PDA

View Full Version : reinstating the draft?

On_Her_Face
11-19-2006, 07:44 PM
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/congressman-rangel-will-seek-to/20061119133009990016?ncid=NWS00010000000001

the draft is stupid, dont get my wrong i have respect for everybody over in iraq but they should not draft people to go fight a war they do not believe in

some fucking free country if they bring it back eh?

collins
11-19-2006, 07:45 PM
yup. billy, you're fucked! lol

Evil Goat
11-19-2006, 07:54 PM
the draft will never be reinstated....think logically, unlike this guy

§treet_§peed
11-19-2006, 07:58 PM
if it is...then i am fucked...

Julio
11-19-2006, 08:01 PM
It will never happen.

On_Her_Face
11-19-2006, 08:02 PM
i know it probably wont but u never fucking know in this world, who saw 9/11 coming?

§treet_§peed
11-19-2006, 08:03 PM
who saw the ps3 going for a million bucks on ebay?

SL65AMG
11-19-2006, 08:06 PM
i highly doubt that it will come back. if it does... ill volunteer myself.... then i would get to do what i want instead of what they want me to do

Leadfoot_mf
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/congressman-rangel-will-seek-to/20061119133009990016?ncid=NWS00010000000001

the draft is stupid, dont get my wrong i have respect for everybody over in iraq but they should not draft people to go fight a war they do not believe in

some fucking free country if they bring it back eh?

sounds like u are a pussy

Kyle
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't think they will reinstate it. If they did people would flip out especially since the no one believes in this war anymore.

koukis14
11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
I know how to fish, and I can fix any car/boat....HELLO BELIZE

§treet_§peed
11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
no one belives in this war anymore is cause they played out what it was suppossed to be about..and they are just dragging it out to get the crued oil...imo...yeah that's the way i see it. just one big scam for them to make a profit

On_Her_Face
11-19-2006, 08:16 PM
sounds like u are a pussy

more like i dont believe in this bullshit ass war, if i believe in it i would go with ease :goodjob:

Fast Shadow
11-19-2006, 08:27 PM
kind of funny how the democrats were saying the republicans were going to bring back the draft if they won the 2004 election.. now that the democrats have won the 2006 election, a prominent democrat says he wants to bring back the draft?? I hate politicians.

§treet_§peed
11-19-2006, 08:30 PM
OFF WITH THEIR FUCKING HEAD I SAY!!!!!!!!

GTScoob
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Its never going to happen unless we get into a third world war, which is very unlikely. They're not going to draft people just for Iraq.

OvErMiNd
11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
It'll happen once China is ready to attack us.

I'm not a liberal or anything, but it's kind of obvious what's going down....

GTScoob
11-19-2006, 10:58 PM
It'll happen once China is ready to attack us.

I'm not a liberal or anything, but it's kind of obvious what's going down....

Why? Our capitalist economy imports so much of their country's production, they wont have any money to fund a war when investors pull out due to fear of an international crisis.

Kyle
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Billythekid who made your sig? I sweat I have seen that picture on my friends computer.

MusicIsLife
11-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Let's put this in a list..

- Rangel is retarded.
- The last draft ended at 1973? correct me if I'm wrong.
- 7 out of 10 Americans oppose the draft.
- The Republic Congress/ House and Senate wouldn't allow it.
- Our country is building a good image as a "Voluntary Military"
- Yes I watch a lot of CNN.
- I too would be fucked but hell I'll go for the Army before I would be drafted, so I would be promised the field of job I would want.

bdydrpdmazda
11-20-2006, 01:37 AM
The draft will never ever happen again, when people enlist in the military they have a contactual agreement of eight total years. I signed up for three years of active duty but for the next five years after I get out I can be called back in at any time, it goes for every person in the military with the exception of the ones that are already at or over their eight year mark. Those people arent getting called back in so why would they call in untrained babies that dont want to fight. Im not calling everyone a baby who hasnt been in the military but the draft would only be used if the country needed people to fight and for the folks that will run and try to dodge that bullet I do think they are a bunch of fucking pussies. Freedom isnt free and I have lost a few friends that were trying to defend it, coming to war is just a part of life and society has made it ok for people to wine and fucking cry about doing their part. Just my .02

candy2082002
11-20-2006, 06:57 AM
I highly doubt that cause people have been saying they are going to start the draft again since I was in high school and I am pretty sure that if they havent now they most likely wont. It wouldnt freak me out as much tho cause pretty much no one I know would be drafted so yeah.

Tank
11-20-2006, 07:38 AM
The draft will never ever happen again, when people enlist in the military they have a contactual agreement of eight total years. I signed up for three years of active duty but for the next five years after I get out I can be called back in at any time, it goes for every person in the military with the exception of the ones that are already at or over their eight year mark. Those people arent getting called back in so why would they call in untrained babies that dont want to fight. Im not calling everyone a baby who hasnt been in the military but the draft would only be used if the country needed people to fight and for the folks that will run and try to dodge that bullet I do think they are a bunch of fucking pussies. Freedom isnt free and I have lost a few friends that were trying to defend it, coming to war is just a part of life and society has made it ok for people to wine and fucking cry about doing their part. Just my .02
smartest thing said yet and yes im in the army on a 6 yr contract as a computer tech before they call in untrained personel they would call in all soldiers under teh 8 year clause.

R3RUN
11-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Shit I wouldnt go. Dont get me wrong if this was World War II I would be there in a second, hell I would probably volunteer. But in all honesty it won't come back and even if it did I wouldn't have to go
A) Im in college.
B) Medical problems that would prevent me from living very long in combat.

Tank
11-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Shit I wouldnt go. Dont get me wrong if this was World War II I would be there in a second, hell I would probably volunteer. But in all honesty it won't come back and even if it did I wouldn't have to go
A) Im in college.
B) Medical problems that would prevent me from living very long in combat.

the second reason might be the only thing that saves you they dont care if your in school trust me on that

pworld14
11-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I really do hate politics, they say one thing and do another

R3RUN
11-20-2006, 08:44 AM
True, I guess depending on what you are in for they might want you more.

candy2082002
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Me personally I don't want people drafted that don't want to go in the armed forces, sooooo the whole draft thing doesnt look like a good idea considering how many people are against this war and all.

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 10:17 AM
as long as we're fighting for the right reasons, there will always be enough volunteers to keep this country safe and free :2cents:

imbosile
11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Billythekid who made your sig? I sweat I have seen that picture on my friends computer.

You've seen it before because I'm the one who made it :goodjob:

GTScoob
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
as long as we're fighting for the right reasons, there will always be enough volunteers to keep this country safe and free :2cents:

True, if the Islamic fundamentalists nations allied together and made an axis with North Korea and declared war on the rest of the world I'd line up to fight but if we're just invading a sovereign nation because we dont like their dictator, count me out.

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 11:52 AM
^^^that's exactly what i mean :goodjob:

bdydrpdmazda
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
You guys dont have a clue why were at war with Iraq, its cool though, the media makes it out to be a total war that is happening for no reason but I have a hard time listening to people saying that close friends of mine have died this past year for no reason.

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
^^^i appreciate that u are there serving ur country but don't make regular civilians out to be like idiots who are being led blindly by the media. i don't have to be there to know that we GOT INTO THE WAR IN IRAQ FOR THE WRONG REASONS. didn't say your friends and others have died for NO REASON, just not for the right reasons.

GTScoob
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
You guys dont have a clue why were at war with Iraq, its cool though, the media makes it out to be a total war that is happening for no reason but I have a hard time listening to people saying that close friends of mine have died this past year for no reason.

I understand completely why we're over there and I think its bullshit. I'll support the troops because you guys are just doing your jobs. The media makes it out that there is no reason and the current administration lied about the reasons for entry.

I'll agree, Saddam was a horrible dictator and the world will be a better place without him but I still dont think that we should have gone in there. There are worse warlords in Africa (with legitimate ties to African terrorist groups) committing much worse human rights abuses but we've got nothing to gain by attacking them.

BlkCD5
11-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Lets say the draft is reinstated, which i highly doubt. Since many oppose it, do you think the Army is going to want people who don't want to fight in the war?? Most of them would flee the country just like Bill Clinton did. Even though i disapprove(sp?) of the war, I'd still take my scrawny ass to fight if i have to.

bdydrpdmazda
11-20-2006, 12:32 PM
^^^i appreciate that u are there serving ur country but don't make regular civilians out to be like idiots who are being led blindly by the media. i don't have to be there to know that we GOT INTO THE WAR IN IRAQ FOR THE WRONG REASONS. didn't say your friends and others have died for NO REASON, just not for the right reasons.

You took that all wrong. The media is all about making this entire thing out to be a pointless war though. Im about to be a "regular civilian" again and I cant wait. This war is not for all the wrong reasons, this war is about bringing freedom to a country who hasnt had freedom in a very long time, we are training there army and police to handle things by themselves and we are helping them to establish their own government, its not all about us getting cheaper oil. the things we are doing for this country is also giving us a great reputation with hundreds of other countries that could come in handy someday. This war serves more than one purpose and is far from being a war fought for all the wrong reasons.

Sammich
11-20-2006, 12:33 PM
'im 21 they gona take u b4 they take me'

GTScoob
11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
the things we are doing for this country is also giving us a great reputation with hundreds of other countries that could come in handy someday. This war serves more than one purpose and is far from being a war fought for all the wrong reasons.

The rest of the world hates us now. The US supports a double standard such that everybody else should follow the UN and the International Criminal Court except for us. We're a joke in the international world now.

ShooterMcGavin
11-20-2006, 12:37 PM
You took that all wrong. The media is all about making this entire thing out to be a pointless war though. Im about to be a "regular civilian" again and I cant wait. This war is not for all the wrong reasons, this war is about bringing freedom to a country who hasnt had freedom in a very long time, we are training there army and police to handle things by themselves and we are helping them to establish their own government, its not all about us getting cheaper oil. the things we are doing for this country is also giving us a great reputation with hundreds of other countries that could come in handy someday. This war serves more than one purpose and is far from being a war fought for all the wrong reasons.
please, the US needs to get off its high horse and realize 1) it's not responsible for the fate of every unfree nation out there and 2) if that were really our cause, then like gtscoob said, there are plenty of other nations to help out but we aren't there are we? also, this war is giving us a great reputation? are you nuts? have you forgotten how much criticism and LACK OF SUPPORT we experienced starting this war?

On_Her_Face
11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
You've seen it before because I'm the one who made it :goodjob:

lol i just found that pic in a thread from the oct. varsity meet, mine is the white one that screams stock! lol

also i found out this whole draft idea is just a political move to try to end the war.. i believe, if i read everything right :screwy: