PDA

View Full Version : Whos fault is it?

ironchef
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
So, I was backing out of a parking space the other day, and corvette comes out of nowhere and taps my bumper. We get out inspect the damage, nothing major at all, definitely not worth calling the cops or insurance. The lady who hit me said it was my fault and that she'll be calling me when shes getting it fixed, so i can pay her. I wasn't sure whos fault it is, so i just kinda went along with it, dumb I know. Damage to either car can't be more than $50 worth max of $100, so I wasn't to worried about paying her. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew who would be at fault in that situation?

PRiMAdonna
11-19-2006, 08:09 PM
those kinds of fender benders are always iffy when it comes to who's fault it is. it really depends on how far away she was from you when you were backing out. if it was negligence on your part for not looking before you backed out, then obviously it's your fault. if she was far enough away that she could see you were about to back out or already backing out, then it's her fault.

aaronfelipe
11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
dont pay her. Or make her pay for yours after you pay her.

ironchef
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
those kinds of fender benders are always iffy when it comes to who's fault it is. it really depends on how far away she was from you when you were backing out. if it was negligence on your part for not looking before you backed out, then obviously it's your fault. if she was far enough away that she could see you were about to back out or already backing out, then it's her fault.Thats the thing, I was already pretty much half way out of the spot, and there was no other cars around me. But, theres no witnesses for either person, so any good advice on what to do.

Julio
11-19-2006, 08:15 PM
who cares at this point what she says.. Nothing major happened, the popo was not called.. no report was made.. .. Her word or what she says now doesnt mean shit.
Fuck her and if she has a daughter pinch her 2.

PRiMAdonna
11-19-2006, 08:15 PM
any good advice on what to do.
yeah, dont pay her ass.

there's nothing she can do to you. cops/insurance weren't called, so she'll fuck herself if she tries to take you to court/etc/etc because she will be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. dont worry about it.

MongolPup
11-19-2006, 08:16 PM
I think if your backing out, it's on you no matter how far out you are.

When you saw her coming, you should have shifted to R3 (third gear reverse!), spooled the turbo then hit the NAWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Then you would have avoided her.

Ignore that last part.

aaronfelipe
11-19-2006, 08:16 PM
just blame her. It's her fault. WE all saw it.

ironchef
11-19-2006, 08:17 PM
who cares at this point what she says.. Nothing major happened, the popo was not called.. no report was made.. .. Her word or what she says now doesnt mean shit.
Fuck her and if she has a daughter pinch her 2.LOL. Yea we only traded names/numbers, no insurance. So, I guess i'll wait till she calls, and then be like "who are you"?

PRiMAdonna
11-19-2006, 08:17 PM
^^^ LOLOLOL

i know i saw it! ;)
that lady had to be doing like, at least 65 in the parking lot too... stupid bitch...

aaronfelipe
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
see...you got 2 witnesses now...

ToyoChick05
11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
doesnt matter it was private property cops cant do shit even if it is your fault.

My brother got into an accident a hit some lady. It was definately his fault and fucked up her car. BUT no one got a ticket cause it was on private property.

His insurance didnt pay

Julio
11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
doesnt matter it was private property cops cant do shit even if it is your fault.

My brother got into an accident a hit some lady. It was definately his fault and fucked up her car. BUT no one got a ticket cause it was on private property.

His insurance didnt pay

tell us something we dont know. Yeah, cops cant do shit.. BUT.. they can write a report out of "Courtesy" , They dont have to, but some will. And thats all you need. But thats only if the Guilty party is being a bitch though ;)

How do I know.. It happened to me.

ironchef
11-19-2006, 08:35 PM
They can't write a report though after the fact right? Like if that hoe called the cops 10 minutes after she left the scene, there can't be a report, correct?

Edit - courtesy report..

Evil Goat
11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
agree w/ julio....and get pictures of that daughter

DrivenMind
11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Haha, well in that case I would compare the price of repair for her Corvette, to the cost of repair for your car. I highly doubt either of you are going to agree on who was at fault, so if it ends up costing you a ton of money, just fuck her.

GIXXERDK
11-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Your at fault

R3RUN
11-19-2006, 11:08 PM
When she calls tell her she can go fuck herself and if she can afford the corvette she can afford to repair the god damn fiberglass. Honestly I can't see a situation where you need to be going fast enough in a parking lot to not be able to stop before hitting someone.

EDIT: This is of course assuming it wasnt at a BP meet.

Kyle
11-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Fuck that shit. I love how she plays it immediately as it is your fault. No cops were called, don't pay her a cent. What the fuck is she going to do? When she realizes she is going to have to go to all the trouble it would take of getting the $100 from you she will probably just say fuck it. Plus she has a vette, she can deal with it.

RandomGuy
11-19-2006, 11:14 PM
EDIT: This is of course assuming it wasnt at a BP meet.

good edit, the most minor infraction that occurs there will at least require frame machine...

R3RUN
11-19-2006, 11:18 PM
^so true.

Leadfoot_mf
11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
fuckin vette hatters :2up: :no: :screwy: :( :tongue1:

R3RUN
11-20-2006, 08:58 AM
I like vettes, just think that if you can afford a vette you can afford to repaint your bumper.

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 09:15 AM
this sounds like the only time i've been involved in an accident, except both parties were backing out. i was obviously out of my spot more and she hit me. lady wouldn't admit guilt but did cough up $500 for my repairs so i mean, that kinda says she knows she was at fault (cops came out).

since nothing official happened i would tell her to go diaf if she called :goodjob:

Ruiner
11-20-2006, 09:19 AM
those kinds of fender benders are always iffy when it comes to who's fault it is. it really depends on how far away she was from you when you were backing out. if it was negligence on your part for not looking before you backed out, then obviously it's your fault. if she was far enough away that she could see you were about to back out or already backing out, then it's her fault.

Yeah, that's more or less the issue here...

Leadfoot_mf
11-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I like vettes, just think that if you can afford a vette you can afford to repaint your bumper.
LIRL is that a dig on me lol, i would rather spend money on going faster than lookin good. :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 09:28 AM
^^^yeah it'd cost too much for u to look good...OOOOOO BURN!!!! :lmao:

babygurl
11-20-2006, 09:44 AM
lets put it this way...Same thing happened to me, in August of this year...I was backing out of a parking spot, and a guy in a big dodge dakota came flying by hit me, and my insurance ruled it my fault. Damage to both vehicles vauled up to about $12,000.00 and it was ruled my fault....so tell her you want two esitmates before you pay anything..In writing...

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
^^^why? no police report, he doesn't have to pay shit.

con
11-20-2006, 10:20 AM
anytime a fender bender is involved don't always assume that the repairs will be minor. An old guy rear ended a lady causing her to barely bump my lude while sitting at a redlight. My bumper barely had a nick on it, but it had to be professionally repaired because I had a fresh paint job. New bumper and custom paint (bumper only) $1,250 from Honda.

ironchef
11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Well no call today so far, w00t.

The Golden Child
11-20-2006, 01:34 PM
fuck her change your number and thats it ..

Nitro
11-20-2006, 01:38 PM
I think if your backing out, it's on you no matter how far out you are.

When you saw her coming, you should have shifted to R3 (third gear reverse!), spooled the turbo then hit the NAWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Then you would have avoided her.

Ignore that last part.

:lmfao:

GIXXERDK
11-20-2006, 01:43 PM
fuck her change your number and thats it ..
Dude, she did HIM a favor by not calling the cops :rolleyes:

Just remember it could of been alot fuckin worse, hmm lets say, pain and suffering? Yes, even over a little bump

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-20-2006, 02:01 PM
if you want to be technical, if you are in a private parking lot, it's no one's fault, but if you are on a main road backing out of a parking spot (like in the square or something) it's your fault...

The Golden Child
11-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Dude, she did HIM a favor by not calling the cops :rolleyes:

Just remember it could of been alot fuckin worse, hmm lets say, pain and suffering? Yes, even over a little bump

that is true but shit any accident best believe im calling the cops ..

Hektik
11-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Fuck that dont pay shit she didnt involve the cops. her BAD. she should be smarter then that. now she has no proof . I would asnwer the phone in spanish " ALOOO, que , como , no nintendo inglysh" click ....

BufordŽ
11-21-2006, 06:40 AM
I would have thought it woulda been her fault. She was obviously going too fast to pay attention to Igor backing out. If she was paying attention, she would have seen him, and stopped, promptly.

Oh well, I'm usually wrong anyway.