PDA

View Full Version : NITROUS (NOS) REVIEW

BABY J
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I have never had a problem with Holley products. As a kid I watched my dad use them religiously. But I do not suggest the NOS purge switch (momentary). In a years time I have burned through 3 of these in 2 different cars. Also when I was moving parts I sent at least 3 of them back to NOS from customers who wanted the MFG warranty.

I think it was designed (ORIGINALLY) to only be armed when the arming switch is activated. However with the popularity of gas, and the "purge only" or "show kits" NOS needed the schematics to allow for a "direct" hot connection so you can purge independanty of the NOS & FUEL solenoids being armed. At the end of the day I think that this switch is underengineered for a constant positive batt source and the contacts burnout prematurely. I replaced it this time w/ a NAPA heavy duty momentary and have had no issues.

NOS PART NUMBER: 15610NOS

LS2ner
11-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Excellant review.

BABY J
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Excellant review.

Short and sweet. :) But I do think it's important... I intentionally only wanted to use NOS gear in my kits so if I ever sold them it wouldn't be a "mutt" system. That switch though (pretty expensive too for a switch) is sub-standard. Thanx again.

§treet_§peed
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
hey bro in the new D-sport magizine they have sort of a break down of every wet and dry Nitrous system out on the market right now...and the new HKS turbo i wanted to bust a nut on lol

LS2ner
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM
im debating on whether i wanna hook up some spray "for fun" when my new motors done.

§treet_§peed
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
just a get a small 75 shot of dry or some where along 50 of wet wet for fun lol

Annihilation
11-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Umm the switch would have worked fine if u just used a Relay with it

BABY J
11-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Umm the switch would have worked fine if u just used a Relay with it

Doesn't matter if you use a relay or not. Install it per the schematic and you will burn through them. I am speaking from experience and wouldn't try to put a national dealer on the spot w/out being sure.

slowrolla97
11-13-2006, 04:35 AM
great review :goodjob: +1

Z U L8R
11-13-2006, 06:55 AM
really though if you put a relay on it, the switch wouldn't burn out. by having the switch hot all the time yeah it'll burn out, if you ground that switch, and when the switch is on it completes the ground which then gives a relay a ground to complete the circuit. the switch would never burn, the relay may a long ways down the road just like any relay can potentially burn...but you'd have 97% less problems, if everything was operated solely by switches in your car your stuff would always short out, but cars have relays for this very reason.

BABY J
11-13-2006, 06:59 AM
I know how relays work, and why they are industry standard. You are not listening. The schematic calls for a relay. :) The relay has and always was in place and functioning properly. The switch is substandard. ;) I had customers report the same thing, as well as my own experience.

Kyle
11-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Good review.

Z U L8R
11-13-2006, 10:17 AM
k :D