PDA

View Full Version : What makes the suspension bouncy?

BimmerMan
11-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Well I just bought a 96 Accord couple and it has Skunk2 Coilovers w/ agx shocks on it. It feels great as long as there are no bumps. It's really bouncy. Is it the shocks or the springs that cause this? Any recommendations as to what to replace it with? Thanks

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 10:35 PM
nah your good..when you lower your car it tends to be really responsive like that...

mp5o
11-10-2006, 12:43 AM
^LOL. I hope you're being sarcastic...

...Blown shocks are a probable cause.

BimmerMan
11-10-2006, 04:33 AM
nah your good..when you lower your car it tends to be really responsive like that...

that's not responsiveness... that's just Bouncy!! I just put coilovers on a BMW last week lowered more than my accord and it still felt smooth.

yerrow
11-10-2006, 05:17 AM
^LOL. I hope you're being sarcastic...

...Blown shocks are a probable cause.

no he just talks out of his ass when he doesn't have the knowledge to answer a question but he still tries to make it up.

blown shocks, bad spring rates, under dampened combined with bad spring rates, etc

Nemesis
11-10-2006, 06:45 AM
You're just feeling JDM bounce

Annihilation
11-10-2006, 09:04 AM
no he just talks out of his ass when he doesn't have the knowledge to answer a question but he still tries to make it up.

blown shocks, bad spring rates, under dampened combined with bad spring rates, etc

yea i noticed that shit too....lol

yea more llkely a bad shock or prolly knock off sk2 coilovers...where did u get them adn were the shocks new?

imbosile
11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
probably blown shocks, i put lowering springs on my car, and it was awesome until a few months later when the shocks wore out. now my car is bouncy as shit, i need to get some agx's.

1SICKLEX
11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Also what is the spring rate of your springs. People just think putting a car on springs and shocks= better handling/ride. If the spring rate is the same as stock, your car will be lower, but ride like stock, i.e bouncy.
Firmer springs with a higher spring rate= less bouncy.

Also, you might need upgraded sway bars/and other suspension pieces to make it all feel better.

yudalicious
11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
sometimes people confuse bouncy w/ a car being really aggresively damped. if you car oscilates after bumps and feels unsettled, that's bouncy. if you car makes one hard up/down motion (only 1 hard bounce, if you will), that's the damping. Either way, most people on here can't tell one from the others and just pull shit out of their asses and repeat what they read online. Turn down damping on the AGX and see if it helps, check the ride height to see if it's ridiculously low, and then the conditions of the shocks.

§treet_§peed
11-11-2006, 12:37 AM

blown shocks, bad spring rates, under dampened combined with bad spring rates, etc wow so you must be mr. genouis huh? have you heard of this thing called sarcasm? :goodjob:

Five*Star*
11-11-2006, 12:48 AM
sometimes people confuse bouncy w/ a car being really aggresively damped. if you car oscilates after bumps and feels unsettled, that's bouncy. if you car makes one hard up/down motion (only 1 hard bounce, if you will), that's the damping. Either way, most people on here can't tell one from the others and just pull shit out of their asses and repeat what they read online. Turn down damping on the AGX and see if it helps, check the ride height to see if it's ridiculously low, and then the conditions of the shocks.

Good point. Also, did you trim your bump stops like you are supposed to?? You may be too-low, or just bouncing off the bump stops if they were'nt trimmed down. Try setting the car between 4-4.5" from the jacking points to the ground and drive it then. Also, run your shocks in the mid settings and check it out. I had a car running agx's in the rear and S2 springs... setting 4 worked pretty good for me. If your tires are tucked, or you have less than a finger clearance, then you may be sitting too-low.