PDA

View Full Version : Visit Update For Matt Campbell! IMPORTANT

mach1girl
11-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Update on Matt.

He came out of surgery last night and his Electrolytes had dropped and he had irratic breathing, with some concern of his breathing on his own. He is in ICU and doing ok. But his visits have been limited to every 2 hours for 15 minutes. The surgery went well on his legs and the pins lined up perfectly. He will not have a cast on either leg and will walk again after extensive therapy. He remembers nothing! He doesn't remember the accident, nor anything there after, including the people that were with him.

His family has asked to let everyone know how much they appreciate the prayers and support. His mom told him this morning, "Matthew you just have no idea how much you are loved and the support of friends you have."

Due to the limited visitation they have also asked NOT to visit until he gets out of ICU. At this point they want to keep it to family and a very small group of friends.

Matt's mother will be meeting with the driver and his mother today. Matt's Mom knows this was an accident wants the driver and his family to have some peace. Hamby has kept in communication with the driver's mom and kept her updated as to Matt's progress. The driver and his family are very concerned and upset about the situation and want to be there for Matt and his family.

Thank you and we will keep updates as we get them

M1G & WIKDLX

DRFT86
11-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Well thats a good things she isnt mad at the driver and she wants peace. Im happy for matt his surgery went good, hope they can fix the breathing. Thanx for the update

Bajjani
11-19-2006, 10:31 AM
ty for the update mach!

Wurm
11-19-2006, 10:32 AM
thanks for the update

Brett
11-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Glad the surgery was such a sucess and we are all thinking about him.

4dmin
11-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Update on Matt.

Due to the limited visitation they have also asked NOT to visit until he gets out of ICU. At this point they want to keep it to family and a very small group of friends.

YOU KNOW I'M GLAD EVERYONE IS EAGER TO SUPPORT THE GUY AND WANT TO PLAY HERO AND BEST FRIEND... BUT AS I SAID YESTERDAY IT IS BETTER TO GIVE HIM AND FAMILY SOME TIME FOR RECOVERY...

BEYOND THAT IF ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE CALLING THE NURSES AND HOSPITAL EVERY 20MINS YOUR NOT ONLY TAKING AWAY TIME/CARE FROM PATIENTS BUT ITS JUST MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE. GIVE THEM A FEW DAYS TO RECOVER AND TO GET OUT OF SURGERY/TEST.

ShooterMcGavin
11-19-2006, 01:00 PM
BEYOND THAT IF ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE CALLING THE NURSES AND HOSPITAL EVERY 20MINS YOUR NOT ONLY TAKING AWAY TIME/CARE FROM PATIENTS BUT ITS JUST MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE. GIVE THEM A FEW DAYS TO RECOVER AND TO GET OUT OF SURGERY/TEST.
:werd:

imbosile
11-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Well thats good to hear the surgery went good, hopefully he'll have a fast recovery.

How old was the driver?

mach1girl
11-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Just talked with his mom. Matt is doing ok. He has is having some issues with his kidneys and he is currently in getting another cat scan. There is concern that he has more than a crack on his vertebrae. His mom said he is getting a little combative with the Dr's :) but that is only good news it means he is VERY coherant. His mom is passing messages to him from us so know that he knows everyone is out there and is staying strong:).

M1G

SniperJoe
11-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Has he started hitting on the female nurses yet? That's a true sign of recovery.

The Ren
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I am glad to hear he is in good spirits thorought all of this..

Brett
11-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the update :)

Nitro
11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Just talked with his mom. Matt is doing ok. He has is having some issues with his kidneys and he is currently in getting another cat scan. There is concern that he has more than a crack on his vertebrae. His mom said he is getting a little combative with the Dr's :) but that is only good news it means he is VERY coherant. His mom is passing messages to him from us so know that he knows everyone is out there and is staying strong:).

M1G

preciate the updates :yes:

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
:werd:
x2

mach1girl
11-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Hamby, Jason and I spent time with the Campbells and were able to see Matt for the 8pm visit in ICU. It is definitely hard to see a friend in pain but in a positive light he is doing great and is pulling through. At the time of our visit the results from the 2nd CTscan had not come back and they said it would not be available until tomorrow sometime. Matt couldn't talk too much his throat is still a little dry and sore from last nights surgery, most our communication was through squeezing of hands....but the few things he said he made very clear:). Hamby asked him how he was feeling and Matt said "like shit!" He also made it very clear he was a little irritable that the results from the scan had not returned because he is really ancy to get the neck brace off. We made sure to let him know that IA is pulling for him and to keep up the good work!

Matt's parents have asked us to pass on a few messages. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. It is working! They asked to bare with them on visitation they want to get him to a room and out of ICU before having visitors. But hang in there he will need lots of friends to keep him company. The family of the driver and the Campbell's have been in communication. Not that is has had any further discussion but Matt's Mother asked us to make sure to let everyone know that they do not place blame anywhere and that it was an accident. She also asked that out of respect for their family as well as the family of the driver please do not discuss who was at fault.

We will keep you posted as we get info and when visitation is open.

M1G

Brett
11-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the new update!! Great to know he is getting better by the day

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-20-2006, 06:54 AM
good to hear all is going well.. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
11-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Thank you for the updates.

AtifSajid
11-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Glad he is doing better....thanks for the updates.

mach1girl
11-20-2006, 09:48 AM
spoke with Matt's mom this morning he is better by the day. He is still in ICU and we are not sure if he will be released today or tomorrow. His neck has been cleared and the neck brace is off, so he can have a pillow under his head:). But he is still laying flat until they clear the middle of his back and we should hear something today. Throat is still very sore and he is still doing most communications through squeezing of the hands. Matt is very eager to get the nose tubes removed but the Dr's said they have to stay a little bit longer. Matt had a pretty rough night last night i.e painful, but seems to be doing better today and getting some rest. They have a machine that is wrapped around his legs and massages his legs to keep up circulation, which has been a bit painful for him. He is wiggling his toes and they are pink so we have good circulation! :)

M1G

Brett
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Very good news!! Very glad to see today is looking even better

The Yousef
11-20-2006, 09:56 AM
thank God he's doing better!!!!

Jaimecbr900
11-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Great news.

babygurl
11-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Awesome glad he is doing so much better..

Ruiner
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately, I am one of the few that can say that I truly know what he feels like right now. :( The confusion, the pain, ICU, everything. :(

I hope that he comes out of all of this okay...

The Ren
11-20-2006, 10:22 AM
You and me both.. I realized last night I think thats why this has hit me so hard.. I remember all of it..

mach1girl
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Spoke with Matt's Mom this evening. Matt's MRI results came back he does have some issues with the middle of his spine. She will be calling me sometime later this evening to give the full diagnosis. Matt will be going back in for back surgery either tonight or in the morning. He also still has his IV's and is not fully breathing on his own. He is being given 98% oxygen although they tried to back it down they had to not to long after bring it back up to 98%. The nose tubes will not be removed and Matt will not be coming out of ICU for several days. the good news is Matt is talking more often and has been asking questions. He is being told continually that his friends are out here are pushing for him. His parents have said tell everyone to hang in there on visitation until they can get him into a room. Hopefully only a few more days.

Jason or myself will keep the updates coming.

M1G

Brett
11-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the latest update

Zilvia
11-20-2006, 09:13 PM
My prayers are with him....God speed.