PDA

View Full Version : 14 over in the state of georgia...

EvasiveEF9
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Curious if anyone knows the law on this, but I thought Ga State Law says that anyone under 21 with a ticket of 14mph over OR LESS is assessed NO points...and 15+ over IS assessed points.

Please, no flaming...I'm not denying the fact I was speeding or deserve a ticket, but I just thought 14 over was assessed no points...or am I wrong?

2.0civic
11-13-2006, 12:56 PM
speeding is speeding....hell i plead no lo and got points but it doesnt matter...my 22 over when i was 18 only made my insurance $26 and some change higher a month

hemi
11-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Not sure if the age plays a factor, but I do know that you get no points for less than 15miles over...

ShooterMcGavin
11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
age doesn't matter, it's 14 or under and u shouldn't get points

PhAtBoYMr2
11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
pay a fine....thats it. No points

gtikid
11-13-2006, 01:03 PM
No points, I got one too not too long ago hehe...

EvasiveEF9
11-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Gay, I called the court's clerk today to pay the ticket of 14 over and she was like "it's 196$ and points will be assessed". I was like "WHAT!?!?" Then the lady became an ass about it, and I was like "Well, I would like to get a postponement" she was like "Well, what's your reason" I was like "Uh, I'm a military student and I don't have enough time to prepare, I've never heard that points were assessed for a 14mph over ticket" and she was liek "You have to have a reason". I said "Ma'am, according to Ga state law, I'm allowed to have one postponement with no questions asked" and she was like "Oh, so you've done this alot, hold on *click*" (put me on hold)

What a bitch...Alpharetta can suck my nuts! All I wanted to do was call and pay my damn fine!

ShooterMcGavin
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
maybe she's on drugs, u should call and complain about her attitude :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
maybe she's on drugs, u should call and complain about her attitude :goodjob:
Should have gotten her name...but dude, I wasn't rude or a dick at all! I'm like shit, if you hate your job that much, then quit! :lmfao:

I thought about at the end being like "And ma'am, I would like to request you retract your statement about how many times I've "done this" as I'm studying pre-law and criminal justice and have been for a while in addition to being highly involved in the automotive world where knowing the law is a requirement and it's sad that I know the law better than you do when you work for the legal system and are paid by my tax dollars for doing government work."

But then I remembered the last time I fucked with the legal system I got screwed and decided it just wouldn't even be worth it.

Leadfoot_mf
11-13-2006, 01:36 PM
^^^that was funny

EvasiveEF9
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
^^^that was funny
LoL, reps are welcome...

Yeah, but I just didn't wanna get screwed. Cuz knowing my luck, I know SOMEHOW she would be related to the judge or prosecutor overseeing my citation and would have me somehow marked down for battery on the officer and randomly having a missle launcher in my back seat which means I'm a terrorist and I'd be in prison for life. Personally, I don't wanna spend my life asking the gaurd if I can get on the internet to check for pictures of events happening on importatlanta, LoL.

:police: