PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ?

Julio
06-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Ok, so a couple of days ago I bought a Nissan SE-R Spec V for my daily grind.
175Hp/180f/t.. (crank power)
Driving the car feels pretty damn good and not bad power for what it is.

I've been reading on a few nissan boards the last couple of days on this ride and it seems like they respond really well to mods wich is a +.

On the other hand, Ive been working on a 92 Civic hatch w/ LS swap, wich once done it will definitly be a fun car to drive.. but outdated.

So I've been thinking of finishing the the Civic and once I'm done , sell it and do some mods to the SE-R... The SE-R already has more power then the LS.. and is also a fun car to drive.
My 98 hatch was fun to drive hard with the LS motor. But the body kit took alot of fun away from it.

I think the SE-R would be fun to mod... (lightly)
I don't want CRAZY power, like what some of these cats are doing these days... Maybe 170 to 180 to the ground sounds pretty nice wich right now seems easier with the SE-R.

What would you do?

Z33_kid
06-05-2005, 05:49 PM
yea i would do same thing julio lot of power u can put on the nissan how much would u sell ur hatch for ?? im reall interested in a 92 hatch if u do sell ...

JITB
06-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Put a Supercharger on the Spec V

Brett
06-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I see it this way, that hatch is paid for, it brought you to the scene, its what you started IA with, etc.... Keep it, It belongs with you. Thats why I am keeping the civic to, To many memories and means to much to me now.

Dragonfly5338
06-05-2005, 06:49 PM
don't stop till you break 300+ whp. :goodjob:

Chuckster
06-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Looks liek you want a car to have fun in. Sell the hatch and get another for fun and lightly mod the SER or keep the hatch and dont give a shit abotu the kit and beat the living hell out of her(the hatch) and still lightly mod the SER

bigb996
06-05-2005, 08:44 PM
well ive done this first hand lol.....i sold my ls to buy the spec v and i lightly modded with aem cai, greddy evo full cat, cf hood, tein springs, and hotshot header. I gained 6whp and 4 ft/tq on the intake plus it sounded real mount almost like a medium vtec sound at 5k rpms from the butterfly valves. The exhaust you dont gain much just a good sound and look and you get some better air flow, and the header i gained a wopping 12hp and 11ft/tq. I was pushing around 165whp and 170something ft/tq to the wheels. You can tell a huge difference and have a lot of fun with it. You can run a mid 14 with these mods and motor mount inserts easy. The spec does very well to mods and if you do the nismo cams you will gain what you are wanting at around 200 to the floor. Theres an article in one of the import tuners about 3 or 4 months ago about the gains and dyno proven results. Just keep modding it you will be happy. DD the hatch.

bigb996
06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Put a Supercharger on the Spec V
they dont have one out yet. Only PTI i think offers a turbo kit and tuned that gets you near 285whp. Im sure the S/C will be out soon this car is still fairly new to the scene.

The Ren
06-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Julio.. the spec V is hot!!!

Repost Squintz
06-05-2005, 09:27 PM
hmmm i say sell the hatch finish paying off the specv with that money and mod it a lil like all minor bolt ons like exhaust, intake, header, cams, ecu. etc.youll have a pretty quick daily driver; but then again i also agree with brett. You pretty much are identified with that hatch. But if you think you are getting bored with it then go ahead and sell it. Would be a sad sight to but to each their own. Just my :2cents:

5thgcelica
06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
im with brett. hang on to it. the hatch it tight.

JITB
06-05-2005, 11:31 PM
they dont have one out yet. Only PTI i think offers a turbo kit and tuned that gets you near 285whp. Im sure the S/C will be out soon this car is still fairly new to the scene.

I know Stillen will and /or should make a SC for it.

wannab20hatch
06-05-2005, 11:37 PM
or keep the hatch and dont give a shit abotu the kit and beat the living hell out of her(the hatch) and still lightly mod the SER
thats what i would do

Big Rick
06-06-2005, 12:09 AM
whatever u do make it different, u did it back then, u can do it again.

HyPer50
06-06-2005, 12:13 AM
I'd say keep whichever car you like more... I'm sure either car could get 180whp pretty easily so just choose it on the other charecteristics. Whichever one you like the look better, ride better, etc. If you like a car, putting money into it to get to up to snuff shouldn't hold ya back.. God knows when I get more money than I know what to do with, I plan on buying me another Geo Tracker (my first car) and putting a Chevy 454 in it (there are actually swap guides all over the net for this). So putting a few more bucks in the Civic if you prefer it, shouldn't be a deciding factor = P

Cliff
06-06-2005, 12:15 AM
i thought julio already sold the red hatch....and if i am right about that then half of the responses are useless...and julio it's true by the time the 92 is done it will be outdated but screw outdated man...you had almost the same car all along and never could enjoy what you had due to all the mod's you had body kit/conversion wise....but the 92 you will be able to drive hard and truly enjoy the car so i say enjoy it....sell if you'd like but keep it long enough to get your kicks...and as far as the spec v goes do somthing simple to get a couple extra ponies out of it but you saw what happened last time you bought a popular car and started 'lightly" modding it....just my .02

Pebbles
06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
i say sell the damn thing...and then take me shopping with the money..lol

AtifSajid
06-06-2005, 10:18 AM
^6hahahaaa

FrnkPwrs
06-06-2005, 10:28 AM
LOL, yea, half the responses are forgetting that the "infamous" hatch was the red 96, not the '92. I would personally mod the spec V and say screw the 'vic. Nothing like having your daily driver have a little dip to it. Just my pennies

Spyder
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
The hatch you all know has been gone as best i know. with that being said do whatever man , civics can go fast cheap... they just have to be loud and have no AC or interior or PS, there is something to be said about having a car that is reliable , starts every day, has AC some comfortable interior.. a stereo in it.. you know those kind of things. :)

civic95
06-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm sure either car could get 180whp pretty easily so just choose it on the other charecteristics.

Sure but a civic will never see 170 FT/LBs of trq, without boost. Torque is what makes the spec v fun to drive.

trythefly
06-06-2005, 01:42 PM
i would get a APC sticker & a Nike symbol for the back window Julio......
bwaa hahha j.k man

Julio
06-06-2005, 02:32 PM
good answers thanks peeps...

Good point Lamar.

bigb996
06-06-2005, 03:10 PM
well julio the first thing iw ould do is buy my evo exhaust and aem intake because they are sitting and collecting dust! Not many people around here have spec vs for me to sale to. :D

Kevykev
06-06-2005, 03:12 PM
i say sell the damn thing...and then take me shopping with the money..lol

holy shit, you forgot to mention the wildcard Julio.

:lmfao:

Julio
06-06-2005, 04:35 PM
well julio the first thing iw ould do is buy my evo exhaust and aem intake because they are sitting and collecting dust! Not many people around here have spec vs for me to sale to. :D

I keep reading that the exhaust will not do much but give me a deep nice sound.. Let me know about the intake though If the price is right may buy it =]

Vteckidd
06-06-2005, 04:53 PM
arent they a long stroke, short rev motor, like a 2.5L (the SER?)
this means shit tons of TQ, but a small power band. unlike the hondas, where you get high revs, but lower tq cause of the short stroke and discplacement.

I PERSONALLY, wouldnt do much to the SE-R. you prob have a good amount money and time invested in the EG, and frankly, you and i know YOULL NEVER get what you got in it. Id hang on to it, and maybe if you dont want the kit on it, offer to swap it out for stock pieces, if thats too much trouble just leave the kit on, fuck it.

Theres a lot of mods for the SE-R, but i have never been really impressed with the power they make. Although , charles from Mainstream Performance did a Turbo Spec V that was fun as hell to drive, i think it made like 250 whp and 275 TQ lol.

bottom line, its a NEW CAR, that is under warranty, which means drop it and put some nice wheels on it. and leave it alone......at least for now.

I would put money in the hatch, you need VTEC and B16 pistons ;) or a 100 shot

Julio
06-06-2005, 05:17 PM
arent they a long stroke, short rev motor, like a 2.5L (the SER?)
this means shit tons of TQ, but a small power band. unlike the hondas, where you get high revs, but lower tq cause of the short stroke and discplacement.

I PERSONALLY, wouldnt do much to the SE-R. you prob have a good amount money and time invested in the EG, and frankly, you and i know YOULL NEVER get what you got in it. Id hang on to it, and maybe if you dont want the kit on it, offer to swap it out for stock pieces, if thats too much trouble just leave the kit on, fuck it.

Theres a lot of mods for the SE-R, but i have never been really impressed with the power they make. Although , charles from Mainstream Performance did a Turbo Spec V that was fun as hell to drive, i think it made like 250 whp and 275 TQ lol.

bottom line, its a NEW CAR, that is under warranty, which means drop it and put some nice wheels on it. and leave it alone......at least for now.

I would put money in the hatch, you need VTEC and B16 pistons ;) or a 100 shot

Thats what Ive been thinking on and on.. the EG is stock, no kit no nothing, wich is great! The 98 Hatch has a kit on it.. wich blows...

Right now I have 0 plans for the SE-R just thinking you know. Im sure the boosted EG would be sick as fuc*...
I guess only time will tell at this point.

HiPSI
06-06-2005, 05:28 PM
boost the EGG

CMO
06-06-2005, 05:29 PM
If you haven't sold the red hatch sell it and put some more money on paying off the se-r. If you have sold it keep the 92 and mod it that way if anything happens you still have the se-r. There is nothing better than having a modded car that you don't have to worry about breaking. What I mean is.... even if you break something you still have the se-r to ride around in.

carrascopa
06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
if it was me... i wouldnt waste my money on an SER?? you gotta remember its a sentra.. I dont know maybe its just me but i cant see putting any money into one of those.. it makes a great daily beater though

jrobbins30041
06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
julio was that you on 400 south at like 545? cause i saw a blue se r. I was the guy in the red neon beside you

Julio
06-06-2005, 07:14 PM
5:45 am I was at work, 5:45 pm I was at home

jrobbins30041
06-06-2005, 07:46 PM
hmmm aight, but he had a nice spec v!