PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Key Fob...or Audi Discount

invisible
11-18-2006, 10:10 AM
This might be a long shot but does anyone have a spare 3 button keyfob that they would sell to me? i only have one key and i dont have the $$$ that Audi is trying to charge for a key. Is there an Audi discount anywhere at any dealers?

98.5 Audi A4 1.8t

thegreatfnr
11-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Ive got a spare three button key fob only it has a VW symbol on it. Its one of the things Ive got left over from my totalled 04 GTI.

Id let it go for 20 bucks. The key has been cut so youll need a blank to replace it with then all you gotta do is reprogram the buttons and your good to go. BTW lock/unlock/trunk/panic... all buttons are in good condition, VW logo on the front is in good condtion too

Lee :cheers:

invisible
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Ive got a spare three button key fob only it has a VW symbol on it. Its one of the things Ive got left over from my totalled 04 GTI.

Id let it go for 20 bucks. The key has been cut so youll need a blank to replace it with then all you gotta do is reprogram the buttons and your good to go. BTW lock/unlock/trunk/panic... all buttons are in good condition, VW logo on the front is in good condtion too

PM'ed

thegreatfnr
11-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Got it this morning when I got into the office, Ill check it out tonight and take a couple pics for ya.

BTW Im in duluth, we can figure out somewhere to meet if you decide you want it.

invisible
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM
thats cool with me. You're not that far from me.

thegreatfnr
11-21-2006, 11:43 AM
thats cool with me. You're not that far from me.

OK so I got it open and looks to be a few sets of numbers. What looks like the important ones are

HLO 130 959 753 AM and FCC ID: NGB 735868 T

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/thegreatfnr/keyButtons.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/thegreatfnr/keyVW.jpg

Ill PM you with my cell and you can give me a call if you want it.

benwaballs
11-21-2006, 09:33 PM
ive got a brand new one from a 05 GLI. it was my spare never used just forgot to give it to the guy that bought it from me.

invisible
11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
i talked to audi and that one will not work for my car. it sucks not have the key man for real. if anyone has one post up.

thegreatfnr
11-23-2006, 08:13 PM
i talked to audi and that one will not work for my car. it sucks not have the key man for real. if anyone has one post up.

Sux man good luck in finding one. I have a buddy of mine that has a 1998 or 99 that might have an extra key that would probably work. Ill let him know about this thread.

Sushi
11-26-2006, 04:46 AM
how much is audi charging you?

invisible
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Sux man good luck in finding one. I have a buddy of mine that has a 1998 or 99 that might have an extra key that would probably work. Ill let him know about this thread.

yea man i would def. appreciate it it sucks working with only one key.

Kyle
11-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Laser cut keys are a bitch. They are about $200+ to replace if I am not wrong. Everyone in my family has audis or vw's so I have dealt with it all. I don't have any extras though. I know you can get the key itself online fairly cheap but you still have to get it cut and programmed. Good luck. If you figure anything usefule out from your experience post it up. It's only a matter of time before someone will need a new key. And I would rather not have to do a bunch of research if someone already has figured it out.

con
11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
ebay......$35-$45