PDA

View Full Version : Nopi "Number 1" brand exhaust

pworld14
11-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I recently looked at Nopi while shopping for a full catback exhaust and saw the brand (Number 1) for sale for $190.

My question is...I know this is no where near an Apexi or Greddy but does anyone have any experience with these and if so, how do they sound and perform. If they aren't too bad, I might pick one up....thanks

WWJDrift
11-17-2006, 02:53 PM
they arent that bad, i would save up and get a skunk2 or a medallion tho

WWJDrift
11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
what kind of car are you looking to put the exhaust on?

pworld14
11-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I have a 96 GSR....just weighing my options.......I'm a little sceptical about this brand because I don't know that type of sound that it makes....the last thing I want is to end up with a raspy exhaust

§treet_§peed
11-17-2006, 07:00 PM
lol ebay ftw

pworld14
11-18-2006, 10:10 AM
so it's it's a bad investment huh?!?!

Cool Cat Racing
11-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I've used these systems on numerous cars, including a few GSR swapped civics. The system sounds the same as a greddy. Its got a resonator and uses an offset tip so the muffler doesn't hang down so far. One of my guys here at the shop is using the #1 headers and catback. The system sounds just as good as many others I've used and is full stainless. With a little tuning help from Scotty that car made 163whp with a stock GSR motor. Its not any more raspy as the greddy. Haven't heard the Apexi in awhile so I don't want to comment on how close it is to that one. Oh, fitment was fine too, no modifications necessary or problems with it.

WhiteAccord
11-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I had a civic while back bought exhaust and headers for it.... Headers made a little leak but not bad fitment.... exhaust hangers broke off a while later.... I also bought a carbon hood and it sucked ass... so from a memeber to another same your money and buy quality worth shit

Skunk2
Apexi
HKS
Greddy
ETC.

MTA_Rep
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah the number1 exhaust isn't bad at all, you can't beat it for the price that they are selling it at! Of course i have a APEXI exhaust on my LS Hatch and it sounds alittle Raspy, I heard a LS hatch with the number1 exhaust system and it sounded nice as shit! I was going to sell mine and by the number1 system.. but i needed the APEXI because im boosting pretty soon. So yeah i would give it a 8/10.. Not bad for a $200 system!

MTA_Rep
11-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I had a civic while back bought exhaust and headers for it.... Headers made a little leak but not bad fitment.... exhaust hangers broke off a while later.... I also bought a carbon hood and it sucked ass... so from a memeber to another same your money and buy quality worth shit

Skunk2
Apexi
HKS
Greddy
ETC.

Like i said.. it is good for the price! And yeah never buy anything else from number1. CArbon fiber especially! LOL!

§treet_§peed
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
EBAY FTW!!!!! :D

JDMBeau
11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
any one have pics of theirs?

for the price you cant argue

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
what kind of car are you looking to put the exhaust on?

resize your sig tard

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=WhiteAccord]I had a civic while back bought exhaust and headers for it.... Headers made a little leak but not bad fitment.... exhaust hangers broke off a while later.... I also bought a carbon hood and it sucked ass... so from a memeber to another same your money and bQUOTE]

you have headers on a 4 cylinder accord??:ninja:

JDMBeau
11-18-2006, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=WhiteAccord]I had a civic while back bought exhaust and headers for it.... Headers made a little leak but not bad fitment.... exhaust hangers broke off a while later.... I also bought a carbon hood and it sucked ass... so from a memeber to another same your money and bQUOTE]

you have headers on a 4 cylinder accord??:ninja:
hell ya split 4 ftw

2.0civic
11-18-2006, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=b18hatch]
hell ya split 4 ftw

whats funny is after about the 5th time you make a crack about it, you would think he would learn but idk...

pworld14
11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
thanks everybody....maybe I'll gve it a try, if it doesn't work out, at least it's not like I lost $500 as compared to $190. Hopefuly it works out

NOPIGUY
11-20-2006, 02:42 AM
FYI:
The number one exhaust systems are made from the exact materials as the Name Brand units. Pipe size and internal construction is also the same. The only difference is a few physical characteristics like an angle cut tip instead of a straight cut design. They are T304 stainless steel throughout and only cost less because they are not marked up in price like the name brands.

pworld14
11-20-2006, 12:29 PM
FYI:
The number one exhaust systems are made from the exact materials as the Name Brand units. Pipe size and internal construction is also the same. The only difference is a few physical characteristics like an angle cut tip instead of a straight cut design. They are T304 stainless steel throughout and only cost less because they are not marked up in price like the name brands.

NOPIGUY:: Do you work at Nopi?? or if anyone knows, does the Number 1 exhaust that look like N1 angle up/outwards like the N1??

JDMBeau
11-20-2006, 02:15 PM
ya thats what i wanna know

i want the mad tyte JDM angle y0

§treet_§peed
11-21-2006, 12:37 AM
if you want mad jdm offset angel..go get your muffler re-welded at a muffler shop..i swould personally save money and buy a of brand exhaust from ebay...unless your are really building your motor, which aprarently you are not...headers on a 4 cyl....lol

pworld14
11-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Okay, I went to Nopi and was about to buy the Number 1 exhaust but they were able to cut me a deal on a Greddy Evo II that someone returned for $250 so I said fuggit and just went ahead bought the Greddy......I guess I'll never know what the Number 1 exhaust can really do

green91
11-28-2006, 07:08 PM
greddy evo is very nice. good pick

THEONE
11-28-2006, 11:00 PM
i have had 2 #1 exausts and have been pleased with both i also had a cold air intake made by them. thier exaust sounds mellow not to loud but you can hear it and it seems to flow pretty nice. to me they are a great buy if your on a budget.

RISKYB
11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
i have the greddy evo on my gsr and i am happy with it

Vteckidd
11-28-2006, 11:22 PM
the #1s arent bad for the price. The mufflers are nowhere near as nice as the greddy or Apex units.

they are cheap because NOPI has them made cheaper. It may be stainless steel, but it is cheap stainless steel, like taiwanese stainless steel. it is NOT the same grade as an HKS, APEX.

The greddys arent bad, but most people get them for the sound, not performance.

If i just wanted an exhaust i would def buy the Nopi brand cause its cheap an works. i have never had a problem out of them at all. and they are angled, JDM TYTE STYLE

Skin_Graft
11-29-2006, 12:17 AM
does ANYONE have any pics of this NOPI #1 exhaust on a civic coupe?? You mention above that it does have an upward/outward exit and a decent sound... so, can someone show me some pics???

Please...

Vteckidd
11-29-2006, 12:23 AM
these are the only pics i can find, the DRAG #1 exhaust is basically a KNOCKOFF APEX N1

The STEALTH #1 exhaust is basically a knockoff Greddy EVO

http://129.33.208.36/L0013344.JPG

Skin_Graft
11-29-2006, 01:44 AM
these are the only pics i can find, the DRAG #1 exhaust is basically a KNOCKOFF APEX N1

The STEALTH #1 exhaust is basically a knockoff Greddy EVO

SOOOOO.... does that mean that the drag is an under the axle and upward outward exit exhaust??

And... nopi's site doesn't list the 99-00 civic si/ex. Where could I find one of these??

NOPIGUY
11-29-2006, 10:08 AM
SOOOOO.... does that mean that the drag is an under the axle and upward outward exit exhaust??

And... nopi's site doesn't list the 99-00 civic si/ex. Where could I find one of these??

We are just out of stock on that one right now.....It will be back in in January.

TheChosenOne
11-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey NOPIGUY do ya'll have an angled exhaust for a 90 DA9???

§treet_§peed
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
lol mike with a JDM TYTE STYLE

NOPIGUY
11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey NOPIGUY do ya'll have an angled exhaust for a 90 DA9???
You will need to PM me for product info and pricing. I'm in the proces of becoming a IA sponsor but I am not yet so I do not want to quote pricing and availability on here yet. I do not think it's right to sell stuff on here until I am an official sponsor.

PS....A few more days and we will be though.