PDA

View Full Version : MATT UPDATES IN HERE!!!!

quickdodge®
11-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Broke leg, in ER, in X-Ray, nasty "dent" on head, bit tongue very bad. Should be out of X-ray in about 15 minutes. Updates to keep following...

Later, QD.

LS2ner
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the update QD. So no other major injuries than that? Vertebraes and everything still intact?

The Golden Child
11-18-2006, 04:36 PM
thats worse then what i have ..

watery eye - stuffy nose - itchy throat - burning nose - cant breathe ..

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
damn QD keep us updated

§treet_§peed
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
damn..atleast it didn't kill him..but still....

AtlE30
11-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Ya thanks for the update.

I got there to shoot just after it happened. As soon as I saw the ambulance I knew it was a photographer, because they're generally the only people who aren't able to pay total attention to whats going on cause we spend so much time looking through the view finder.

Anyway, I've been trying all day to find out how he's doing with little luck, so again, thanks for the update.
-Estis Fatuus

Brett
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Mike keep us updated please.

quickdodge®
11-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Yessir. Later, QD.

~The_Duke~
11-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the update :goodjob:

Sounds like he got pretty lucky with all considering...

The Golden Child
11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
excuse me ..

AtlE30
11-18-2006, 05:03 PM
excuse me ..

I think what the Duke meant to say was; considering he was hit by a car, we should be thankfull he's alive, and pray for his recovery.
-Estis Fatuus

~The_Duke~
11-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I think what the Duke meant to say was; considering he was hit by a car, we should be thankfull he's alive, and pray for his recovery.
-Estis Fatuus

Correct...

quickdodge®
11-18-2006, 05:26 PM
UPDATE!

Matt is still in X-ray. They have ran a CAT scan and are fixing to run a plate scan on him. He is still talking and pretty much aware of his surroundings. I am keeping in touch via a friend and a nurse at Grady. Should have more within a half hour. Later, QD.

ATK_Designs
11-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Subscribed for status.

QD, when you get the update, can you keep them in your first post so that everyone can see it right away? Thanks a lot. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 05:34 PM
stickied!

get well MATT!

Brett
11-18-2006, 05:35 PM
As long as he is talking and aware of his surroundings that is VERY good. When they took him from the track he was also talking and aware, so that was a good sign right off.

The Golden Child
11-18-2006, 05:38 PM
-Estis Fatuus

i said excuse me cause i sneezed den i ran to the bathroom and threw up ..

being sick sucks ..

~The_Duke~
11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
i said excuse me cause i sneezed den i ran to the bathroom and threw up ..

being sick sucks ..

Well I hope you feel better also.

Brett is correct, being aware and talking and what not is a very good sign when something like this happens.

The Ren
11-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the updates QD.. I had just called up there as well and they said he was in catscan..

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 06:03 PM
nice to see such a tightly knit community..i bet that means alot to matt

~The_Duke~
11-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Just as a person that has been in the hostipal before. Bring the man some real food if he wants some, cas the food at the hostipal sucks ass.

RandomGuy
11-18-2006, 06:35 PM
he'll pull thru with super strong bones at the end ;)

get well

Mr_Mischif
11-18-2006, 06:39 PM
God I saw what happened, and I hope he pulls through

Leadfoot_mf
11-18-2006, 06:50 PM
i met matt at the last drift event super cool guy damn sad this happened i hope he will be okay. matt get well soon.

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 07:07 PM
we should all pool in like $5 and send some strippers to his room....let him feel the IA love minus the herpes...

all joking around aside, get well soon man

The Ren
11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
I am starting a "fund" for him and his family.. even $5 would help out.. I think they would really appreciate any help during the holiday season..

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Ren, LMK when this happens...set it up with paypal and im sure we can get some donations

The Ren
11-18-2006, 07:16 PM
^ I plan on it.. I posted up in the mod section... matt is a dear dear friend of mine..and I wanna do anything I can to help him and his family out..

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 07:27 PM
YEAH, I MEAN $5 ISNT MUCH TO DONATE...SOMEONE HAS TO MISS OUT ON A DOUBLE WHOPPER KING SIZE COMBO FOR A DAY...

imbosile
11-18-2006, 07:33 PM
I was down at the autocross on the lower deck, and when we realized how silent the upper deck got, we knew something had happened. It sucks that this was it, I hope he gets better soon.

Tank
11-18-2006, 07:37 PM
wait matt got her damn my prayers are with him

carbongs
11-18-2006, 07:46 PM
my prayers are with him too. i met him at a few events, super cool guy! i wish him a speedy recovery! definitely keep us posted on the updates

quickdodge®
11-18-2006, 07:49 PM
UPDATE!

None at the moment. He is still in Cat scans as of a half hour ago. SO no news is still good news. We are keeping in touch every 15 minutes to 1/2 hour. Later, QD.

green91
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Damn, get well soon dude. Having been hit by a car myself its not a fun experience.

~The_Duke~
11-18-2006, 08:04 PM
I havent meet the dude in person, but he is a good guy from what I can tell from conversing on here, I would be more than happy to donate $5 or $10 bucks and some real food to him and his family...

mach1girl
11-18-2006, 08:16 PM
both legs are broken, 1 broken rib and a broken finger, he is going in surgery now..............THANKFULLY there is no skull or brain trauma, they are stapling up his head and cleaning up his face, please keep him and his family in your thoughts.

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 08:18 PM
is he expected to have a full recovery? like walk normal again, etc? or too soon to know that?

4dmin
11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
is he expected to have a full recovery? like walk normal again, etc? or too soon to know that?

both legs are broken and they had to use pins; i can't imagine him not being able to recover; just may take some time :goodjob:

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 08:25 PM
GOOD NEWS TO HEAR, hope for a speedy recovery, anyone that sees him give him my best wishes, im sure me an Kodi will go visit him on Monday

The Ren
11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I will be heading there tommorow.. Im very glad to hear there is no head trauma.. I will be spending alot of time at grady in the coming days..

ahmonrah
11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
tasuki should talk to him, she had similar injuries from her wreck still walks with a slight limp too. but my prayers go out to him and his fam. i've conversed with his a few times since he's been a member. cool cat.

B18c-rex
11-18-2006, 08:34 PM
i know grady has an awesome trauma ward so i am sure he is in good hands.

Brett
11-18-2006, 08:59 PM
^^ Yeah thats one thing we all said when this happened was luckilly Grady was right up the street, they are a level 5 trama center so he had the best care.

I am so glad to hear as bad as it looked its not as bad as we thought. Granted he is banged up, But no head/brain trama is GREAT!!! Broken bones will heal, So that is awesome news!!!

2.3 Evo 8
11-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Glad he is alive. He is going to be in a lot of pain after surgery. The good thing is broken bones can heal.

Good luck on a speedy recovery.

mach1girl
11-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Just an update. We just talk to Matt's (AP) Mom and he is doing good. He will be in surgery for his legs until about 3am. He does have insurance and we think everything should be covered, we will keep you posted.

M1G

coolZero
11-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Good to hear that he will pull through that was intense to say the least. Will keep him in my prayers.

batdude8
11-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I was the first person to get to matt, i started running towards him before he hit the ground cause i knew he was gonna need help. as soon as i got to him i saw lots of blood, i ripped my shirt off as fast as i could to stop the bleeding that seemed to be coming from everywhere. it seemed as though he was unconscious at first cause he wasnt responding to anything, but a few minutes into it he started to respond to tracys questions by squeasing his hands, which was a very good sign. as he fell in and out of counciousness he fought to move his head, it was extremly difficult to hold his head still, i was afraid that he was gonna have some major back/neck/head issues with the movement that i wasnt able to control. when the ambulance finally came it seemed like he started to become more conscious and was now responding by voice to some questions. after he had left in the ambulance it really started to hit me what really happened. matt, your in my prayers buddy, i know youll pull through!

Vteckidd
11-18-2006, 09:58 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=91636

Flip
11-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Wow good to hear the positive news... Pull through Matt...

i don't know whats up with today but i just got the news that one of my friends from highschool died last night in a car accident. :(

Fast Shadow
11-18-2006, 10:29 PM
I was the first person to get to matt, i started running towards him before he hit the ground cause i knew he was gonna need help. as soon as i got to him i saw lots of blood, i ripped my shirt off as fast as i could to stop the bleeding that seemed to be coming from everywhere. it seemed as though he was unconscious at first cause he wasnt responding to anything, but a few minutes into it he started to respond to tracys questions by squeasing his hands, which was a very good sign. as he fell in and out of counciousness he fought to move his head, it was extremly difficult to hold his head still, i was afraid that he was gonna have some major back/neck/head issues with the movement that i wasnt able to control.

Man, you should be thanked by all for remembering these things under pressure. You seriously could have prevented Matt's injuries from being worse. :cheers: :goodjob:

The Ren
11-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Im so glad to hear he is doing ok.. I hope the fund we have set up for him will help him out with him going to have to be out of work for awhile.. I know how long I was out with my pelvis and such...

speedminded
11-18-2006, 10:36 PM
updated with a new thread, sorry for the double post... http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=91640

batdude8
11-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Man, you should be thanked by all for remembering these things under pressure. You seriously could have prevented Matt's injuries from being worse. :cheers: :goodjob:

I just did what anyone would have done. i know i'd want some1 to help me in my time of need. so i did what i could, just wish i coulda done more....

Jaimecbr900
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
As I posted in the other post, he's going to be in area 6B.

I'll post the room number later.

Leadfoot_mf
11-18-2006, 10:44 PM
^^^dan dont take it too hard u did the best you could. Shit happens we pray matt will have a full recovery but dont be too hard on yourself.

Leadfoot_mf
11-18-2006, 10:49 PM
does anybody know how the driver of the car that hit him is doing? i hope he is okay as well.

Jaimecbr900
11-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Just got his room info:

He is going to be in room #45 in 6B.

His direct phone number is going to be 404-616-9094.

Phones get turned off automatically after 10 p.m. and come back on at 7 a.m.

Tank
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
can someoen pm me what happened was it a car accident or what cause i have no clue what happened i just know matt from him riding with me on a mountina run and talkin with him on IA a couple times thanks and me and my wife prayers are with him.

Drew

Jaimecbr900
11-18-2006, 11:16 PM
I wanted to only give updates to everyone, since this about Matt and not about a soap box.

But I'm going to say something here:

This is not about who's at fault and who isn't. Matt was where he was supposed to be. He was only a few feet from a light pole, a light pole that were it not for a few feet could have possibly minimized his injury. So could staying in bed with some fine woman and not even come out at all.

We can all sit here and speculate about shoulda coulda woulda, but the reality of the matter is that it happened. It happened irrespective of precautions, waivers, and watchfull eyes. I can tell you from experience that our vision is greatly impaired when looking through a tiny viewfinder. We have to be quick on our feet and try to expect the unexpected. Matt had his back turned to the car that got him. I saw the skid marks. I saw Matt's blood running down the asphalt. I saw the look in his eyes. I saw it. So did a few other people. It's hard to forget. It's also hard to forget the agony one young man was feeling just a few feet away from our friend Matt. He didn't do it on purpose. He, I'm sure, tried his hardest NOT to hit Matt. We can't condemn him, nor point fingers. It was an ACCIDENT. Horrible accident, but an accident.

Poor Paul was damn near in tears when he had to make that phone call to Matt's parents. I've never seen him like that. I'm sure that will stay with him for a while.

I had someone run up to me and tell me that I was "lucky" I had just gotten off the track because "my buddy just got hit by a car".....that's how I found out about Matt. I had a couple of cars come REALLY close to me. Enough to make me go take a break and wait for the pros before I was going to go back out there. I don't blame them at all. I blame myself for putting myself in the middle of the action. It is my risk that I assumed. It could of just as easily been me or Brady on that back board. We both stood right where Matt was only minutes before.

Bottomline is that this ACCIDENT is not about finger pointing, and it should be about rallying around a friend. All the blame and speculating in the world is not going to change the fact of what happened. It's also not going to help Matt recover and heal from his wounds. Let's keep focus on what really is important here: Matt and his recovery. We'll worry about what needs to get done NEXT TIME later, when Matt is out of the woods and feeling better.

:2cents:

Leadfoot_mf
11-18-2006, 11:21 PM
^^^well said jaime. like i said in post #56 is the kid that was driving the car okay? is anybody with him? i know he probably needs help and prayers as well.

FCK_Photo
11-19-2006, 12:14 AM
im still in shock after seeing, this
as i have been saying, the 6 or so of us photogaphers had been commenting most of the day of how pole number 6 was differant, it had car coming in and towards your vs on pole 5 going away and outwards from us.
As far as people saying there were too many photographers...
there were six of us at most, and for most of us this is our job...
plus we all signed a wavior to be out there, its a tragedy what happened
but there really isnt finger to be pointed , its a combination of events
and BEING a photographer on track and 15 ft away when it happened i can say ot shook me up, i looked up and looked him in the face as it happened....
about his camera, i saw the guy with the blonde longer hair who was hanging out at the crew with it, so im sure the camera got back to its owner, and luckily i think only the lens was damaged
im sure all the infeild photographers hope a speedy recovery to Matt

boosted1jz
11-19-2006, 12:24 AM
damn man!!! sorry to hear bout this!!! i hope for a speedy recovery!!!!!

chris

The Ren
11-19-2006, 03:27 AM
im still in shock after seeing, this
as i have been saying, the 6 or so of us photogaphers had been commenting most of the day of how pole number 6 was differant, it had car coming in and towards your vs on pole 5 going away and outwards from us.
As far as people saying there were too many photographers...
there were six of us at most, and for most of us this is our job...
plus we all signed a wavior to be out there, its a tragedy what happened
but there really isnt finger to be pointed , its a combination of events
and BEING a photographer on track and 15 ft away when it happened i can say ot shook me up, i looked up and looked him in the face as it happened....
about his camera, i saw the guy with the blonde longer hair who was hanging out at the crew with it, so im sure the camera got back to its owner, and luckily i think only the lens was damaged

Actually the camera Matt was using at the time belonged to Tom (the blonde dude).. but he also has Matts camera.. and it wasnt just the lense.. the whole camera is gone.. but that is besides the point.. There is no really one person to blame.. but it definatly shows us what changes need to be made in the future..

QuickBrick
11-19-2006, 06:15 AM
I wanted to only give updates to everyone, since this about Matt and not about a soap box.

But I'm going to say something here:

This is not about who's at fault and who isn't. Matt was where he was supposed to be. He was only a few feet from a light pole, a light pole that were it not for a few feet could have possibly minimized his injury. So could staying in bed with some fine woman and not even come out at all.

We can all sit here and speculate about shoulda coulda woulda, but the reality of the matter is that it happened. It happened irrespective of precautions, waivers, and watchfull eyes. I can tell you from experience that our vision is greatly impaired when looking through a tiny viewfinder. We have to be quick on our feet and try to expect the unexpected. Matt had his back turned to the car that got him. I saw the skid marks. I saw Matt's blood running down the asphalt. I saw the look in his eyes. I saw it. So did a few other people. It's hard to forget. It's also hard to forget the agony one young man was feeling just a few feet away from our friend Matt. He didn't do it on purpose. He, I'm sure, tried his hardest NOT to hit Matt. We can't condemn him, nor point fingers. It was an ACCIDENT. Horrible accident, but an accident.

Poor Paul was damn near in tears when he had to make that phone call to Matt's parents. I've never seen him like that. I'm sure that will stay with him for a while.

I had someone run up to me and tell me that I was "lucky" I had just gotten off the track because "my buddy just got hit by a car".....that's how I found out about Matt. I had a couple of cars come REALLY close to me. Enough to make me go take a break and wait for the pros before I was going to go back out there. I don't blame them at all. I blame myself for putting myself in the middle of the action. It is my risk that I assumed. It could of just as easily been me or Brady on that back board. We both stood right where Matt was only minutes before.

Bottomline is that this ACCIDENT is not about finger pointing, and it should be about rallying around a friend. All the blame and speculating in the world is not going to change the fact of what happened. It's also not going to help Matt recover and heal from his wounds. Let's keep focus on what really is important here: Matt and his recovery. We'll worry about what needs to get done NEXT TIME later, when Matt is out of the woods and feeling better.

:2cents:

Well said Jamie. I hope your felling better my friend.

Actually the camera Matt was using at the time belonged to Tom (the blonde dude).. but he also has Matts camera.. and it wasnt just the lense.. the whole camera is gone.. but that is besides the point.. There is no really one person to blame.. but it definatly shows us what changes need to be made in the future..

Yes the camera is a loss but I really don’t care right now it can be replaced, my friend cant…

I have Matt’s camera and the bottom of his cell phone, luckily his sim card was intact and Paul was able to use it in his cell to call family immediately. I think this goes without saying I wouldn’t lend my setup to just anyone, Matt and I have been working together to enhance his skills with stuff he has never had the opportunity to do, and its been fun. IMHO he has one heck of a good eye and is a great study so I didn’t hesitate in letting him take my new setup out on the track to experiment with. After he was taken to the hospital I found the memory card (ejected from the camera down the track) and have uploaded the shots, he will be happy to know (because of his love for photography) the shots turned out fantastic! Again I do have his setup, its in good hands.

Matt my prayers are with ya buddy and I’ll be visiting shortly, get well soon!

Tom

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-19-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm praying for a speedy recovery..

The Ren
11-19-2006, 07:36 AM

Yes the camera is a loss but I really don’t care right now it can be replaced, my friend cant…

I have Matt’s camera and the bottom of his cell phone, luckily his sim card was intact and Paul was able to use it in his cell to call family immediately. I think this goes without saying I wouldn’t lend my setup to just anyone, Matt and I have been working together to enhance his skills with stuff he has never had the opportunity to do, and its been fun. IMHO he has one heck of a good eye and is a great study so I didn’t hesitate in letting him take my new setup out on the track to experiment with. After he was taken to the hospital I found the memory card (ejected from the camera down the track) and have uploaded the shots, he will be happy to know (because of his love for photography) the shots turned out fantastic! Again I do have his setup, its in good hands.

Tom

Oh sweetie I know.. believe me.. I was just stating for the record..

mach1girl
11-19-2006, 09:23 AM

Tom

Jamie and Tom and all involved i don't think we have had the chance to meet everyone yet, but mine and Hamby's(WIKDLX) regards are sent to you all. Jamie and Tom well said. with respect to everyone involved the folks that had to see someone, let alone their friend be in this type of accident, to Matt(AP) and his family, to the gentleman and his family that were in the car, to the folks that put Drift Fury on, i think at this time it is not good to point fingers and give it a rest for bit, even the odd and ends negative comments aren't necessay. Let the emotions of the situation die down, let Matt get well. Matt has a good heart and a kind soul and wouldn't want to see his friends or those involved in anymore pain than necessary. Once it has all died down and matt is one his way to recovery then go at it. I think being supportive to each other right now, keeping things positive and not pointing fingers at this point is the respectible thing to do. It will get figured out on what happened but in time it always does;). Everyone is hurting and i know wants to quickly say as I quote Jamie, the woulda coulda woulda... But it is not going to change what happened.

Tom maybe we can see about getting Ren to set up a fund for you and get you your camera:). I know you are more worried about your friend than a materialistic item but I know Matt would want to make sure you had it!

Speedminded(Jason) good job hanging with his mom and dad and being at the hospital for 7hours. Hamby said thank you for keeping us posted.

Hugs everyone!

M1G

Bajjani
11-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Yea I was out there, I was helpin volunteer

i had jus taken a break to go find some water since a ton of people jus showed up and there were to many of us out there (at least i thought)

as soon as i got back to where the course was set up my friend was like holy shit someone just got hit by a car so me and him bolted over there

i didn't see what actually happened but yea

we were all prayin for him thank god hes not banged up worse

Crowml
11-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Tom, Paul, Jaime, Ren, all other friends of Matt.
Wanted to commend you all for the kind words and maturity with which you all have handled this. I can only imagine how difficult it has been. Matt is very lucky to have the enite support of IA and as many friends as he did caring for him while he was on the field. The greatest thing we can do now is keep him and his family in our prayers and wish him a speedy recovery.

Fast Shadow
11-19-2006, 12:46 PM
what brand/model of camera is it?

OK - I just saw in the donation thread that Matt was using someone else's camera when he was hit. Is his own camera OK? Does Matt need a new camera is really what I'm asking.

Maniaç
11-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Sucks to hear about what happened. I don't know Matt but he seems like he's a real cool cat, and alot of yall care about him. Sorry guys. Hope everythings fine and hope he recovers quickly.

Why don't yall sticky this thread?

The Ren
11-19-2006, 01:35 PM
what brand/model of camera is it?

OK - I just saw in the donation thread that Matt was using someone else's camera when he was hit. Is his own camera OK? Does Matt need a new camera is really what I'm asking.

Matts camera is fine..

PCPtuner
11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
any new updates on his(matt) condition and does anyone know how the driver is doin?

HiPSI
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
best of luck to matt on a speedy and full recovery.

mach1girl
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I will keep Matt updates on the following thread. So I can keep it to one central spot.

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=35190167#post35190167

Hamby has also spoke with the drivers family and they are doing as well as can be expected. Both families will be or already are in communication with each other.

Hamby and I will be spending time with the Campbell's tonight after ICU visiting hours are over. When we get back we will make sure to post any news. Hopefully Matt will be out of ICU soon so he can start getting more visitors... cause you know his butt is going to ancy as hell and he is going to want some company:)

Also Speedminded(Jason) is in regular communications with Matt's parents so look for info from him as well.

M1G

AtifSajid
11-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the updates. Please keep us posted. This is really tragic. I hope he recovers well. Good luck bro!! I will pray for you!!

DrivenMind
11-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Tom

Ya actually speaking of Matt's photography, I've seen some of his recent stuff and he's improving at a rediculious rate. The Formula D coverage he did was simply awesome.

Maybe we should make a thread specifically for event organizers/ media to put their collective heads together, and try to come up with different things we can do to try and avoid something like this in the future. I always love shooting these events, and would hate to see overzealous restrictions put in place on media personell in the name of saftey (like NO photographers on track infield). Most photographers know and accept, that sometimes the best shots are the ones that are a little risky to take, and occasionally to get the shot we envision, we have to knowingly take that risk. So a compromise should be made somewhere in between.

There really isn't anyone to assign blame to, and I hope no one took my post in the other thread as though that's what I was saying. I wasn't trying to assign blame by any means, rather, merely trying to think of various things (saftey precautions, types of barriers, platforms, or locations) that could potentially keep this from happenening again in the future. I spend a whole lot of my free time standing in the oncoming path of fast moving cars, taking pictures, just like the rest of the photogeeks here do, purely for the love of it. So when Matt got hit, it really hit home hard that, that could have been any one of us.

I've spent my whole weekend reflecting on the seemingly unneeded risks I take in my everyday life for the sake of photography, and trying to justify each one of them to myself, in my head. Logically they actually make very little sense, but to a photographer... well we seem to find all the justification we need in our pictures themselves.

Anyway, I hope your feeling better today Matt. I'm looking foward to shooting with you again after you're feeling 100%.

speedminded
11-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Maybe we should make a thread specifically for event organizers/ media to put their collective heads together, and try to come up with different things we can do to try and avoid something like this in the future...:goodjob: I was thinking the same thing on the way home tonight from the hospital. A few have said recently that this is not the time but it's never too soon to start making decisions like that...we don't want the excuse it's too late for someone else.

**EDIT**
Made a thread... http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=91771

babygurl
11-20-2006, 07:25 AM
WOW any Monday Morning Updates??

I am glad he is aware of his surroundings, I am sure he will make a speedy recovery. We all know Matt is a fighter, and will not let this keep him down.

I will def. Be donating to the fund by friday when I get paid.

Thanks Qd and everyone for the updates...keep em comin!

mach1girl
11-20-2006, 09:51 AM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=35192314#post35192314

BluesClues
11-20-2006, 10:42 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MATT?!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS TIL NOW!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED AND IF HE IS DOING BETTER!!!!

speedminded
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MATT?!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS TIL NOW!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED AND IF HE IS DOING BETTER!!!!http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=91640

BluesClues
11-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah I just read it. I really hope he gets better soon. What would the world be like without my splackavellie?!

Nitro
11-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Tom, Paul, Jaime, Ren, all other friends of Matt.
Wanted to commend you all for the kind words and maturity with which you all have handled this. I can only imagine how difficult it has been. Matt is very lucky to have the enite support of IA and as many friends as he did caring for him while he was on the field. The greatest thing we can do now is keep him and his family in our prayers and wish him a speedy recovery.

well said there bro.............Matt we're rootin for u buddy :yes: