PDA

View Full Version : Yet another wonderment in the world of the PS3...

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I was looking through some of the rip-of.....er....I mean for sale threads and saw some comments that kind of got me:

A couple of comments at the $1,500+ prices were saying how good of a price that is or how great a deal that is. My question in this: How is $1,500 a "good price" for something that regularly sells for $600? That's not a good price at all. I don't see the "deal" you're getting. To be one of the tens of thousands of "1sts to have a PS3", $1,500 is a good deal?

This is the focus of this particular thread:

How is $1,500 a great deal for a $600 game system?

Later, QD.

eS_05
11-17-2006, 06:04 PM
^^^^^^^shit i thought i was the only one who was thinkin that..... ^^^^^^^^^^
:D

thepolecat
11-17-2006, 06:07 PM
^^^^ here here good sir!!!!!

Brett
11-17-2006, 06:09 PM
To me $600 is a waste, but Id never justify $1500+ for one. One guy on Ebay has it for $45,000 or buy it now for $500,000 and "Claims" after waiting in line for 3 days he will donate 75% of the sale to the American Red Cross (BULLSHIT)

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 06:10 PM
To me $600 is a waste,

Agreed upon. I wouldn't consider paying even the retail price for it, let alone the outrageous mark-ups these people put on it. Later, QD.

gobraves00
11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
i saw that redcross thing as well, that money will never get there, thats bs. there is a ton of these things on ebay, after a coule of days it will die down.the highest one i have seen to sell on ebay was for 6600, wtf.

Vteckidd
11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
its not a good deal. i totally understand the SUPPLY an DEMAND, and this is what our economy is built upon, but gimme a break.

Where do people find time to stay out of work for 3-7 days to buy a Video Game system?

the only people driving the price up is the consumer cause they are feeding the frenzy. THe fact is in march, or even december, the stores will be in stock an the price will be $600. They do this EVERYTIME. they short sell the first shipment to build a frenzy an to peak interst, get on the news, etc. they say "we wont have any shipments until march" which is bullshit cause EVERYTIME in dec or early jan a new batch hit the shelves, long after the xmas rush has ended.

bullshit, an a waste of money. id rather spend $600 on a plane ticket to vegas for new years

iloveboost
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
"Where do people find time to stay out of work for 3-7 days to buy a Video Game system?"

Being on salary is a beautiful thing. Even if you take the 2-3 days unpaid, you make it back with the sale of the system. They can go to Vegas for New Years for about 5 years straight off the sale of their system.

It all comes down to this: It's not your money. Get over it. No one tells you what to spend your money on, so what's it anyone's business what they do with their money.

Geez, LOOK WHERE YOU WORK! You deliver beer to people. You drink it, have fun for a night, then you're hungover, it kills brain cells, causes birth defects, gets people driving under the influence, leads to people's deaths, creates alcoholics, ruins families, etc. I could go on and on...

How about you take a look at the other things in life instead of something as petty as someone spending their hard earned money on what they want. Last I checked, we live in a free country.

/end rant.

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
"Where do people find time to stay out of work for 3-7 days to buy a Video Game system?"

Being on salary is a beautiful thing. Even if you take the 2-3 days unpaid, you make it back with the sale of the system. They can go to Vegas for New Years for about 5 years straight off the sale of their system.

It all comes down to this: It's not your money. Get over it. No one tells you what to spend your money on, so what's it anyone's business what they do with their money.

Geez, LOOK WHERE YOU WORK! You deliver beer to people. You drink it, have fun for a night, then you're hungover, it kills brain cells, causes birth defects, gets people driving under the influence, leads to people's deaths, creates alcoholics, ruins families, etc. I could go on and on...

How about you take a look at the other things in life instead of something as petty as someone spending their hard earned money on what they want. Last I checked, we live in a free country.

/end rant.

How about you shut the fuck up. I can ask the goddamn questions if I want to. Also, I don't drink beer. I don't drink any kind of alcohol. Maybe before you talk about someone, talk what you know and not what you think you know. There's nothing to goddamn get over. If I am curious about this, then I'm going to ask, regardless of whether you like it or not. So you get over bothering me with your bullshit. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
while i agree, i mean, but come on, WHERE IS THE SENSE IN KNOWING THAT 30 DAYS FROM NOW THE PS3 WILL BE AT RETAIL PRICE an IN STOCK>?

but then i guess if say that, where is the sense in buying a new car when it loses 15% of its value the second you drive it off the lot.

iloveboost
11-17-2006, 06:35 PM
How about you shut the fuck up. I can ask the goddamn questions if I want to. Also, I don't drink beer. I don't drink any kind of alcohol. Maybe before you talk about someone, talk what you know and not what you think you know. There's nothing to goddamn get over. If I am curious about this, then I'm going to ask, regardless of whether you like it or not. So you get over bothering me with your bullshit. Later, QD.

Hahaha. You're hilarious.

I never once said anything about you asking the question. I was answering your question with a different statement. As you said, you don't drink beer. Obviously because it's not WORTH it to you. But if other people thought that, you wouldn't have a job, now would you? Chew on that for a second.

Did I say you drank beer? Did I say anything about YOU drinking beer? Did I ever say anything about you personally? Don't get so defensive when someone steps up to your question, pal. When I said, 'you', it was a broad statement.

Next.

Brett
11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
where is the sense in buying a new car when it loses 15% of its value the second you drive it off the lot.

No shit!! We paid $22k for Leisa Saturn SUV a little over a year ago brand new, We were looking at getting her something else a few weeks ago and they offer 11k for it at a dealership now, WTF? lol

iloveboost
11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
while i agree, i mean, but come on, WHERE IS THE SENSE IN KNOWING THAT 30 DAYS FROM NOW THE PS3 WILL BE AT RETAIL PRICE an IN STOCK>?

but then i guess if say that, where is the sense in buying a new car when it loses 15% of its value the second you drive it off the lot.

Exactly. People do it all the time. If they didn't, new car salesman wouldn't have jobs. Our economy strives on these types of things.

It has always been and always will be.

People pay to be special, to have things others don't have.

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Hahaha. You're hilarious.

I never once said anything about you asking the question. I was answering your question with a different statement. As you said, you don't drink beer. Obviously because it's not WORTH it to you. But if other people thought that, you wouldn't have a job, now would you? Chew on that for a second.

Did I say you drank beer? Did I say anything about YOU drinking beer? Did I ever say anything about you personally? Don't get so defensive when someone steps up to your question, pal.

Next.

Hmmmm. You did say I drank beer. In the below quote from your first post:

LOOK WHERE YOU WORK! You deliver beer to people. You drink it, have fun for a night

And I don't drink any drinks because I can't stand the taste of alcohol. Maybe if the response was a little more clear, I wouldn't have went back off. You attacked me is what I saw in your reply when you told me not to worry about petty stuff. I wasn't worried. I asked a question on what kind of deal that was. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
i think he meant:

YOU sell beer. YOU (meaning your consumers an customers) DRINK IT.

iloveboost
11-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, I don't know you. I don't care to judge you. It's not my place. It was a broad statement to people in general. I editted my post, but I guess you didn't see it before you replied.

I was stating people spend money on silly things all the time.

iloveboost
11-17-2006, 06:42 PM
i think he meant:

YOU sell beer. YOU (meaning your consumers an customers) DRINK IT.

Bingo.

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, I don't know you. I don't care to judge you. It's not my place. It was a broad statement to people in general. I editted my post, but I guess you didn't see it before you replied.

I gotcha now. But, like I said, I was just making a general comment on where the deal is. That's all. Later, QD.

imbosile
11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
It just depends on what you enjoy doing, some think it's worth it, others don't. I think 500 or so is worth it, but I wouldn't spend much more than that.

iloveboost
11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Cool. Good way to kill 20 minutes. I'm out.

Brett
11-17-2006, 06:46 PM

This is true, We say how dumb it is to spend that much on a PS3 but then look what some of us spend on our cars to mod them, MANY more people dont see the logic in what we do with our cars, So I guess we cant judge anyone...LOL :D

VegetaRules
11-17-2006, 07:44 PM
^^^^ Agreed. I feel you QD, it may be because you're older. Now I'd assume it was mainly kids/teenagers, or people who don't have " real" jobs that were standing in line. Now I'm not going to buy one at mark-up or retail, cause I just don't play video games anymore, except for my NES.lol

But as stated, we spend more money modding our cars, and one mistake while racing it can fuck it up, so I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder.:goodjob: ...Vegeta

SloWRX
11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
^^^^^^^shit i thought i was the only one who was thinkin that..... ^^^^^^^^^^
:D

x2

~The_Duke~
11-17-2006, 08:53 PM
My question is, why buy something that cas only play games, movies, and music when you can pay about the same price and get a computer that does all that plus alot of other stuff.

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 09:39 PM
It seems everyone is missing my point. Brett, Vegeta.....I understand the comparison you're doing with why they spend ungodly amounts for this thing with spending money on our cars. But the point of this is to see why A $600 system being sold for $1,600 is a great deal right now, when in 2-3 months, it will be right back down to $600. Why not wait 2 months and save well over $1,000? How is it this great deal? Lolol. Later, QD.

Nismo
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Its like the kids buying the corollas for like fucking 3grand. 3000 dollars for a car thats worth maybe 800 isnt a good deal.

On a side note, 11k for a used Saturn is a good trade in price :). You should definetly stick with that brand.

HiPSI
11-17-2006, 10:10 PM
i'd say a good 80 percent or so of people that waited all of this time intended on reselling them. the market is already flooded with overpriced systems and soon enough the stupidity will die.

the way i see it, these original runs ALWAYS have bugs/defects... why not wait until a couple months from now to get it when they have a lot of that shit fixed and buy it at normal retail? get a machine that works properly and spend less.

1SICKLEX
11-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Got damn its simple supply and demand....why get mad people pay that much?
buy u some!

quickdodge®
11-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Got damn its simple supply and demand....why get mad people pay that much?
buy u some!

Another clueless one. You're clearing missing what I am asking. Later, QD.

KoukiDrftr
11-17-2006, 10:20 PM
i just saw on g4 that sony actually lost money on selling the ps3's for the prices they did... it said 200 dollar loss on the 20 gig's and 300 loss on the 60 gig's... i remember when people were saying sony was gunna charge over a grand and everyone was like noone will buy it! they should have just charged 2000+! just as many people would have bought them and they would have made bank!!

DJ XtRaK©
11-17-2006, 10:39 PM
i agree with you mike...i mean come on now! the damn thing is 600 in the store...why would you buy it for 1500+? there are people tryin to sell it on IA for more than double the price!!!!! i think that shouldnt be allowed on here cause its fucking gay! ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS SELLING THE PS3 FOR 1500+ AND ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS BUYING THE PS3 FOR 1500+ ARE GOT DAMN RETARDS! FUCKING RETARDED!!!

/rant

DJ XtRaK©
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM
its not a good deal. i totally understand the SUPPLY an DEMAND, and this is what our economy is built upon, but gimme a break.

Where do people find time to stay out of work for 3-7 days to buy a Video Game system?

the only people driving the price up is the consumer cause they are feeding the frenzy. THe fact is in march, or even december, the stores will be in stock an the price will be $600. They do this EVERYTIME. they short sell the first shipment to build a frenzy an to peak interst, get on the news, etc. they say "we wont have any shipments until march" which is bullshit cause EVERYTIME in dec or early jan a new batch hit the shelves, long after the xmas rush has ended.

bullshit, an a waste of money. id rather spend $600 on a plane ticket to vegas for new years

comment you made in a ps3 for sale thread:

$1000 can meet you in 15 min if your in gnette

um what??? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Ed
11-17-2006, 10:56 PM
1500 > 600. 600 is already a lot of money for a system. BUT defending their case, it comes with a blue ray player which run roughly at 750, the cheapest ive seen (http://www.blu-ray.com/players/), and it comes with a badass video card thats not even out for computers yet i believe from what a source told me... but qd has THE point of this conversation... you fucktards need to wait 3 months, 1500 is not worth the buggy shit you will buy now....

this makes me think of the south park episode where eric froze himself cuz he couldnt wait 2 weeks for the Wii to come out, and he was frozen for 500 years :lmao:

that is all.

DJ XtRaK©
11-17-2006, 11:10 PM
1500 > 600. 600 is already a lot of money for a system. BUT defending their case, it comes with a blue ray player which run roughly at 750, the cheapest ive seen (http://www.blu-ray.com/players/) (http://www.blu-ray.com/players/%29), and it comes with a badass video card thats not even out for computers yet i believe from what a source told me... but qd has THE point of this conversation... you fucktards need to wait 3 months, 1500 is not worth the buggy shit you will buy now....

this makes me think of the south park episode where eric froze himself cuz he couldnt wait 2 weeks for the Wii to come out, and he was frozen for 500 years :lmao:

that is all.

hey we got a smart guy here, 1500 IS IN FACT more than 600....blu ray is not worth 750...ps3 is not worth 1500 or 600...

i think you need to make up your mind...

Ed
11-17-2006, 11:13 PM
1500 > 600. 600 is already a lot of money for a system. BUT defending their case, it comes with a blue ray player which run roughly at 750, the cheapest ive seen (http://www.blu-ray.com/players/), and it comes with a badass video card thats not even out for computers yet i believe from what a source told me... but qd has THE point of this conversation... you fucktards need to wait 3 months, 1500 is not worth the buggy shit you will buy now....

that is all.

and you need to learn how to read...

DJ XtRaK©
11-17-2006, 11:15 PM
and you need to learn how to read...

and you need to learn to take humor...

Ed
11-17-2006, 11:16 PM
oh im cool. :goodjob:

thinkfast®
11-17-2006, 11:37 PM
oh im cool. :goodjob:

SOMEBODY SURE LIED TO YOU...

Chuckster
11-18-2006, 05:53 AM
There going for 1g on ebay. Saw one up to 3gs in bids

1SICKLEX
11-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Another clueless one. You're clearing missing what I am asking. Later, QD.
Seriously on the grand scale of things this playstation mess is small and not sure why it bugs so many. Maybe because its about regular poor or middle class people?
Again its economics, supply and demand Just look at some exotic autos. People wait 2 years or more 2 get a Ferrari. Then you have the people who pay mark up to be the first to have it. Hell the Ford Shelby 500 is selling for 60k!.
Also some people ALWAYS want 2 be the first to own something. People want the bragging rights. This is anything from having a pair or rare Air Force Ones to paying more to be the first owner of a condo or home in a highly sought area.

And I dont even play video games but the "'WOW" episode of Southpark explains tons on how many peoples lives 2 revolve around a playstation/X-box etc and the games they play. And that is their choice.

I think people shooting and robbing other people etc for this console is pathetic but if someone gets joy and has great passion for this PS3, good for them.

quickdodge®
11-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Seriously on the grand scale of things this playstation mess is small and not sure why it bugs so many. Maybe because its about regular poor or middle class people?

You are still clearly missing the point "of this particular post."

Why do you think it "bugs" me just because I think it's inane. Why does it have to do with the class of people?

Some things I can understand wanting to be the first to own or whatever. I don't understand what fame you will get for owning the first PS3. Lolol. But you keep refering to other threads instead of this one. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
11-18-2006, 09:04 AM
I was ready to spend some extra money till I heard about all the bugs in them, now though people are paying up to 4 grand and then the system is burning up and they are still stuck waiting on the next shipment of the system to come out. Makes no sense.

chrisdavis
11-18-2006, 09:24 AM
LOL I looked on Ebay this morning and there are so many on there, that people arent getting nowhere near thier Buy It Now prices. I saw a couple that were 2k and up but there were alot that didnt have a single bid.

bdydrpdmazda
11-18-2006, 10:57 AM
thats cause so many of them are burning up.

EJ25RUN
11-18-2006, 11:21 AM
One sold for $15,100 to some guy in europe! went from $9,000 to $15,000 in last minute.

http://images.tomshardware.com/2006/11/17/ps3_bidding.jpg

DJ XtRaK©
11-18-2006, 11:53 AM
retards.

quickdodge®
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
One sold for $15,100 to some guy in europe! went from $9,000 to $15,000 in last minute.

http://images.tomshardware.com/2006/11/17/ps3_bidding.jpg

Bet they didn't pay up. There are a lot of people who are either using their accounts or getting fake accounts just outbid everyone and then not pay up. They do this to keep people from ripping off everyone else. Later, QD.

IggyBcool
11-18-2006, 12:54 PM
15000 would do nicely to our cars, or hell even buy a new car

DJ XtRaK©
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM
bump.

retards.

ahmonrah
11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
it's cool, i mean if people have the means and the drive to spend that kind of money, and in the name of capitalism, resell the purchase item at an inflated price. so long as there is someone willing and able to buy it, oh well....

§treet_§peed
11-19-2006, 07:14 PM
look at this retarded shit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-PlayStation-3-60GB-HAND-DELIVERED-WORLDWIDE-2-U_W0QQitemZ220050739576QQihZ012QQcategoryZ62054QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-60GB-IN-HANDS-NOW_W0QQitemZ300050467705QQihZ020QQcategoryZ62054Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

§treet_§peed
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
bump

StupidBikerBoy
11-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, I wouldn't pay $600 for it just to keep personally, but the 4 I sold made me 5 figures.

I'll buy another one next year when they drop to half that.

Mike Lowrey
11-20-2006, 05:49 AM
This just shows how many morons there are in this world. Why people gladly pay thousands of dollars for a $600 item is just stupid.

Stupid people need to die.

PEOPLE AGAINST
STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!

ALVIN
11-20-2006, 05:54 AM
What I find funny is that even some of the EB Games dudes around my house won't even buy the system. One dude said it's not worht paying $600 and $60 a game when there are only 13 games out for it. He said by summer the price will be down and we will hopefully have more games. I might consider buying in the summer, but right now I can think of a million things that I can use the $600 + tax + games + tax on.

{X}Echo419
11-20-2006, 07:05 AM
I was looking through some of the rip-of.....er....I mean for sale threads and saw some comments that kind of got me:

A couple of comments at the $1,500+ prices were saying how good of a price that is or how great a deal that is. My question in this: How is $1,500 a "good price" for something that regularly sells for $600? That's not a good price at all. I don't see the "deal" you're getting. To be one of the tens of thousands of "1sts to have a PS3", $1,500 is a good deal?

This is the focus of this particular thread:

How is $1,500 a great deal for a $600 game system?

Later, QD.
supply & Demand. basic econimics. unless you can find a PS3 for $600... :2cents:

Ran
11-20-2006, 08:49 AM
supply & Demand. basic econimics. unless you can find a PS3 for $600... :2cents:This is where the answer lies.

Is $1500 a good deal on a PS3 in general? No, not at all. However, the fact that most children will be dying for this system will have the parents dishing out asinine amounts of money to have one and make their kids happy. So while $1500 may not be a good deal on a system that you could readily go out and buy for $600, the fact that they are not readily available will make families more than willing to pay $1500 as opposed to $3000+.

So, is $1500 a good deal in general? No, not really. Is it a good deal considering the circumstances of the holiday and lack of supply? Perhaps.

{X}Echo419
11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
This is where the answer lies.

Is $1500 a good deal on a PS3 in general? No, not at all. However, the fact that most children will be dying for this system will have the parents dishing out asinine amounts of money to have one and make their kids happy. So while $1500 may not be a good deal on a system that you could readily go out and buy for $600, the fact that they are not readily available will make families more than willing to pay $1500 as opposed to $3000+.

So, is $1500 a good deal in general? No, not really. Is it a good deal considering the circumstances of the holiday and lack of supply? Perhaps.

"you must spread more reps b4 giving them to RK again" o-well, econimics FTW! :yes:

dartingd
11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
i bought one w/ two games, extra controller, and movie...sold for 1300...after fees and all, i made 200...worth waiting in line for 19 hours...NO! I got offered 500 while in line for my spot and turned it down..oh well..the 200 def. helped pay for the Wii which I did keep, and love!! i got an email from the lady who bought mine on ebay asking for a refund..she said she had heard they were burning up and wanted to return..i told her if she sent the system back, i would refund her 1300 minus 200 for shipping and 110 for listing/ending fees...she emailed me back and said nm, lol...

Ed
11-20-2006, 11:14 AM
i bought one w/ two games, extra controller, and movie...sold for 1300...after fees and all, i made 200...worth waiting in line for 19 hours...NO! I got offered 500 while in line for my spot and turned it down..oh well..the 200 def. helped pay for the Wii which I did keep, and love!! i got an email from the lady who bought mine on ebay asking for a refund..she said she had heard they were burning up and wanted to return..i told her if she sent the system back, i would refund her 1300 minus 200 for shipping and 110 for listing/ending fees...she emailed me back and said nm, lol...

i wanna get the wii... any complaints? any tips? anything? lol

Ran
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
i wanna get the wii... any complaints? any tips? anything? lolWii just came out yesterday. I expect it to be the underdog system of the season. The fun controller and low price tag will make them a family fav. :yes:

Ed
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Wii just came out yesterday. I expect it to be the underdog system of the season. The fun controller and low price tag will make them a family fav. :yes:

yeah thats why i wanna get it. that controller seems like lotsa fun...

2turbo4u
11-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Is like @the car dealership they come out w/the Special Editon(Nissan) which they put a few options or add ons to the vehicle. They sell it at a higher price just to get people to buy the car. Then they come out w/the new model right after that. New Maxima,Altima,Sentra 2.0. So they sold you on the old then come out w/the new @around the same price that (SE) went for. So that they didn't have to drop the price on the current models to get them off the lot.

dartingd
11-20-2006, 12:45 PM
i got an 06 se for 14k drive out...not bad to me...

Ed
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Wait, did i miss something?

dartingd
11-20-2006, 12:54 PM
oh and on the wii..i got twilight princess and the wii sports that came with it..it's an amazing system imho...i didn't expect the controller to work as well as it does! the only thing that has happened since i got it was the controllers started flashing and the system didn't recognize them last night..dunno what happened, but i restarted and made sure the connections on back were good, and it fixed it! no processor fryin here!

bdydrpdmazda
11-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Nintendo has always made quality shit.^^^

{X}Echo419
11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Nintendo has always made quality shit.^^^

what about the "Power Glove"? :lmfao:

Eurostunna07
11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
5K was the highest it sold at, by a real/legit serious bidder. :taun:

Ran
11-20-2006, 03:25 PM
what about the "Power Glove"? :lmfao:Power Glove was f*cking pimp! You better quit hatin'.

Virtual Boy, on the other hand, almost gave me cancer.