PDA

View Full Version : Accident at Drift fury question...

1439/2000
11-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Did the kid in the car have an rb20?

Brady
11-20-2006, 08:54 AM
i'm not entirely sure....i'll pm you in a minute.

Halfwit
11-20-2006, 08:56 AM
oh god...is this a ? or a stab at boat anchors?

R3RUN
11-20-2006, 08:56 AM
to soon???

1439/2000
11-20-2006, 08:57 AM
I was just wondering if anyone could describe the car. A 240 with an rb20 is gonna understeer. Um, but seriously.

1439/2000
I was just wondering if anyone could describe the car. A 240 with an rb20 is gonna understeer. Um, but seriously.

1439/2000

R3RUN
11-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Ok, thankfully its not a joke.

BTW: props on the tripple post.

Halfwit
11-20-2006, 09:00 AM
tripple post is hard to pull off, good job man, skillz

DrivenMind
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
It looked like a pretty stock car to me.

Stock 240s aren't exactly known for being ass happy.

1439/2000
11-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah I'm at the KSU library. So you know shit happens. Was anybody actually there are not??? I'm trying to get an idea of who this is. Everybody is talking about him trying to protect his identity or something, "The Driver" etc.

Whats his name? What does his car look like?

Halfwit
11-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah I'm at the KSU library. So you know shit happens. Was anybody actually there are not??? I'm trying to get an idea of who this is. Everybody is talking about him trying to protect his identity or something, "The Driver" etc.

george atchinson, his dd is a red subaru wagon, GET HIM.

1439/2000
11-20-2006, 09:08 AM

Oh I'm not mad at him or something I just wanted to know what he looked like. I've been sent a picture so I am now educated. Thanks to all that posted.

Halfwit
11-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh I'm not mad at him or something I just wanted to know what he looked like. I've been sent a picture so I am now educated. Thanks to all that posted.
yeha i know, jsut trying ot gain an idea, done mind me, that was another one of my lame attempts at a joke....never works anyway..

DrivenMind
11-20-2006, 09:10 AM

nvm read your last post.

Whoopee95
11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
sometimes "lame attempts at jokes" are here at the wrong time, im sorry class clowns not everything is a joke.

The Accident Saturday was a very serious issue, that could have impacts on drifting nationwide, do u think this wreck is going to help make insurance for these events easier to get?? no, you know what that means? higher entry fees

Drift Fury has done alot in trying to bring Affordable Drift Competitions to our area. And I would hate to see what they worked hard to create lost because of this.

An accident on a race course that involves a photographer, in my honest opinion, the driver would be the last person to be considered "at fault" According to the Policies much like the one of this event, all photographers are supposed to be 75 feet away from the cars at any given time, and i know our rules state that any photographer is supposed to have a spotter also, and turning your back to a car is a big no no.

This Accident affected alot of people, and will affect people in this sport for years to come.

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 11:56 AM
According to the Policies much like the one of this event, all photographers are supposed to be 75 feet away from the cars at any given time, and i know our rules state that any photographer is supposed to have a spotter also, and turning your back to a car is a big no no.

Who's policies? Where? Just curious.

Whoopee95
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Event Insurance Policys

And I was speaking of the policys of the Sports Car Club of America, and the National Auto Sports Association, in which most automotive events are insured thru

Whoopee95
11-20-2006, 12:13 PM
just a clarification, i am not saying its the photographers fault either, I was just simply stating the issues at hand based on insurance policys that i have delt with. I personally have not seen Drift Furys policy so i can not state on the particulates of that policy, and my opinion was based on information i have on similar policys

thinkfast®
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
http://static.flickr.com/26/67509543_5266088004.jpg

thinkfast®
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
+1 ON THAT TRIPLE POST HOMEY

Whoopee95
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
^ Perfect Example of Pointless post in a Serious thread

thinkfast®
11-20-2006, 02:04 PM
^^ PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A DICKHEADED MONGREL

B16a2 Civic
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Get em ricky lol

HachiDori
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Is there a link for what happened? I heard this last night but I didn't know if it was true or not.

Elbow
11-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah what happened??

B16a2 Civic
11-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Ehh if you don't know, then its in the past, don't worry bout it

PRiMAdonna
11-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Event Insurance Policys

And I was speaking of the policys of the Sports Car Club of America, and the National Auto Sports Association, in which most automotive events are insured thru
just a clarification, i am not saying its the photographers fault either, I was just simply stating the issues at hand based on insurance policys that i have delt with. I personally have not seen Drift Furys policy so i can not state on the particulates of that policy, and my opinion was based on information i have on similar policys

im sorry. it's POLICIES, man. policies.

Driverx
11-20-2006, 05:39 PM

Almost all auto event coverage polices have the expectation that the promoter will take all safety precautions into account. This goes for Drivers spectators and Media. IE why NASCAR, NHRA, SCCA, Champ Car do not let photographers on the tracks edge or on track. ”We all have seen what happens to the cameras on the side of the tracks at some NASCAR races”

In this case it could boil down to a possibility of negligence due to the lack of protection provided for the media on track. Wavers will only hold up if you have done your part to keep those signing the wavers safe and as much out of harms way to the best of your abilities. Not having a spotter or safety Barriers would and probably will become a major issue but I hope it all works out without anything legally happening.

The driver was doing his job and all in all not his fault.

I don’t know if the media was out of what was designated as the “safe” area but if was told to be where he was sitting or standing that leaves him in the right to so no blame should be given to them at all if this was the case.

So then it comes down to was the Track Setup and well planed out or not, or the safety equipment in place or not. That is something the insurance companies will decide in the long run. Sadly nobody likes to hear anything bad like this happening but on the other hand something like this should not be washed aside and let go if someone F’d up.

Fast Shadow
11-20-2006, 05:47 PM

I just laughed so hard I peed a little bit

An accident on a race course that involves a photographer, in my honest opinion, the driver would be the last person to be considered "at fault" According to the Policies much like the one of this event, all photographers are supposed to be 75 feet away from the cars at any given time, and i know our rules state that any photographer is supposed to have a spotter also, and turning your back to a car is a big no no.

According to who, what, where, when? I never saw anything of the sort. Where is this documented? Trying to lay blame on a man that's still lying in the hospital makes you a piece of a dogshit. So I hope for your sake that's not what you're doing.

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Almost all auto event coverage polices have the expectation that the promoter will take all safety precautions into account. This goes for Drivers spectators and Media. IE why NASCAR, NHRA, SCCA, Champ Car do not let photographers on the tracks edge or on track. ”We all have seen what happens to the cameras on the side of the tracks at some NASCAR races”

In this case it could boil down to a possibility of negligence due to the lack of protection provided for the media on track. Wavers will only hold up if you have done your part to keep those signing the wavers safe and as much out of harms way to the best of your abilities. Not having a spotter or safety Barriers would and probably will become a major issue but I hope it all works out without anything legally happening.

The driver was doing his job and all in all not his fault.

I don’t know if the media was out of what was designated as the “safe” area but if was told to be where he was sitting or standing that leaves him in the right to so no blame should be given to them at all if this was the case.

So then it comes down to was the Track Setup and well planed out or not, or the safety equipment in place or not. That is something the insurance companies will decide in the long run. Sadly nobody likes to hear anything bad like this happening but on the other hand something like this should not be washed aside and let go if someone F’d up.

Pointing fingers already are we? And who are you? This is your first post on IA and you are already trying to site blame? :rolleyes:

I have a large rant about this whole incident, but unlike you people I am more concerned with my friend Matt pulling through this right now then starting A pissing contest about it. Fucking pathetic.

PRiMAdonna
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I just laughed so hard I peed a little bit

http://pictureserver.funnyjunk.com/pics2/peepants.jpg

Driverx
11-20-2006, 06:05 PM
You must have not read the post. I stated only if someone F'd up they should not be allowed to let it slide nothing more.

I do not think it wise that people just accept it as a accident and nothing more because it isnt. A man is injured in the hospital a driver has to deal with the mental issues of what happend.

Something obviously was not in place to keep it from happening and that is all but it will be up to the insurance companies to decide that. Blame is a legal issue i care not to jump into because none of us are lawyers.

I understand this is a emotional thing but now is not the time to mis read peoples posts and jump on them.

PRiMAdonna
11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
I do not think it wise that people just accept it as a accident and nothing more because it isnt.
yeah, actually it is.

either it is accidental, or on purpose, and the ladder is obviously not the case. there is no gray area. it was an accident. an unfortunate one.

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
You must have not read the post. I stated only if someone F'd up they should not be allowed to let it slide nothing more.

I do not think it wise that people just accept it as a accident and nothing more because it isnt. A man is injured in the hospital a driver has to deal with the mental issues of what happend.

Something obviously was not in place to keep it from happening and that is all but it will be up to the insurance companies to decide that. Blame is a legal issue i care not to jump into because none of us are lawyers.

I understand this is a emotional thing but now is not the time to mis read peoples posts and jump on them.

Really? Because when you say that the "driver" was doing his job or whatever the fuck you said you automatically said that HE wasn't at fault. How can you automatically dismiss the driver? Do you even know how the car was setup? Do you know how much NORMAL driving experience HE has? And you still haven't answered the question of WHY your first post on here is talking about the accident. Who the hell are you? Were you there?

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, actually it is.

either it is accidental, or on purpose, and the ladder is obviously not the case. there is no gray area. it was an accident. an unfortunate one.

So if he had passed away, what it still be considered an accident to you? If it was your family member, would you still feel the same and write it off as an accident, or would you try and hold someone somewhere accountable?

Just seeing both sides of the fence, not pointing fingers, so dont pull that shit on me.

PRiMAdonna
11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
even if it were MY family member, no, i would NOT go pointing fingers. it was an accident!! and if he would have died, it would have STILL been an accident.

incase you have forgotten, here is the definition:

ac‧ci‧dent  /ˈæksɪdənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ak-si-duhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
even if it were MY family member, no, i would NOT go pointing fingers. it was an accident!! and if he would have died, it would have STILL been an accident.

incase you have forgotten, here is the definition:

ac‧ci‧dent  /ˈæksɪdənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ak-si-duhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap

You missed my point, but thats to be expected. Im staying out of this one.

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 06:46 PM
You missed my point, but thats to be expected. Im staying out of this one.

Yeah maybe you should.

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah maybe you should.

What the hell? Any sort of damn discussion that goes on here or anywhere about this is to only better safety and events as a whole. Not sure where you're getting me twisted, but maybe read into what I am saying. :goodjob:

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Problem is we've got some many perspectives and there are going to be conflicts.

One side- Will defend organizers and friends till the end
Another side- The outside automotive enthusiast sees it merely as an accident
Another side- Outsiders that arent quite enthusiasts think that someone should be held accountable

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Problem is we've got some many perspectives and there are going to be conflicts.

One side- Will defend organizers and friends till the end
Another side- The outside automotive enthusiast sees it merely as an accident
Another side- Outsiders that arent quite enthusiasts think that someone should be held accountable

No, the problem is that people can't even let things die down some and Matt recover some so people can think more logically about this before they start posting shit on IA and trying to place blame. That is the whole reason I wasn't saying shit about this whole thing until "Driverx" made an appearence. People on here make me sick.

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 07:01 PM
No, the problem is that people can't even let things die down some and Matt recover some so people can think more logically about this before they start posting shit on IA and trying to place blame. That is the whole reason I wasn't saying shit about this whole thing until "Driverx" made an appearence. People on here make me sick.

Understandable bro, and I didnt mean to offend you. But after a situation like this, people are going to ask questions, and wonder what we can do in the future to prevent this. Along the way things might be said that might insinuate some things, but in the end, its just text over the computer. People are allowed to voice their opinions, because if they weren't progress would never be made.

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Understandable bro, and I didnt mean to offend you. But after a situation like this, people are going to ask questions, and wonder what we can do in the future to prevent this. Along the way things might be said that might insinuate some things, but in the end, its just text over the computer. People are allowed to voice their opinions, because if they weren't progress would never be made.

I understand that, but ATLEAST LET THE MAN GET OUT OF ICU FIRST. FUCK.

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
I understand that, but ATLEAST LET THE MAN GET OUT OF ICU FIRST. FUCK.

We aren't arguing in front of him? Its just a discussion, if people arent ready to talk then dont log on. If the admin team doesnt want any discussions about it then they can start the deletion of these types of threads.

Nobody here has disrespected Matt or any of the Drift Fury organizers. (To my knowledge)

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 07:12 PM
We aren't arguing in front of him? Its just a discussion, if people arent ready to talk then dont log on. If the admin team doesnt want any discussions about it then they can start the deletion of these types of threads.

Nobody here has disrespected Matt or any of the Drift Fury organizers. (To my knowledge)

You obviously don't get it. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 07:13 PM
You obviously don't get it. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Ok. :goodjob: I still love you! :hot:

BTLFED
11-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Ok. :goodjob: I still love you! :hot:

Sure you do.

Lucient
11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
You cant plan for everything. What happened to Matt was very unfotunate but couldnt have been predicted. I work in the construction and each year I see several people get injured or killed. I have seen 2 people get killed this year and it just shows that you cant prevent everything. The blame game is useless. That accident could have very easily been much worse. Lets just be thankful the dude is ok and has a chance to recover

PRiMAdonna
11-20-2006, 09:11 PM
You cant plan for everything. What happened to Matt was very unfotunate but couldnt have been predicted. I work in the construction and each year I see several people get injured or killed. I have seen 2 people get killed this year and it just shows that you cant prevent everything. The blame game is useless. That accident could have very easily been much worse. Lets just be thankful the dude is ok and has a chance to recover

well put. +1.

StupidBikerBoy
11-20-2006, 09:16 PM

True, but a lot can be learned from it and used to help prevent this from happening again.

I haven't met Matt yet, but I hope for the best for him.

Stormhammer
11-21-2006, 12:29 AM
okay so just to clarify things

a 240 understeered and hit a photographer that was too close to the side line ( well, not to say too close, but, just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time ) during practice?

Brett
11-21-2006, 06:29 AM
This is getting no where. Locked