PDA

View Full Version : JDM Vin on a car?

Blitanicle99
11-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Got a little situation. To sum it up, a buddy of mine found a R34 V Spec II on ebay. I am tryin to tell him that its a scam. The guy is sellin it for like ten grand blah blah blah. Either way, I told him to get the vin. The guy is sending him back a ten character Vin.
My Question: Is a JDM vin shorter? Does a JDM vehicle have a vin? Any serious info to tell my boy?

thepolecat
11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
- tell him if an r34 is 10,000 doll hairs then he is a dumb fick for believing it. link to the page?

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 08:58 PM
2 things. One he is a dumbass.

As the above person stated, why would a $70K+ vehicle be for 10K? Also how does he plan on getting it legal and such? Is it already registered and titled?

Also, There is no such thing as a JPN vin. JPN uses chassis codes. Give me the chassis code the guy is giving you and I can put it into the JPN Nissan Fast Software I have and tell you if it is a valid vin as well as production info about the vehicle.

-Sayajin

Blitanicle99
11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
The story goes... the guy A (seller)'s brother died. This was his car. Blah blah blah. The car reminds him of it blah blah blah. So he wants to sell it. I think its a complete scam. Guy B (buyer) is selling his bike and guy A is giving him 3 months to do so. Then once guy B has the money, Guy A is going to ship the car over, Guy B gets 24 hours to inspect car and then he tells the Pay service to send or deny funds to Guy A.
I think its complete shit, way too good to be true. But my boy is set that this guy is working with him. He doesnt believe me so I figure If I get Atlanta's best to help convice him or help him.
Again thanks in advance.

Sayajin: BNR34401886
Let me know asap if you would. I appreicate the help.

1439/2000
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
That's not a scam. Thats my cousin.

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 09:14 PM
The story goes... the guy A (seller)'s brother died. This was his car. Blah blah blah. The car reminds him of it blah blah blah. So he wants to sell it. I think its a complete scam. Guy B (buyer) is selling his bike and guy A is giving him 3 months to do so. Then once guy B has the money, Guy A is going to ship the car over, Guy B gets 24 hours to inspect car and then he tells the Pay service to send or deny funds to Guy A.
I think its complete shit, way too good to be true. But my boy is set that this guy is working with him. He doesnt believe me so I figure If I get Atlanta's best to help convice him or help him.
Again thanks in advance.

Sayajin: BNR34401886
Let me know asap if you would. I appreicate the help.

Yes... he is a dumbass.....

and NO... that is NOT a real chassis code.

BTW, here is what is going to happen. The guy is going to give your boy 3 months to come up with the money. He is then going to say 1 of 2 things.

1. Hey Send me the money and I will send the car. Once you inspect it I will keep the money. If not I will send it back!

Hopefully your friend isnt THAT dumb.

Or what is MUCH more likey

2. Hey lets use "X" Escrow service! That means you are 100% sure you are getting a good deal since you arent going to give ME the money. You will give it to an Escrow!

Well guess what? The Escrow is a scam. He gets the money. Old trick.

Also come on... how realistic does that story sound man? I mean so if my mother died in her house... and it is worth $100K I am going to sell it for $10K JUST to get rid of it? I mean why not sell it for half price? It will still move just as quickly! Common Sense people.....

Also where is the car? Is it legal? Is it motorexd? What color year specs ect? There arent many legal R34s in the US... so if it is indeed legal, one of my guys should know about it.

-Sayajin

Blitanicle99
11-16-2006, 09:15 PM
That's not a scam. Thats my cousin.

You for real or just playin. I also Pm'ed yeah.

Blitanicle99
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Yes... he is a dumbass.....

and NO... that is NOT a real chassis code.

BTW, here is what is going to happen. The guy is going to give your boy 3 months to come up with the money. He is then going to say 1 of 2 things.

1. Hey Send me the money and I will send the car. Once you inspect it I will keep the money. If not I will send it back!

Hopefully your friend isnt THAT dumb.

Or what is MUCH more likey

2. Hey lets use "X" Escrow service! That means you are 100% sure you are getting a good deal since you arent going to give ME the money. You will give it to an Escrow!

Well guess what? The Escrow is a scam. He gets the money. Old trick.

Also come on... how realistic does that story sound man? I mean so if my mother died in her house... and it is worth $100K I am going to sell it for $10K JUST to get rid of it? I mean why not sell it for half price? It will still move just as quickly! Common Sense people.....

-Sayajin

Yeah it sounds like a total scam to me also. However 1439/2000 claims it is his cousin... What the heck is going on?
Again appreicate all the help.

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 09:19 PM
.................................................. ...... You know Bill Gates is my daddy right?.....................................

-Sayajin

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Tell your cousin to give you all the info on the car. I will find out the truth for ya.

-Sayajin

Blitanicle99
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I sent the link to my buddy. He would like to add that guy A (seller) that he claims to be selling it so cheap because it is a bitch to conform to UK standerds before someone will buy it there.
He asks what 1439/2000's cousins name is
Thanks

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 09:34 PM
ok. this is person A. 1, i really dont appreciate being called a dumn ass. and 2, thats the reason im asking for help. duh.

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 09:35 PM
im guy b, i guess. wasnt really paying attention to my sudo name

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Look man... I have no problem with people asking questions. Belive me, I asked a LOT of questions in order to get mine. But a little common sense is in order here...

I mean, does this REALLY sound like a legitimate transaction to you?

Also it sounds like the car is in the UK correct? What do you plan to do about that? I assume you know there is no way to legalize a Skyline anymore correct?

-Sayajin

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Specs on car?

-Sayajin

HiPSI
11-16-2006, 09:52 PM
pretty much all of these scams have something to do with the vehicle/item being in the UK. i can guarantee it's a scam.

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 09:54 PM
supposedly, the skyline was manufactured and purchused in the us (all US standards are in order).

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
the R34s are no longer accepted into the us. thats y im working so hard to have this happen. there arent many R34's that can be imported here (only ones that are made for the us, which no more are)

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 10:11 PM
.......................LOL! There is no such thing as a Skyline manufactured and purchased in the US.

The only thing remotely close is a Skyline that was sent to Motorex AFTER it was IMPORTED to the US in order to be brought up to US standards...

Also umm... how are you going to prove this is a motorexd vehicle when you bring it over? I assume he has shown you some proof of this? You have to look at it this way... I spent an EXTRA $15-20K to get the vehicle motorexed... why the HELL would I send it back out of the country when I can get one in the UK for MUCH MUCH less? It just doesnt make sense..

-Sayajin

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Also you are not answering any of the questions I am asking... belive me, I am not asking to be an asshole, I am asking to help you out... Take it from a person who has ALREADY GONE through the process.....

-Sayajin

Blitanicle99
11-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Lord, I hope I dont start shit with people over this...

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 10:21 PM
sorry. wasnt ignoring u. i was looking at motor ex. there were some that were sent here for american standards (or was sent directly to motorx b4 they hit the dealers). he bought it that way here, then he shipped it himself to the uk. (his brother did). what kind of proof would i be looking for. sigh. this is the first time ive ever bought anything form ebay or ever had anything imported. yes, im a retard when it comes to this.

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 10:22 PM
btw, im still on aim. hit me up Blitanic99

Hektik
11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
ok how much sense would it make to buy it here and then ship it to the uk. when he could buy one there with no problem cheaper. seriously man this is a scam.

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah....... fuckin A.

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 10:33 PM
alright, before i email this guy and demand some proof of the car, i need to know what to ask for. Sayajin?

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Couple things.. the VIN/Chasis code he gave you is false... find out why.

A Motorex car WOULD have a 17 Digit VIN. Also there would me a motorex sticker under the hood as well as in the door jamb. He would also have documentation showing that the vehicle was taken in my Motorex.

There is no such thing as getting a Skyline and THEN sending it to Motorex. If it came over legally it went STRAIGHT to motorex and he bought it from them or paid for the work in advance. US Customs DOES NOT let you take a Skyline from port... It has to be sent BY CUSTOMS directly to Motorex....

Ask him why he sent it to the UK doesnt make sense... I mean you can buy a R34 over there for like 20-40K why waste the money sending it over?

Ask him who had it motorexed.. also ask how much it cost and when he had it done.

Ask for specific specs about the car. Color, year, mileage, mods ect.

Also ask when he had it in the USA and for how long. Also where in the USA was it.

If it was a motorex car he had a US title.. ask for a copy of it... JPN would not take the US title from him.. the would issue a completely new one...

Also ask him about insurance if it was in the USA... who insured it for him.. how much was it ect....

Also ask how HE got it over here.. where did it come from.. ect.

Those are just starter questions.. believe me man.. its a scam.. the stuff he is saying is not adding up. However I will be happy to help you as much as possible.

-Sayajin

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 10:50 PM
thanks alot. its a 99, black, v spec II, 11,286 miles. no mods. "Showroom quality" he says. thanks alot for ur help and would love more. if u got aim, im JonTylerHenry

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 10:56 PM
alright, i sent him the questions and i will probably get them tomorrow if he doesnt blow me off. Sayajin, if u could give me a way to get ahold of u...

RBpoweredSileighty
11-16-2006, 11:24 PM
total scam, sorry dude.... no one in there right mind would sell a r34 for that cheap. ur going to have no car and have a hell of a lot of money gone if u go through that :gay: deal.

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I sent you a PM with my number man. Feel free to call me tommorow.

Steve, sorry about that man. I have an OOOOOOLLLLDDD Version of AIM and the stupid thing keeps crashing. Gimme a call tommorow if you want.

-Sayajin

Sayajin
11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
btw... if he actually said "miles" that is a dead giveaway... NOBODY says miles with a Skyline.. even if they are in the US.. its ALWAYS KM.....

I mean of course that is obvious once you think about it... but thinking quickly you would quote miles... just happens if you dont really have one..

Believe me... I quote all my shit in km now... even my speed when I am discussing issues I am having I talk about in KM... just something you change to when you have a Skyline...

-Sayajin

-Sayajin

RBpoweredSileighty
11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Steve, sorry about that man. I have an OOOOOOLLLLDDD Version of AIM and the stupid thing keeps crashing. Gimme a call tommorow if you want.

-Sayajin

its all good homie aim its lame haha :yes:

btw discussing issues I am having I talk about in KM... just something you change to when you have a Skyline...

-Sayajin

-Sayajin

haha aint that the truth... u helped me with mine :goodjob:

personA(Sky)
11-16-2006, 11:39 PM
thanks a bunch guys. hopefully, this turns out in my favor. later guys

HiPSI
11-17-2006, 12:04 AM
thanks a bunch guys. hopefully, this turns out in my favor. later guys

i really hope you are not considering sending this person your money because you will lose it. there is no chance this person is selling a real car by the description you gave. 11000 on the odometer, pristine condition, he could pull an EASY 20k out of it locally. NOBODY would but a motorex skyline and send it over to the UK. what they want are people like yourself that don't understand that when things are too good to be true they usually are.... and this is WAYYYYYY too good to be true.

sayajin has already proven it's a scam over and over, please don't make a $10k mistake.

personA(Sky)
11-17-2006, 01:13 AM
hey just sent over proof. the department of transportation document proving it is in his name and that it is u s legal.

YokotaS13
11-17-2006, 01:21 AM
it is a JDM VIN.
SKylines start with ECR, BNR etc etc

det kid
11-17-2006, 03:57 AM
poor kid will lose all his money

1439/2000
11-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Whats the deal man? Are you for real, or just playing?

No, I'm not for real. If you can buy a used Skyline GT-R cheaper than the price of a new Chevy Aveo......I mean does that sound realistic?

Mr_Mischif
11-17-2006, 08:42 AM
No, I'm not for real. If you can buy a used Skyline GT-R cheaper than the price of a new Chevy Aveo......I mean does that sound realistic?

Truer words have never been spoken.

Blitanicle99
11-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Ten four to that. But I appreciate all the help guys. I was trying to help the guy and I honestly just got to a point where I am out of my league... IA to the rescue!

Sayajin
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
it is a JDM VIN.
SKylines start with ECR, BNR etc etc

..... come on man. Its statements like the above one that get people screwed.

1FMRY125422222212

Its 17 digits with the correct starting numbers... does that mean it is real?

I told the kid the vin ITSELF is not real.... not that it does not have the correct number of digits... Nissan itself says the vin is invalid.

-Sayajin

RBpoweredSileighty
11-17-2006, 03:13 PM
nissan does not lie..

Blitanicle99
11-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Sayajin does not lie... either ha

personA(Sky)
11-19-2006, 08:24 PM
alright, so ive pretty much established that it is a scam. now, im trying to decide between a new GTO or a S14/S15. what do you guys think?

RBpoweredSileighty
11-19-2006, 09:19 PM
s15 with s15 jdm headlamps

sean8564
12-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Well All i HAve to say is the VIN is a Real JDM VIN and the car from the VIN number is A 2002

Sayajin
12-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Well All i HAve to say is the VIN is a Real JDM VIN and the car from the VIN number is A 2002

I see why you are in the red.....

shhhh. Idiots shouldnt speak.

-Sayajin

TIGERJC
12-25-2006, 07:39 AM
No wonder the Nigerian scam works so damn good, america is full with dumbasses

Krappy
12-25-2006, 11:15 AM
No wonder the Nigerian scam works so damn good, america is full with dumbasses
LOL!