PDA

View Full Version : B16 ecu upgrade?

ugcivic
11-18-2006, 01:11 PM
yeah i was just wonderin whut my options were for upgrading the computer, all i have on it now is a full exaust and a intake, if anybody has any sugestions or comments let me know. thnkx

§treet_§peed
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
with just that you really don't need to upgrade the computer imo

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 04:39 PM
get cams and gears then get your ecu reflashed or just get a chipped ecu where vtec kicks in at like 4k

§treet_§peed
11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
^^ but if oyu get it to kick in any lower it would be more of a lag ad waste...atleast that's what i have always been told...

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 05:59 PM
^^ but if oyu get it to kick in any lower it would be more of a lag ad waste...atleast that's what i have always been told...
a certain member on the board has his set as that and his hatch is quick...not uber fast but its got some go...much lower too and you wont go over like 70 without vtec in

§treet_§peed
11-18-2006, 06:16 PM
that's kool i've just been told byseveral people and Mike if i'm not mistaken that if you set it so low that it hurts more than it helps..

scttydb411
11-19-2006, 12:39 AM
depends on your setup. setting vtec too low w/o the proper mods can actually cause a pretty large loss in hp/tq from that point until the point in which the hicam catches up. i tuned one cust w/ a b20vtec that actually benefitted from having vtec down that low and never lost any power and actually jumped pretty well at that point. it made it's most total hp/tq across the entire rev range that low.

most cars it doesn't benefit to place vtec that low. it may feel faster because power drops off quick and then kicks back in. setting it too high can also lose power as well. the best way to set vtec is on the dyno so you can visually see where the best place to set vtec is.

ugcivic
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
thankx for yalls input i just didnt know what my options were, and how do i go about moving the vtec down closer to about 4k?

scttydb411
11-20-2006, 07:30 PM
socketed/chipped ecu and tuning or vafc and tuning. getting it on the dyno to make sure where you're placing vtec is not killing power is best.