PDA

View Full Version : Cop Kills Innocent Woman??

Bishop
03-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Did anyone else hear about a cop chasing an escaped convict from Florida and lost control of his car and ran into an innocent lady killing here? I saw it on the news last night. Anybody know the whole story to this or is that it? Would the family of the woman be able to sue the police??

Macro
03-10-2005, 10:12 AM
yeah.. big time...

Bishop
03-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Ok...i didn't know cause i guess he had his lights and siren on...and i figured that the cops would say that she didn't yield or something

kilpatty43
03-10-2005, 10:14 AM
yeah ir ead about it yesterday...so sad...

Kermit
03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
An investigation into the accident is pending. The latest update on the case is leaning towards the officer, as there appears to be no negligence on his part. Once the investigation is complete, and assuming that the officer was not negligent, the ex-con can be charged with murder along with a slew of other charges related to his escape, vehicle theft, evasion, flight, etc.

Bishop
03-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah...i knew the cop wouldn't get any blame

civic95
03-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Hard to take sides. Should the cop of just let the guy go? He initiated the chase so the suspect should take blame. Of course I'm sure Ford will be sued for the cop car loosing control by family members:jerkit: along with the police district. It is time cop cars get changed or get suspension upgrades. You hear about them loosing control about once a month. Well they are driving 4000lb boats.

HyPer50
03-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I thought Florida police could no longer be involved in high speed pursuits? But anyways, I dont doubt it... watching some of these chases, you just know atleast rarely the cops have to hit innocent folks. Shoot, me and my friend were riding around out by Kennestone hospital when his dad was in the ER, and a cop just came flying out a side street and came INCHES from smashing into us.. luckily my friend was on speed and his superhuman reflexes allowed him to swurve out of the way. Then the cop had the balls to park behind an eckerds dumpster and get his flashlight out like he was doin' his job... lol sorry.. Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a rambler.

Kevykev
03-10-2005, 01:00 PM
The Risks we all take in life...

Bring It!!
03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
The cop will walk away scott free as always and he will let the other guy take the rap for it. Figures. Anyway yes as stated earlier under Florida statues FHP or and Local jurisdiction cannot lawfully engage in a high speed persuit. But again that never stopped them from chasing me on my bike and diliberately try to make me crash!

Cliff
03-10-2005, 06:50 PM
time for the ladies family to sue anyone and everyone they can for millions of dollars for "pain and suffering"

Brett
03-10-2005, 07:28 PM
The cop will walk away scott free as always and he will let the other guy take the rap for it. Figures.

So is it the cops fault that the convict escaped prision, stole a car, and made the cop start a high speed chase? I dont think so... But as usaul people love to blame a cop for everything when in fact it was the guy he was going afters fault.

Bishop
03-10-2005, 11:10 PM
ok....but the cop shouldnt been driving out of his limits...It's unsafe and unfair to the public

Oh and I think it was a georgia state trooper...not sure though.

chrisdavis
03-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Carrol county has a procedure for initiating a high speed pursuit. The officer followed all proper procedures. He was not negligent and has been cleared by the investigators. As far as suing I dont think the family will be able to sue the police dept. but I could be wrong.