PDA

View Full Version : Are Better Looking people More successfull in Life???

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Just curious your thoughts on this as repeadly I have heard this discusion and with the current demographics on IA. I would love to hear some thoughts on the subgect..

hemi
11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Yes, they are...

Nemesis
11-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Of course they are.

Halfwit
yes, partly because of looks, but also confidence.

Sammich
yea its common knowledge, they get better deals too

Ran
11-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm ugly as hell. That's why I'm lower-middle class. :(

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 09:11 AM
http://fr.gizmodo.com/Bill%20Gates.jpg
Bill Gates - 1 of the wealthiest men alive

??????????????????????

Yall sure about that

Halfwit

??????????????????????

Yall sure about that
hot.

Sammich

??????????????????????

Yall sure about that

he's a nerd..:doh:

2.0civic
11-14-2006, 09:13 AM
bill gates also doesnt have a degree so you can apply the "does a degree make you $$$" scenario here too

Sammich
bill gates also doesnt have a degree so you can apply the "does a degree make you $$$" scenario here too

x2 i forgot to mention that

hemi

??????????????????????

Yall sure about that

Exception to the rule...

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 09:14 AM
but is he not a successfull man that really is not "good looking". Some of the wealthiest People in the world are not good looking howqever all advertising tells us that you must look a certain way before you will be successfull.

4dmin
11-14-2006, 09:14 AM
WRONG.

i would say the most brightest are never beautiful: Trump, Gates, Oprah, etc.

now the thing w/ beautiful people alot of time especially w/ men is they are confident; but being over confident does leave you quite vulnerable sometimes to people smarter then you; who see right through your BS.

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 09:18 AM
WRONG.

now the thing w/ beautiful people alot of time especially w/ men is they are confident; but being over confident does leave you quite vulnerable sometimes to people smarter then you; who see right through your BS.

:bow:

hemi
11-14-2006, 09:18 AM
but is he not a successfull man that really is not "good looking". Some of the wealthiest People in the world are not good looking howqever all advertising tells us that you must look a certain way before you will be successfull.

It is not a requirement, but it helps. A lot of times success is selling yourself. In big business, it takes confidence. If you know that you are good looking, then it comes through.
It also can be a handicap as well. If you are "pitching" whatever to a couple, the guy will feel the need to assert himself cause he sees his wife drooling...
It helps... Not always, but more times than not it helps...

man
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I think it's actually the opposite. More successful people can afford better services...

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Now, I throw this at you What is Success? Money,Health,Happiness, Carrer Goals..

Sammich
11-14-2006, 09:37 AM
the way u were talkin about i was figuring money...BUT success is happiness w/o a question

4dmin
11-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Now, I throw this at you What is Success? Money,Health,Happiness, Carrer Goals..

Success is all of those things... you can't be a successful doctor making 30k a year can you? you can't be a successful teacher being a substitute? ;)

ShooterMcGavin
11-14-2006, 09:46 AM
u have to acknowledge that looks are often tied to ones self image and self confidence, the latter of which is easily seen by others.

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 10:01 AM
I think that success ius measured in one's self.

ShooterMcGavin
11-14-2006, 10:06 AM
^^^think that's only 1 way it's measured.

TeeJay
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
HECK NALL ARE YOU KIDIDNG ME!!! im ugly as fuck and im BAAAAALLLLIIIIIIIIN!!!!! its all about attitude and how well you sell yourself. look at bill gates, and like paul said, the donald...theyre ugly too but they get all the dough

man
11-14-2006, 10:19 AM

Depends COMPLETELY on the person. Success is achieving the goals you set for yourself whether your goal is money, a certain job, working for yourself, etc.

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I think its just how good one person is at something. The better you are at something, the more succesful.

R3RUN
11-14-2006, 12:27 PM
HECK NALL ARE YOU KIDIDNG ME!!! im ugly as fuck and im BAAAAALLLLIIIIIIIIN!!!!! its all about attitude and how well you sell yourself. look at bill gates, and like paul said, the donald...theyre ugly too but they get all the dough

And how many people did they screw over to get it? I think it depends alot on what your physical characteristics are, the way you think, and the unfortunate ability to screw over the right people at the right times. Of course that brings great success. Other people have good minds for what they do and achieve success without screwing over anybody, so it depends on the situation.

R3RUN
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
I think its just how good one person is at something. The better you are at something, the more succesful.

Exception: Acting.

TeeJay
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
who did bill and the donald screw over??

TheSnail
11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
It depends on the job. Like, a fat ugly chick will not do so well in modeling, but the fat ugly chick may be a hell of an accountant.

TeeJay
11-14-2006, 12:32 PM
It depends on the job. Like, a fat ugly chick will not do so well in modeling, but the fat ugly chick may be a hell of an accountant.
but will the male employer give the fat ugly chick the job when theres a skinny fine chick in the running as well?? hmmmmmmmmmmm :goodjob:

TheSnail
11-14-2006, 12:37 PM
HAHAHA! I'd give the job to the fine skinny chick as well lol. Damn I feel like a bastard now.

Tasuki_Civic
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
WRONG.

i have to say something about that. shes actually pretty. she mabye a lil heavy set but shes pretty.

in alot of business that ive been in and others that i know of its all about looks. if you cant dress nice, smell good, and have confidence then you cant make it that far unless you go by your own rules and are extremely creative with your work or hobbies

TheSnail
11-14-2006, 12:45 PM
The best is the SNL skits where oprah turns in to a monster with long nails and starts killing people.

R3RUN
11-14-2006, 01:05 PM
who did bill and the donald screw over??

Bill fucked over the guy who went on to start apple if I remember right. And donald is big on real estate, I gurantee hes fucked over alot of former property owners and plenty of buisness people on his way to the top.

Kyle
11-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Depends, sometimes just because they had a rich as father and a trophy wife mom. Thus they are good looking and possibly smart. But hell if I were in an upper level management position I would hire hot bitches all the time regardless of qualifications.

Kyle
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Bill fucked over the guy who went on to start apple if I remember right. And donald is big on real estate, I gurantee hes fucked over alot of former property owners and plenty of buisness people on his way to the top.

Trumps about to fuck over atlanta as he is rumored to be building a tower downtown. This will cause other real estate prices to go down, what a bitch.

Brandon C
11-14-2006, 01:15 PM
first Trump building in Atlanta is Tru..

Secondly I would Hire the Most qualified person. Just cause there hot does not make them good actually it makes them more of a distraction to others. Now I married Hott not ugly....Thats just my choice..

TeeJay
11-14-2006, 01:18 PM
first Trump building in Atlanta is Tru..

Secondly I would Hire the Most qualified person. Just cause there hot does not make them good actually it makes them more of a distraction to others. Now I married Hott not ugly....Thats just my choice..
haha good shit ron :goodjob:

Julio
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
i have to say something about that. shes actually pretty. she mabye a lil heavy set but shes pretty.

in alot of business that ive been in and others that i know of its all about looks. if you cant dress nice, smell good, and have confidence then you cant make it that far unless you go by your own rules and are extremely creative with your work or hobbies

are you crazy ? Oprah is one ugly lady. Now, money makes her hot, no doubt. :goodjob:

Kyle
11-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't think even money can make Oprah hot.

Wurm
11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
gates stole all his money so he doesnt pertain to the convo

DeutscheBAG!
11-14-2006, 09:11 PM

??????????????????????

Yall sure about that

he's rich and white

he can pretty much do anything. ;)