PDA

View Full Version : Misc CRASH...Whoa

LaurenK
06-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Has anyone seen this Movie??? Saw it last night...very fucked up plot. Basically it shows like 6 different scene's with "different" people and it comes down in the end how they are all connected. Very Racially motivated movie...IMO the stereotypes portrayed in this movie were some what altered, because some of the things that were said, don't happen everyday. People don't think about Race 24/7, which was basically all every character in the movie thought about AND spoke about. Awesome actors in this movie (A lot) of them.
Sandra Bullock
Brendan Frasier
Ryan Phillipe
Ludacris
The guy from "something's about Mary" (the PI)
Tony Danza
A lot of other's THAT I know their faces, but couldn't tell u their names~
Overall, I honestly don't know if I'd recommend it. I still can't figure out what I think about it!

Dragonfly5338
06-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Ryan Phillipe is H - O - T.

greenturbo
06-04-2005, 09:06 PM
It looks like it compares to the movie Traffic, which I thought it was pretty good,I wanna see Crash though.

LaurenK
06-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Well, it's really slow in the beginning, so expect that...

FrnkPwrs
06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
The reason that it had a large focus on race was because it was a movie about racism. Racism actually does happen everyday, and thats what I think the movie was trying to point out. There were characters who were not racist, but definately were affected by it [i.e. ryan philippes character] and character who were directly discriminated against. I think its a pretty good movie, but it was just marketted vaguely so people didnt really know what it was about.

kilpatty43
06-06-2005, 01:49 PM
ive heard its an awesome movie...i need to go see it

LaurenK
06-06-2005, 03:13 PM
The reason that it had a large focus on race was because it was a movie about racism. Racism actually does happen everyday, and thats what I think the movie was trying to point out. There were characters who were not racist, but definately were affected by it [i.e. ryan philippes character] and character who were directly discriminated against. I think its a pretty good movie, but it was just marketted vaguely so people didnt really know what it was about.
I think I got the point that it was about Racism after I saw it. I didn't know anything about the movie, I was just along for the ride. We all know that their are a lot of people who are racist in this world, but what I was saying was that it was very altered in the way it was presented...I didn't like some of the stereotypes that were portrayed within the plot; some of it was "very" exaggerated. For instance at the beginning when Ludacris was saying: "see, look at that white woman, she see's us black men and gives off a vibe that she's scared because we look hard." Or something like that. Not everyone looks at situations that way, I don't...and I know most of my friends don't. Another instance, when Sandra Bullock was saying that "the spanish guy" was probably a gang member and going to go sell her key to his gang-banger friends. Not everyone reacts that way...Now, that I think about it, I just didn't like it. There was one part where country music was said to be about "hanging" the black race, and other racial propoganda...(I hate country Music), but if you turn on a "country" station, not one song is even mentioning race... or anything to do with such terrible things. None the less, it's my opinion... :2cents:
Definition of a Racist: Believing "your" own race is superior to all other's.
Definition of a Bigit: Hating someone because they are of a particular race. A lot of people get these terms confused.

Kevykev
06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
^ you mean racist "superior" not "inferior" right? lol

So basically, is it worth checkin' out?

LaurenK
06-06-2005, 03:51 PM
OOPS! Fixed, you knew what I meant!

carrascopa
06-06-2005, 05:26 PM
i got this on dvd ( bootleg ) and havent had time to watch it yet

CMO
06-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I have it too I'll check it out later tonight.

FrnkPwrs
06-09-2005, 12:39 PM
I think I got the point that it was about Racism after I saw it. I didn't know anything about the movie, I was just along for the ride. We all know that their are a lot of people who are racist in this world, but what I was saying was that it was very altered in the way it was presented...I didn't like some of the stereotypes that were portrayed within the plot; some of it was "very" exaggerated. For instance at the beginning when Ludacris was saying: "see, look at that white woman, she see's us black men and gives off a vibe that she's scared because we look hard." Or something like that. Not everyone looks at situations that way, I don't...and I know most of my friends don't. Another instance, when Sandra Bullock was saying that "the spanish guy" was probably a gang member and going to go sell her key to his gang-banger friends. Not everyone reacts that way...Now, that I think about it, I just didn't like it. There was one part where country music was said to be about "hanging" the black race, and other racial propoganda...(I hate country Music), but if you turn on a "country" station, not one song is even mentioning race... or anything to do with such terrible things. None the less, it's my opinion... :2cents:
Definition of a Racist: Believing "your" own race is superior to all other's.
Definition of a Bigit: Hating someone because they are of a particular race. A lot of people get these terms confused.

I feel you, but the reason it was like that was for plots sake. How can you have a movie that talks about racism with no racist comments? Its a movie with a fabricated plot, I wouldnt read too deep into it. Its like reading too deep into FastNFurious becuase it makes undercover cops look like they could get away with giving a car to a criminal. It was a movie which needed fictitious events in order to make the plot look stronger. If it was a drama, not a documentary.

verash
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
American History X is a good movie too