PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Tint Law

Hulud
06-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Anyone recieved a ticket for illegal tint yet?

brads94accord
06-08-2005, 12:47 AM
not since they reinstated it. i got one back when the old law was in effect.

sweetcarz02
06-08-2005, 11:37 AM
they have been handing out warnings like crazy it seems like.

We've had a ton of people coming and getting there tint pulled off, haha.

Spyder
06-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I have heard alot of hype but i want to see the actual law as it is written.

Hulud
06-08-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/search/hb20.htm

Hulud
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
check it it has how its written and it seems that its only your winshield and front two windows

sweetcarz02
06-08-2005, 11:57 AM
the law didn't change, they just added it to apply to out of state vechiles basically, Georgia was just catching up with the times.

Spyder
06-08-2005, 12:03 PM
check it it has how its written and it seems that its only your winshield and front two windows

read it again that i was the old law, the new one includes parts for each window... the problem is it doesnt list what the possible consequences are for window tint other then "(g) Any person who violates subsection (b) or (e) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.∀" which doesnt anything to me.

Hulud
06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
what i got from the text was that the law does not pertain to the back winshield, and the back windows of a passenger car

Spyder
06-08-2005, 12:40 PM
again it includes all window unless:

(c) The provisions of subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply to:
(1) Adjustable sun visors which are mounted forward of the side windows and are not attached to the glass;
(2) Signs, stickers, or other matter which is displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver or signs, stickers, or other matter which is displayed in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver;
(3) Direction, destination, or termination signs upon a passenger common carrier motor vehicle if the signs do not interfere with the driveŕs clear view of approaching traffic;
(4) Any transparent item which is not red or amber in color which is placed on the uppermost six inches of the windshield;
(5) Any federal, state, or local sticker or certificate which is required by law to be placed on any windshield or window;
(6) The rear windshield or the side or door windows, except those windows to the right and left of the driver of:
(A) A multipurpose passenger vehicle;
(B) A school bus, any other bus used for public transportation, and any bus or van owned or leased by any religious or any nonprofit organization duly incorporated under the laws of this state;
(C) Any limousine owned or leased by a public or private entity; or
(D) Any other vehicle, the windows or windshields of which have been tinted or darkened before factory delivery or permitted by federal law or regulation; or
(7) Any law enforcement vehicle.

read part 6. if you dont fit into part a or b or c or d in that sub section it doesnt include you.

Spyder
06-08-2005, 12:57 PM
the law didn't change, they just added it to apply to out of state vechiles basically, Georgia was just catching up with the times.

And it now includes windows in the car other then the front windshield and the driver and passenger front windows.

Z33_kid
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
dang that really sucks

Spyder
06-08-2005, 01:29 PM
ok i have been googleing this shit for about an hour and what it basically says on every site is a maximum fine for 1000 or upto a year in jail. which is basically the same as it was before. it also says that each place can enforce it as they see fit. oh well. ill take my chances.

Spyder
06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
intersting, i just found this as i was clicking around:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=207033#post207033

(he is refering to the cops here)

I don't agree with them being exempt from any law. Our gov't is supposed to be for the people, not cater to some of the people. Just because someone pins on a badge doesn't mean they are more responsible than anyone else. I graduated with three guys who became cops. One was a good feller in school and still is. The other two wanted to be bullies but couldn't, so they got a badge and gun. One of them was made to resign because he was harassing people, but immediately got a job with another local agency. He has since been fired from there. He really deserved a gun and dark windows.

Several years ago, a cop was killed in a nearby city and the man who shot him was released because it was in self-defense. Had this man not had a gun he would be dead!

I'm not saying all cops are like these, most are great men/women, but most citizens are also not criminals and we shouldn't be treated like we are. None of our freedom should be taken away! The whole reason for the law is because cops can't see in cars right? They can't see through house windows with curtains and wooden doors either, are mini-blinds and curtains going to be made illegal unless you're a cop? Glass front doors made mandatory? Sound rediculous? I hope so. That is how I see any law that is knit picky. Seat belt law included, and I have always worn mine even before it was a law.

Who said anything about catching them in the act? I said "catch them". Use the resources at hand, psychic or whatever, and concentrate on them! It don't take a psychic to know that if you are too busy checking tint and seatbelts to actively investigate REAL crime, REAL CRIMINALS will get away. My house was broken into when I was younger, the cops were called, no one showed. What good would a psychic be if they don't even respond to a call? They could use the time and effort wasted on seat belts and tint to better train the officers. Then again, I'm not a cop. I don't blame you for agreeing with the special treatment.

makes alot of sense and i wish cops would get off of us for making out own decisons as to what we want to do to our cars. sorry for dragging this on.. but it pisses me off.

Hulud
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
hey spyder since you seem to have a hold of what they are trying to say in the document can you just clarify this for me?

does it have to be 32% (+-3) on all the windows except for the front winshield which has to be no more than a couple inch strip?

Spyder
06-08-2005, 02:32 PM
now it has to be 32% (+/-3%) on anything except what is listed in Code Section 40-8-73.1C (which is what i have listed above basically buses limo's and trucks) unless it is factory tint. also you have have a strip up to 6 inches on the front windshield of any darkness.

Bishop
06-08-2005, 02:45 PM
(6) The rear windshield or the side or door windows, except those windows to the right and left of the driver of:

so it includes all windows unless that^^ am i right? So back and the rear 2 side windows can be tinted as much as you want? This is soo confusing

Spyder
06-08-2005, 02:55 PM

so it includes all windows unless that^^ am i right? So back and the rear 2 side windows can be tinted as much as you want? This is soo confusing

if you read the whole post you would see the definition of a "multipurpose vehicle" im not being a dick but it is all laid out and i dont mind discussing it.

here is it:

(5) 'Multipurpose passenger vehicle' means a motor vehicle designed to carry ten persons or less which is constructed on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.

Attention soccer moms this doesnt mean you lol.

Bishop
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Aha. Thank you.

Lindsey
06-08-2005, 03:25 PM
not for soccer moms!!
Well now I'm pissed.

Hulud
06-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Attention soccer moms this doesnt mean you lol.
ahaha

Hulud
06-08-2005, 03:59 PM
does anyone have any idea how much itll cost to take off tint in a two door car (round about price)?

Spyder
06-08-2005, 04:04 PM
does anyone have any idea how much itll cost to take off tint in a two door car (round about price)?

you can do it yourself , razorblade and a heat gun..

Hulud
06-08-2005, 04:16 PM
touche Spyder Man

Rabunchic
06-08-2005, 07:22 PM
My shit is coming off on Saturday. i got a ticket for my tint(which is 5%) in Braselton! My father in law is good friends with the police chief so he took care of that one for me. :)

Sthrnba711
06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
You guys do realize that this law is unconstitutional and if someone fights it it will be thrown out like the last one. You can't give someone from another state passing through a ticket for something that is illegal in your state like window tint. The Georgia Legislature is so dumb and there is no need for a tint law.

İhris
06-09-2005, 12:09 PM
if u dont draw attention to yourself your fine.... a cop isnt gonna pull you over for your windows unless he suspects something.... ive been pulled over twice for speeding and never been even brought up..... my neighbor is a Lt. for gwinnett, he said most wont even bother pulling you over.

Now if ur the type with your hat cocked sideways and your system pounding to three-six-mafia...... id take that tint off

Bishop
06-09-2005, 01:48 PM
my neighbor is a Lt. for gwinnett
LOL, and you were going to have this huge party at your house chris? Everybody would be in jail now. Haa\ha j/k

İhris
06-09-2005, 02:15 PM
LOL, and you were going to have this huge party at your house chris? Everybody would be in jail now. Haa\ha j/k
lol he doesnt care...... although he prob woulda came over in his uniform and tried to scare the shit outa everyone

Spyder
06-09-2005, 02:20 PM
if u dont draw attention to yourself your fine.... a cop isnt gonna pull you over for your windows unless he suspects something....

or unless he is a communist bastard like most of the cops in the duluth area or doraville where they get off on making people feel small.

İhris
06-09-2005, 03:43 PM
lol alot of them are

bigb996
06-09-2005, 08:33 PM
usually you can be safe with 20%

twkg
06-10-2005, 12:21 AM
ive got 15% n i just ride w/ my fronts rolled down....nothing bad so far (fingers crossed)

R3RUN
06-26-2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe what should be considered by the legislature is a permit of some sort that is available to people without a conviction of a violent crime or a conviction of a crime against police officers. This would give honest citizens a chance to have whatever they would like on their windows and criminals would have to deal with the fact that they screwed up earlier. Any way just an idea.

BTW- My next door neighbor is a state representative for my district (Norcross). If anybody wants to send emails to me and have them delivered to him I'd be happy to do so.

Just my input,
BJ

Spyder
06-26-2005, 12:47 AM
unfortunatly the thing is that will never happen because anyone that is going to shoot a cop will do so reguardless of if they have window tint or not..

R3RUN
06-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I was just trying to use the same logic thats used towards buying guns. Only this is alot less dangerous in my opinion.

Also I wonder what specifications you have to meet to be considered a "privately owned" limosine.

Spyder
06-26-2005, 01:02 AM
I was just trying to use the same logic thats used towards buying guns. Only this is alot less dangerous in my opinion.

Also I wonder what specifications you have to meet to be considered a "privately owned" limosine.

it was a valid point however logic only applies when it is convienient for law makers to use it. i was also looking at the limosine portion of that and wonderwhat kind of loophole i could make out of it.

smiley723
06-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey guys, I got a ticket for my tint on Memorial Day Weekend. My mistake was that I had my windows rolled up. I would have been fine, but I went through a road block and they gave me a ticket. The fine is only $54.00 in Gwinnett county right now.

Hulud
06-26-2005, 11:24 AM
THE FIRST TO PAY A FINE!!!!

Sthrnba711
06-26-2005, 12:56 PM
That sucks. Most cops are going to forget about it just like the old days. Once the law gets off their mind they wont think about it. Just trying to prove a point since it just came back.

twkg
06-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey guys, I got a ticket for my tint on Memorial Day Weekend. My mistake was that I had my windows rolled up. I would have been fine, but I went through a road block and they gave me a ticket. The fine is only $54.00 in Gwinnett county right now.

how dark are your windows?

MachNU
06-26-2005, 08:31 PM
does anyoen think it might be smart to buy a 20% tint still.....becuase i need/want to get it for my car!!!!!

think it would be a smart or risky thing to do?

WhiteMike
06-26-2005, 08:41 PM
go for it man i have 20 right now its fine just roll down ur windows if u get pulled over

mp5o
06-26-2005, 10:37 PM
I have 20% and it's a LIL bit dark... I've been fine so far though.

GirlieZ
06-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I got pulled over today for going to fast and he got me for my tint which is 20 percent. I knew he was looking for it too, i was in a pack of cars at the same speed, wasnt even that much over, 10 mph. I didnt even think that law was up and running yet<<<GRRR>>>

WARNING WATCH OUT FOR COBB COUNTY PO PO's!!! they are evil hehe.

Hulud
06-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Cobb= Count On Being Busted

GirlieZ
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
LOL I love that acroynm! I think they started profiling 20 year old white girls....They actually thought I stole my car! BITE ME CCPB...girls can be clean tooo :)

GirlieZ
07-02-2005, 01:06 PM
my tinti ticket in marietta is 95 dollas!