PDA

View Full Version : "Fund" for Matt Campbell, APP, Every dollar helps!

The Ren
11-18-2006, 09:11 PM
After talking with a few people I have decided to start a "fund" for Matt and his recovery.. We are coming up on the holiday season and what better way to show Matt we are thinking about him then to help him out with all the medical bills, rehab, etc.. that will follow this.. Even $5 will help out...

For those who dont know.. in an unfourtunate accident at the Drift Fury finals, Matt was hit by one of the drift cars while he was out there taking pictures. He was then taken over to Grady Memorial.

Please send all donations to [email protected]. In the Subject line please put: Matt Campbell

Edit: Just as an update as of this evening we have already gotten donations of Over $250!!!!

Nemesis
11-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Done. I sent money.

I hope you recover soon and 250% Matt, may God be at your side through this tough time.

The Ren
11-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Thank you.. i know he and his family will be thankful for this.. I am glad that I am able to help out.. It will make me feel a bit better to walk in to see him tommorow and tell him about this..

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
i will contribute $20

The Ren
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I gave $50...

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Every bit helps, if you dont have paypal, a card or a letter to his room im sure will cheer him up .

I say we get his room number an send him a big IA GET WELL SOON stripper-gram or card an balloons :)

The Ren
11-18-2006, 09:26 PM
As soon as we know his room #.. We will post it up here.. I am bringing my own card with me tommorow when I go.. Looks like he will be having alot of visitors tommorow..

Wurm
11-18-2006, 10:13 PM
money sent

VegetaRules
11-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Money sent as well. Best wishes for him....Andre'

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 11:01 PM
up

unkn0wndj
11-18-2006, 11:07 PM
His room number is 6B and his personal number will be 404-616-9094. The phones will be on at 7 AM.

speedminded
11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
His room number is 6B and his personal number will be 404-616-9094. The phones will be on at 7 AM.Please keep the early calls and visits to a minimum...he's in surgery until 3am with his parents attempting to sleep in chairs at the hospital. I'm sure he'll be out anyways and his parents are going to be exhausted. :2cents:

On a side note, who has matt's camera?! He was borrowing someone elses at the time of the incident....a Todd or Tim???? I don't know who it was but Matt's camera is not in his camera bag in his car....the lens cap for the Nikon he was using was in his pocket at the hospital. PM me or contact Tracy to return it.

unkn0wndj
11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Please keep the early calls and visits to a minimum...he's in surgery until 3am with his parents attempting to sleep in chairs at the hospital. I'm sure he'll be out anyways and his parents are going to be exhausted. :2cents:

On a side note, who has matt's camera?! He was borrowing someone elses at the time of the incident....a Todd or Tim???? I don't know who it was but Matt's camera is not in his camera bag in his car....the lens cap for the Nikon he was using was in his pocket at the hospital. PM me or contact Tracy to return it.

Yeahh im sorry i was just wanting to share some info.

Brady
11-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Please keep the early calls and visits to a minimum...he's in surgery until 3am with his parents attempting to sleep in chairs at the hospital. I'm sure he'll be out anyways and his parents are going to be exhausted. :2cents:

Jason, i asked matt when i saw him with the nikon where his canon was. He said it was in the car trailor over there. Whoevers d200 it was should have his camera with them. Sorry, that's all i know though.

The Ren
11-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Tom from International allstars (quickbrick) has it.. Matt was shooting with Toms camera at the time.. He and Janice have talked and everything is fine.. No worries..

YokotaS13
11-19-2006, 04:49 AM
I sent over 10 bucks from JDM land. figured id do my part, he is one of hte few that helped me get into photography.

nsany(atl)
11-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Done. I sent money.

Its a shame the irresponsibility of others will cause so much pain.

I hope you recover soon and 250% Matt, may God be at your side through this tough time.

Hope you aren't slinging dirt here b/c it wasn't anyone's irresponsibility. It was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I don't think we should go on a witchhunt for the driver or promoter.

BTW, were you the Red STI Wagon doing 60+mph up and down Capital ave? Now whoever that was is irresponsible

speedminded
11-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Tom from International allstars (quickbrick) has it.. Matt was shooting with Toms camera at the time.. He and Janice have talked and everything is fine.. No worries..ok, good to know...i talked to matt (the other one) & janice at 9:30pm last night when i was still with Matt's parents at the hospital....they still didn't know where it was at the time and insisted on not letting his mom know or she would have been worried about it. That's the last thing we wanted her to be thinking about! thanks

The Ren
11-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Not a problem :D

deffro
11-19-2006, 08:43 AM
I hope he has a quick recovery and I am more than willing to help out a fellow IA'er in need, but for those who may be out of the loop like myself, could somebody post up a quick link to what happened?

The Ren
11-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Edited the first post..

hondamex7217
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
man i hope hes doing ok.. i seen all that shit go down from the point of him getting hit till the cops and emc getting there (damn they took for ever to get there)... i seen like 3 girls crying then i know shit can really go down.. STAY STRONG BUDDY

Brett
11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Guys lets keep this on topic please, Take it to PM's, Thanks.

Bajjani
11-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Take this shit to PMs and get the fuck out of this thread

lowjack
11-19-2006, 10:38 AM
On behalf of the entire Team ECI crew, we give best wishes for Matt and all others who lived this tragic accident. Get well soon!

Scott Parker
President - Team ECI

Vteckidd
11-19-2006, 11:06 AM
THanks Scott!

The Ren
11-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Up.. please check the first post for updates on donations!

Nitro
11-19-2006, 02:16 PM
hope you pull through Matt. my thoughts and prayers are with ya man!!! :yes:

Brett
11-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Up.. please check the first post for updates on donations!

Karen you cant bump a sticky. its already staying at the top

Wurm
11-19-2006, 02:18 PM
lol she probally keeps hitting new posts and seeing it drop

The Ren
11-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Karen you cant bump a sticky. its already staying at the top

Hahaha... yeah I have no idea why I did that.. I should know that..

StupidBikerBoy
11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Hoping for a complete recovery. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Matt yet, but I look forward to it whens he's better.

Donation sent shortly.

iloveboost
11-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Did the event not have insurance?? He shouldn't have to be paying for medical bills. I'd imagine the event has some sort of coverage considering all the people standing in front of the car's way picking up cones, cleaning, spectating, and taking pictures. That's a HUGE liability considering all the crazy things that could happen.

I hope all goes well for Matt, I really do.

Nemesis
11-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Did the event not have insurance?? He shouldn't have to be paying for medical bills. I'd imagine the event has some sort of coverage considering all the people standing in front of the car's way picking up cones, cleaning, spectating, and taking pictures. That's a HUGE liability considering all the crazy things that could happen.

I hope all goes well for Matt, I really do.

Drift Fury and its organizers are protected because they make everyone sign wavers.

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I will send a card to him, unfortunately I don't have any way of sending funds. I wish him the best.

SniperJoe
11-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Drift Fury and its organizers are protected because they make everyone sign wavers.

Want to make a bet that they'll hold up in court? If a spectator were to get hurt or something, those waivers may end up being as good as toilet paper. Waivers can very easily be thrown out in court.

The Ren
11-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Thank you to everyone who has given even $7.. its a very cool thing..

TeeJay
11-24-2006, 01:27 AM
definitely

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Soooo, your saying if they get hurt (like in this case) DF wont pay the medical bill?

Vteckidd
11-24-2006, 11:51 AM
an event this size, im almost positive the people holding the event MUST carry insurance. Many times its to protect the property they are on, anyone that might sue for some stupid reason, etc.

Im sure the people putting on Drift Fury have insurance. What that insurance COVERS, is between them an Matt. I dont think its right for us to sit here an place blame, or contemplate who should pay who an who was covered.

I trust it will all work out in the end.

morelian09
11-28-2006, 01:53 AM
man i didn't even know anything about this, i wasn't present at the event but i will def, contribute i don't excatly know how or who to give the money to but i will def, try, MODERATORS can anyone pm how to contribute send me a pm please, my prayers are with him and i hope he makes a speedy recovery,

Vteckidd
11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Saw mat yesterday, hes in good spirits, and he walked!

Thanks to everyone that donated, if you dont have paypal, you can send a check or money order to
MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE
5014 Frank Aiken Rd BldgB
Powder Springs. GA 30127

The Ren
11-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Mike thanks for all your help!

morelian09
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
will do mike i'll send some money asap

Vteckidd
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE THAT HAS DONATED, GREAT CAUSE FOR A GREAT PERSON!

ProjectWidow
12-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Finally got my account reactivated and sent money! Hope Matt is doing better!

Offtheroad
12-10-2006, 02:01 AM

I was riding in Mike's miata right before that, was walking up the hill when it happened, i picked up the broken camera and smashed lens and gave it to the other photographer.

Offtheroad
12-10-2006, 02:02 AM
what is the paypal account so that i can contribute