBoYMr2
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
If you go on the microsoft website theres a list of antivirus programs you can download that can probaly keep you computer clean....

i have the etrust antivirus and it works very well, have had like 8 viruses on the computer since ive had it and its gotten rid of all of em.

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:10 PM
you only have 50 something posts lol :thinking:

im what you call a lurker
plus reading doesn't get me caught but typing does:goodjob:

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 07:10 PM
aight go to start - run

type 'msconfig' into that and hit ok then go to services tab

there will be a lil check box at the bottom of your screen that says hide all windows or microsoft services click that. Then select the disable all button.

Then reboot and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt fix it go through that same process and then hit the enable all button to put it back the way it was before.

If it doesnt work come back and I will tell you another thing that might be wrong with it.

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
If you go on the microsoft website theres a list of antivirus programs you can download that can probaly keep you computer clean....

i have the etrust antivirus and it works very well, have had like 8 viruses on the computer since ive had it and its gotten rid of all of em.

ill try it

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:21 PM
aight go to start - run

type 'msconfig' into that and hit ok then go to services tab

there will be a lil check box at the bottom of your screen that says hide all windows or microsoft services click that. Then select the disable all button.

Then reboot and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt fix it go through that same process and then hit the enable all button to put it back the way it was before.

If it doesnt work come back and I will tell you another thing that might be wrong with it.

tried it, didn't work

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
tried it, didn't work

did you go back and turn everything back on?

aight now go into msconfig again and go to the boot tab, which should have check mark boxes just like the services tab. Turn all of those off, and reboot.

just a reminder if that does work just go back in and turn them back on.

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
aight here i go

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:40 PM
did you go back and turn everything back on?

aight now go into msconfig again and go to the boot tab, which should have check mark boxes just like the services tab. Turn all of those off, and reboot.

just a reminder if that does work just go back in and turn them back on.

didn't work, went straight into safe mode

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
didn't work, went straight into safe mode

safe mode? lol

Well turn the ones you had on before back on.

Ya anti-virus and shit is the only way to fix it if it is in fact a virus. Cas it has spawned a process or service to cause the problem that you are having.

If you cant get an anti-virus to fix it the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows...

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
aight thanx for trying, ill see wat i do

~The_Duke~
11-20-2006, 07:53 PM
aight thanx for trying, ill see wat i do

I try to help when I can.

Brett
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
where to post so i figured the WL.:thinking:
my computer got this virus that any time i try to log into something that has any type of "Sign up, Login, Register, etc" it displays the server not found message. i already tried MCaffe, Stinger, and Spybot. i deleted all my cookies and temp files, and it still wont work ne1 know what i can do.

i cant email!!!!!!!!!!!:2up: :2up:

makes me sad:cry: :no: :cry: :no:

If your with Bellsouth DSL mine is doing that tonight, IA is all I cann get to, They are working on the problem now

wantsanS14
11-20-2006, 08:06 PM
really