PDA

View Full Version : This is for the idiots of IA...

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM
That would willingly spend over a grand for a PS3...or any gaming sytem for that matter. Just one question:

Why?

Why in the hail is it that fucking important to get this thing and spend that much money on nothing that will improve your life? Is it to try and be the first to have one? Will you get some sort of award? Will anyone even know? Will anyone even care? I just can't see the justification of spending that kind of money. Later, QD.

Julio
11-15-2006, 06:52 PM
:lmfao:

Tracy
11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I heard on the news that they haveproblems with the PS3 already.

§treet_§peed
11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
lol Xbox360>PS3 it's because of Halo...:D

PhAtBoYMr2
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
if i get a ps3 i will get more pussy.

RandomGuy
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
some ppl got money like that ;)

even if they dont i guess its different tastes. Like your car for example... I'm sure you get this alot, "you have a decent paying job, why the fuck are you getting something that old and ugly".... Its a matter of taste ya know you'd rather spend your money on that.

I get the same thing... with the 79 corolla.. my moms like get that out of the drive way or sell it, people are gonna think we're ghetto/broke. (this type of car is like all they have in pakistan pretty much, to this day... due to embargos/etc new cars cost like $300k and no old cars were able to be imported and the ones that are there are there...etc/etc )

well side point, i wouldn't mind paying $$ for certain things others would find pointless... thats a matter of taste ;)

no offense should be taken, Q

LS2ner
11-15-2006, 06:58 PM
PS3's are the shit! I spent $1100 on mine! I dont like 360's cause i suck at halo...and life..

lolz

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Hassan. That's why I asked each one why. But I realize what you're saying. Later, QD.

Hektik
11-15-2006, 07:09 PM
i know a few guys who have been camping out front of a circuit city since last night waiting for it to come out on friday.

Brady
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
well ps3 does have blue ray dvd technology which most just standard blue ray dvd players are already >1k

RandomGuy
11-15-2006, 07:12 PM
i know a few guys who have been camping out front of a circuit city since last night waiting for it to come out on friday.i heard ur bro was camping at stone mtn best buy

Hektik
11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
i heard ur bro was camping at stone mtn best buy
naw hes at the cc on venture

RandomGuy
11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
naw hes at the cc on venturelol doens't he work there?

Brett
11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Mike, so why are they as you say "Idiots"? If they have the money to spend, and thats what makes them happy, why are they idiots? Do I agree with spending $1500+ on a video game system that in 3 months you can buy at cost? No, But that doesnt make them idiots, Thats what they want, if it makes them happy?

Thats like doing anything to a car, we spend literally THOUSANDS in custom parts, body, paint, wheels, etc.....

Get my drift? :D

Its all the same.

Mr_Mischif
11-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Mike, so why are they as you say "Idiots"? If they have the money to spend, and thats what makes them happy, why are they idiots? Do I agree with spending $1500+ on a video game system that in 3 months you can buy at cost? No, But that doesnt make them idiots, Thats what they want, if it makes them happy?

Thats like doing anything to a car, we spend literally THOUSANDS in custom parts, body, paint, wheels, etc.....

Get my drift? :D

Its all the same.

AND BERT WITH THE NON-REPOSTED SAVE!!!

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Mike, so why are they as you say "Idiots"?

Because that's how I see it? Later, QD.

Vteckidd
11-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Im a business man. To me, purchasing one to make TRIPLE the profit before xmas, is smart.

but paying $1500 for a system that has a MSRP of $699. Or, waiting in line for 3 days for a video game system, no. not me.

I would LOVE to have one, im sure its going to be the next best thing since sliced bread. But i have patience, an i can wait

But, if Metal Gear Solid 4 was coming out with it, i might have waited in line LOL.

SloWRX
11-15-2006, 08:14 PM
oo +reps for u QD

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Im a business man. To me, purchasing one to make TRIPLE the profit before xmas, is smart.

Ok. But I am talking about the people who are buying this for you to make your profit. The ones who are willing to spend $1,000 just to have it RIGHT NOW. Is that person going to die if they don't wait a couple of months for the "hype" to go down?

im sure its going to be the next best thing since sliced bread.

That's a lot of confidence in a gaming system. I don't know that I could ever say that about one of these, lolol. Later, QD.

MongolPup
11-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't understand why paying 400+ is worth having it a couple of months before other people. Also, never know whats going down with the first gen. I bought a gamecube on release day (runs to this day) but I waited on the PS2 and Xbox....and therefore managed to avoid the overheating PS2 and the faulty drive xbox.

green91
11-15-2006, 08:39 PM
ill wait til after the new year.. actually i probably wont buy one until the next gran turismo comes out.

Z33_kid
11-15-2006, 08:47 PM
interesting thread well im not gettin one to expensive for me lol

eViLMunkey
11-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I want to get one then re-sell them

ShooterMcGavin
11-16-2006, 08:50 AM
never spent more than 200 on a system, and don't plan on ever spending more than 300 for a system. but like brett said, diff strokes for diff folks.

ahmonrah
11-16-2006, 09:06 AM
like all the other console releases, since nintendo...i have no need to rush to be the first person to own any console, besides the prices have always been exorbitant. i'll wait til the guinea pigs purchase them and soon to be apparent bugs to be discovered and resolved. but, my brother has prepayed for one and i'll be with him to get it. i dont know, if you want it bad enough, gone 'head!

Sammich
11-16-2006, 09:20 AM
GEEKS AND NERDS

Jimmy B
11-16-2006, 10:12 AM
well ps3 does have blue ray dvd technology which most just standard blue ray dvd players are already >1k

true,.. but blueray dvd's are liek 50 bucks a piece,... and its NOT that much better than a highquality regular dvd... plus, if you got good stuff like i do,.. its allll good!

blacknightteg
11-16-2006, 10:14 AM
That would willingly spend over a grand for a PS3...or any gaming sytem for that matter. Just one question:

Why?

Why in the hail is it that fucking important to get this thing and spend that much money on nothing that will improve your life? Is it to try and be the first to have one? Will you get some sort of award? Will anyone even know? Will anyone even care? I just can't see the justification of spending that kind of money. Later, QD.

because they know they cant be as cool as you.....so they do what they can to try. which is very little apparently

BluesClues
11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
I shall agree with QD on this one. To me it is stupid to wait days in line for a system that costs as much as a down payment on a car when in like 3 or 4 months the price will drop. You are paying more than what it is worth. I mean are people that boring and really have no life that they will spend thousands of dollars so they can sit at home playing games?! That is ridiculous to me. At least when I spend money on my car, my car get me places. Spending money on a game system, what can it do for you? But whatever floats their boats! :dunno:

Sammich
11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
give u relief when ur gurl is all n ya ass