PDA

View Full Version : How long do you have to return a car??

VegetaRules
11-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Okay, it was my understanding that GA had a 3-day Lemon law on returning bad vehicles. Okay, I bought my fiancee' a 95 Prelude, last WED. Today it stalls out on her, & cuts out. It starts, but it's a shakin.lol

Okay, I now my mechanic says it had little oil in it, meaning the dealership didn't put any in. The tow-truck guy tells me I have 30 days to return the car, so who's right? I'm hoping it is 30 days & not the 3 days.

Also what are the circmstances under which I can return set vehicle?.....Vegeta

Bishop
11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
call up the company and ask

Mr_Mischif
11-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I'd say ask Ruiner. He knows a lot about GA law.

VegetaRules
11-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, I went to the GA Law sites, & apparently it only covers new cars. So since this is a 95 I'd be I guess SOL.lol So I'll call the people who sold it, see what they intend to do, pray that it's nothing major( its at my mechanics place now).

But on the bright side, it's a Honda, so swapping an engine into it, isn't that expensive, or hard to find.lol Yeah gotta stay optimistic you know? But I do appreciate the help peoples..:goodjob: ....Vegeta

Hulud
11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
ive never heard 30 days unless it might be for new cars

i have heard 3 days

OHYOUKNOW
11-09-2006, 09:53 PM
hate to say it but if its not a large new car dealer, your probobly in for a fight. i hope not, but i have seen it a couple of times. even with a small dealer they might have a 30 day waranty. thats probobly the best you can hope for...... good luck hope it turns out for you

ahmonrah
11-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Okay, it was my understanding that GA had a 3-day Lemon law on returning bad vehicles. Okay, I bought my fiancee' a 95 Prelude, last WED. Today it stalls out on her, & cuts out. It starts, but it's a shakin.lol

Okay, I now my mechanic says it had little oil in it, meaning the dealership didn't put any in. The tow-truck guy tells me I have 30 days to return the car, so who's right? I'm hoping it is 30 days & not the 3 days.

Also what are the circmstances under which I can return set vehicle?.....Vegetaby law, RUINER, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, it's 30-45 days.

C22H19N3O4
11-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Top 10 Consumer Myths

MYTH ONE - I have a three-day right to cancel any purchase (including new and used car purchases).
FACT: There is no universal right to cancel purchases. A three-day right to cancel exists for only a limited number of consumer transactions. For the most part, the three-day right to cancel applies only to credit or cash transactions of $25 or more that were initiated through face-to-face contact (such as door-to-door sales) away from the seller's regular place of business and that resulted in a written agreement. The three-day right-to-cancel provision does not cover purchases of real estate, insurance or securities.

SOURCE (http://consumer.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5426814_5684686_38624844,00.html)

Am I covered by Georgia’s Lemon Law?
The Lemon Law protects consumers. You are covered by this law if:

You entered into an agreement or contract for the purchase or lease of a new motor vehicle primarily for personal, family or household use (regardless of what the documents call the transaction); or
Your sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation owns or leases no more than three new motor vehicles for commercial use and has ten or fewer employees and a net income, after taxes, of $100,000 per year or less for federal income tax purposes.

Does the Lemon Law cover all vehicles?
No. Only new motor vehicles are covered by Georgia’s Lemon Law. This means new, self-propelled vehicles that are primarily designed to transport people or property over public highways and were purchased, leased or registered in Georgia. The title of the vehicle must still be in the name of the person who originally purchased or leased it and cannot have been previously issued to anyone other than the selling dealer.

SOURCE (http://consumer.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5426814_39105738_59620902,00.html#3)

Leadfoot_mf
11-09-2006, 10:08 PM
was the car bought AS IS if so u are fucked

SPSUPatrick
11-10-2006, 02:18 AM
ABC will give you 5c a pound for the metal or you can stand outside the dealerahip with a big sign that says ny wife was fucked buy these people and that usally gets them going

Sounds like a job for Clark Howard!!!!!!!!!