PDA

View Full Version : I need a JOB!!!

Mr2InSaNe
06-04-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm 17 and I need a job. I want a full time job for the summer. Turning 18 in sept. Want atleast $7 and more per hour. Any suggestions around lawrencville ???

Negrodamus
06-04-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm 17 and I need a job. I want a full time job for the summer. Turning 18 in sept. Want atleast $7 and more per hour. Any suggestions around lawrencville ???
Would you like fries with that???

chuck
06-04-2005, 09:42 PM
how about try to go get one...my mom told me i had to have a job by next week, i went out thursday and walked in and talked to a guy for maybe 15 minutes max; i start monday.

if you really need money then who cares what you do...bag grogeries at kroger or publix, work at that car wash by berkmar or off sugarloaf and old norcross (i think both start around 9/hr but you don't work if its raining), chick-fil-a dwarf house is always hiring and you can wait tables there and walk home with $30-40 bucks in your pocket and still have a little pay check on top of that each week, they are almost always hiring anyone who is just a hard worker. best buy, circuit city, the mall....just get some info together on a piece of paper like a mini resume. just have your past work experience, available hours (be as flexable as you can) and refrences with name and phone number (no family, try to get 3 or 4 people you have known a while who you think truly respect your work ethics). take a little extra time getting ready one day, throw on some clean jeans (no rips or the abercrombie grass stain shit) and a polo shirt and just hit the stores...either get all the applications you can and fill them out at home or just fill them out and try to talk with someone if you can, ask them when you might hear from them. each time you leave a store try to get the name of the person you talked to, if you call back or visit the store again just remember the name and say something like "i was in here the other day and spoke with XXXXX about getting a job doing XXXXXXXX for you guy, i was just wondering if you knew anymore about the job or if it has been filled, blah blah blah"...just remember your P's and Q's. you'll get a job, anyone who says they can't get a job just doesn't want to work hard enough.

ruah_23
06-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Go to QT.I saw them posters that they are hiring.....Or pUblix.

rickgiblin
06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
i think you gotta be 18 for QT but i know i just got a job about a week ago up at lake lanier islands for lifeguard and i know they still had a butt load more of jobs

ruah_23
06-05-2005, 11:12 AM
i think you gotta be 18 for QT but i know i just got a job about a week ago up at lake lanier islands for lifeguard and i know they still had a butt load more of jobs

How do you aplply there??:confused:

mp5o
06-05-2005, 05:03 PM
u have to be 16 to work at QT. They start at 8.25 an hour. They're always hiring. You have to go in... Grab an app... Fill it out... Turn it in at thier head quarters.... The location of the headquarters will be on the back of the app. Good luck.

Z33_kid
06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
yea same here i been lookin for a job haha ima try qt if its 16 the publix round my place wont hire at 16 the manager is racist

A1EX
06-05-2005, 07:21 PM
i need a job too

quickdodgeŽ
06-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Why don't you grab a newspaper and try searching for one instead of searching IA for it? Seems like a more productive way to get a job. Most employers want to see initiative. Actually getting up from the computer desk, getting in your car, driving to a prospective employer, and asking about a job shows initiative. Sitting in front of the computer, looking for jobs online shows laziness. Later, QD.

Bishop
06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
^^true

ruah_23
06-05-2005, 11:24 PM
yea same here i been lookin for a job haha ima try qt if its 16 the publix round my place wont hire at 16 the manager is racist

than try other publix.I don't see how child labor can be compared to racism?:confused:

Marta Mike
06-06-2005, 06:36 AM
i worked in the publix backery when i was 16 lol

civic95
06-06-2005, 07:05 AM
Steak & Shake in Cumming is hiring or so their sign says

Crowml
06-06-2005, 10:14 AM
how about try to go get one...my mom told me i had to have a job by next week, i went out thursday and walked in and talked to a guy for maybe 15 minutes max; i start monday.

if you really need money then who cares what you do...bag grogeries at kroger or publix, work at that car wash by berkmar or off sugarloaf and old norcross (i think both start around 9/hr but you don't work if its raining), chick-fil-a dwarf house is always hiring and you can wait tables there and walk home with $30-40 bucks in your pocket and still have a little pay check on top of that each week, they are almost always hiring anyone who is just a hard worker. best buy, circuit city, the mall....just get some info together on a piece of paper like a mini resume. just have your past work experience, available hours (be as flexable as you can) and refrences with name and phone number (no family, try to get 3 or 4 people you have known a while who you think truly respect your work ethics). take a little extra time getting ready one day, throw on some clean jeans (no rips or the abercrombie grass stain shit) and a polo shirt and just hit the stores...either get all the applications you can and fill them out at home or just fill them out and try to talk with someone if you can, ask them when you might hear from them. each time you leave a store try to get the name of the person you talked to, if you call back or visit the store again just remember the name and say something like "i was in here the other day and spoke with XXXXX about getting a job doing XXXXXXXX for you guy, i was just wondering if you knew anymore about the job or if it has been filled, blah blah blah"...just remember your P's and Q's. you'll get a job, anyone who says they can't get a job just doesn't want to work hard enough.

Props on the most honest and well written response I've seen in a long time. Way to cut right through the BS! :goodjob:
Some good advice here, all you looking for a job, open an ear to those wise tips.

civic95
06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
You can try the paper, ajcjobs.com or monster.com. However more jobs are landed by knowing someone, than filling out applications. When you fill out an application, or fax a resume your playing employee lottery. You have to hope they pull yours out of the stack of hundreds, if not thousands. When we post a job on Computerjobs.com we get 300-500 resumes. We don't have time to read them all, much less interview them all. We pull 10 randomly out of the stack, look those over, and narrow it down to 5 to interview. Nothing wrong with him coming in here, and asking thats what this Business Forum is for.

quickdodgeŽ
06-06-2005, 01:27 PM
You can try the paper, ajcjobs.com or monster.com. However more jobs are landed by knowing someone, than filling out applications. When you fill out an application, or fax a resume your playing employee lottery. You have to hope they pull yours out of the stack of hundreds, if not thousands.

That's where part two comes in. Another thing employers like is persistance. Shows you're willing to work. After a couple of days and you haven't heard from them, call them. Go up there. Follow up on your shit. That could be your money someone will be taking home because you got lost in the pile. Don't wait for them to call you.

Ruah 23 has a quote in his signature that sums it all up. Written by a wise dude. Later, QD.

Bishop
06-06-2005, 01:29 PM
^^lol i tired that. went back to the place everyother day for 2 weeks and i didnt get shit. I guess they didnt like me or something. lol maybe i over did it.

civic95
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
^^lol i tired that. went back to the place everyother day for 2 weeks and i didnt get shit. I guess they didnt like me or something. lol maybe i over did it.

They were afraid if you ever ended up fired you would keep coming back, and cause a scene.

quickdodgeŽ
06-06-2005, 04:12 PM
^^^ Lolol. Later, QD.

luvleexcivic
06-14-2005, 01:38 PM
i figure you had to be atleast 21 to work at a gastation because of the alcohol ... because aint it wierd for a 18 years old to sell a 21+ some alcohol .. either that or they just dont wanna hire asian peoples

Z33_kid
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
u can sell it u just cant drink it i tink either way theyll let u work there with permission or just go to those middle eastern people gas stations theyll hire u they dont care if u sell it or not lol

BLk92DA
06-14-2005, 06:45 PM
go work as a pizza delivery guy. i use to work there and the average tip u make is around $30-$50 a night. The most i ever made in 6 hours was $170. It all depends on how many deliveries u take, so if u have a fast car and can get the modafocken pizza to the customer quick, they'll tip u good. And on top of that, u get paid hourly bi-weekly. gas? i drive an accord and i use less than half a tank a week cause u stay in ur own area. think u have to b @ least 18 tho, and have a valid ga license w/ insurance. great job for a nub. :goodjob:

SL65AMG
06-18-2005, 12:09 PM
pizza delivery makes mad cash...my friend did it one night a week and made like 50-70 bux every time....( he also worked inside)