PDA

View Full Version : code 13 on a b18b swap

snkyrex
11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
i put a b18b swap in my 91 crx hf. im throwing a code 13. baro sensor. this is the first time ive ever got this code from a swap that ive done. does anybody know wtf that sensor looks like or where it might be located. o yeah im running a pr4 ecu.

scttydb411
11-19-2006, 12:33 AM
baro is located on the ecu board. usually gets thrown when running the afc hack (afc and larger inj) when the large negative corrections cause the ecu to see a map reading way off from the atmospheric reading the barometric pressure sensor see's. it'll allow differences, but when you're using a -50 correction the voltage the map sends out is cut in half wigging out the ecu.

usually baro code doesn't do anything regarding limp mode. is the pr4 ecu stock or chipped? if it's chipped and doesn't have a baro on board (most jdm and edm ecu don't have them) and just needs to be disabled.

snkyrex
11-19-2006, 10:21 AM
baro is located on the ecu board. usually gets thrown when running the afc hack (afc and larger inj) when the large negative corrections cause the ecu to see a map reading way off from the atmospheric reading the barometric pressure sensor see's. it'll allow differences, but when you're using a -50 correction the voltage the map sends out is cut in half wigging out the ecu.

usually baro code doesn't do anything regarding limp mode. is the pr4 ecu stock or chipped? if it's chipped and doesn't have a baro on board (most jdm and edm ecu don't have them) and just needs to be disabled.

non chipped ecu. so what needs to be fixed. thanks for the info tho.

scttydb411
11-19-2006, 02:30 PM
if the baro sensor is offboard on the obd0 ecu then it'll need to be fixed. on obd1 the baro is onboard the ecu and usually means replacement if it's non-chipped or chipping/tuning the ecu by disabling it.

snkyrex
11-19-2006, 07:42 PM
if the baro sensor is offboard on the obd0 ecu then it'll need to be fixed. on obd1 the baro is onboard the ecu and usually means replacement if it's non-chipped or chipping/tuning the ecu by disabling it.

ok maybe a little more info. its a obd1 motor wired with my hf harness. there is a black sensor on the top right of the intake manifold (http://www.honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=1814461#). my harness did not have a plug that i could plug into it. i left my factory map and the other sensors on the firewall plugged up. today i went ahead and extended the map wires so they would reach the one on the throttle body. is one of the other sensors on the firewall like the one one the maniflod? also i cant get it in time. i have to advance the dizzy all the way just to get it close to the correct timing mark. if i put it in the middle(on the dizzy) it is almost at tdc. took the valve cover off to check the timing and it seemed to be correct. could my ecu or the code 13 be effecting that?

snkyrex
12-13-2006, 09:46 PM
finally had a chance to work on it again. put my hf ecu back in, no code 13 but ran like shit of course. so a friend had a couple of ecu's and i swapped one out. and the ecu was the problem. no more codes and the car actually runs better now.:D thanks for the info on trying a different ecu:goodjob: