PDA

View Full Version : A question....

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
lol yup...well i have been thinking about it for a while now...whenever i get my car done, i wast thinking of getting a bike...i used to always ride with my cousins, but that was back in the day lool, like 6 years ago..so i was wondering on what you guys thought would be a god starter bike? and also if you have any info on what you have to do to get your bike DL's...thanks

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Bump?

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
no help? :(

The BUCKY
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
good bikes are anything that is a 600 really. thats what i started on having never ridden before. i wouldnt buy new becaue more then likely you will go down eventually. as for the exam. is really shitty. most people never even get the real deal just keep the permit.

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
wred see that's what i was thinking..just get a descent little used 600 or somethig...so how hard is the exam?

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 06:44 PM
but if you have the permit i heard if you out at night you can get a ticket..is that true?

David88vert
11-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Difference between learners and full:

Can't ride on highway.
Can't ride at night.
Cant carry a passenger.

A friend of mine on a learners got pulled over last year for riding on the interstate, with a passenger, at night. They let him go - in Doraville.

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 06:58 PM
^^ werd? cause i know Doraville will straight fuck you up if they can...

luthi
11-09-2006, 08:36 PM
what style of riding are you into?

GIXXERDK
11-09-2006, 09:55 PM
^^ werd? cause i know Doraville will straight fuck you up if they can...
Doraville isnt too hard on traffic violation, mainly concerned with DUI's/ disturbances.

As for getting a bike. I started on a gsxr 600. Most people will tell you to start on a 250 or 500 but I dont see that happening with you lol. But yeah definetly start on a 600 or less.

The written test is EASY just look over it some. There are a few tricky questions. The road exam- I know alot of people who failed it LOL

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
aight, i appreciate it lol...yeah i was thinking of a GSXR 600 then after a year or so i was thinking of upgrading to a GSXR 1100 or 12000 aka Busa lol :D....i mean as far as the riding goes prolly well rounded with a little bit of everything...and as far as falling off of it a few times i can deal like i did when iused to ride dirt bikes all the time lol

GIXXERDK
11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
you mean 1300 lol, next year I think its going to be 1500cc. The busa was my dream bike, but after riding around the 600 I dont want a busa anymore. Its so huge/ugly/heavy

Make sure you have money for GEAR. Gear saved my ass as you can see from my wreck thread.

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 10:56 PM
^^ werd True lol...but yeah im gonna make sure i can buy the gear like a few days before i buy a bike..besides this will be like a year down the road lol....but yeah Busa is my dream bike to..and a Ninja for some reason..i always liked the body style ever since i was a little kid lol

GIXXERDK
11-09-2006, 11:09 PM
ewwy you mean cowasucki haha jk. I do like how they look, thats about it though..

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 11:22 PM
yeah looks is about all they ahve going for them...but yeah i think i will ..plus i was reading this crotch rocket magizine the other day and i saw these new pimp ass Carbon fiber helments...bitchs looked nice

imbosile
11-09-2006, 11:28 PM
I've heard you can take a motorcycle course over at the Honda place by North Point, and it's a 3 day class and after it you can automatically get your license, without taking the test.

imbosile
11-09-2006, 11:29 PM
heres a link to it http://www.offroad-training.org/

§treet_§peed
11-09-2006, 11:39 PM
preciate it...only thing is i would like to have someone sorta help get the hang of riding a full size bike..lol i used to riding a dirt bike for a while, but that was back in the day...hell i forgot just about how to do everything lol

David88vert
11-10-2006, 06:17 AM
I've heard you can take a motorcycle course over at the Honda place by North Point, and it's a 3 day class and after it you can automatically get your license, without taking the test.

Actually, you do take the test at the end of the 3rd day - on their bikes, with them as the judge. It is much easier to get your license that way. That's what I did. You still can fail, but they are definately more lenient. It's a very good course.

Princess12
11-10-2006, 08:06 AM
I would definitely recommend starting with a 500-600cc bike. Kawasaki has a Ninja 500 that is a great starter bike; however, they also have 2 bikes in the 600 series that are great for beginners. The ZZR600 is the sport and toned down version of the super sport Ninja ZX-636. It still gives you the full fairing style; however, a little more controlled power. Another great starter bike is the new Ninja 650. The 650, also a sport bike, has the style elements of the 636; however, it is also toned down. Although the cc's are greater, it doesn't push as much horsepower or torque. Another neat feature is that, unlike the super sport crouch, the 650 offers a SLIGHTLY raised bar position that allows the rider to gain a little more control and a more comfortable seat position for beginners.

I hope I was able to help a little... let me know if you have any questions. I work for Kawasaki, so I know their product lines pretty well.

§treet_§peed
11-11-2006, 12:05 AM
werd i appreciate all the input guys..i dunno i might get that new Ninja you speak off, but i'm just wanting more of a cheaper bike to start out on cause i daon't wannna spend a shit load on a bike that i know i will wreck a couple of times lol...what i'll prolly do is between like 2k and 4k on one..not nothing really facy, just something descent to get used to riding again then i'm gonna get a nicer one lol

con
11-11-2006, 07:20 PM
sure it's already been mentioned, but spend $250 and take the MSF Course and you'll pass the riding exam no problem. for those that can't pass the exam, sorry but you really don't have the fundamentals to safely ride on the street. yes you may ride daily without any problems, but there are a few pickle situations that those skills could be the difference between you walking/riding away from an incident, being paralyzed or dead.

I've ridden with a few guys and had some extremely close calls that they said were luck, I say they were due to the MSF and plenty of practice. Even though I've been riding for years, I still occasionally find a parking lot and practice emergency stops, swerving and etc. There's not too many days that go by where I don't have to use some of those skills to ensure that I remain on two wheels.

GIXXERDK
11-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Yepp +1 on what con said

§treet_§peed
11-11-2006, 10:31 PM
true... cause i know whenever i do do this,,im not gonna go out thinking i know it all...i'm definetly gonna be really as careful as i can...

dp32185
11-14-2006, 12:39 PM
kawasaki ex500, suzuki gs500, honda cbr600f4i, suzuki sv650(s).
with the right head: 600rr, gsxr600, zx636, r6s, r6r.

i personally went from ex500 to 600rr to r1.

Princess12
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Yepp +1 on what con said

I totally agree... It doesn't matter what you ride if you don't know the fundamentals

cornercarver78
11-18-2006, 05:04 AM
Check out the suzuki SV650. Its a great bike all around and you can get them for a good price.

§treet_§peed
11-18-2006, 04:57 PM
will do

RageVelocity
11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
The new bikes out in the market today are definitely break neck fast now, the new RR can now rev to high as 17,000 and the kawasaki is no joke either.

I recommend you start out with an F4i. It's a very forgiving bike and has a friendly throttle. The new ones are sport touring, but you can still look for the sport bike version which is 01 to 03. They are great bikes, and are very light. I had one that used to be a track bike, it was perfect.

But if you like you can get the new ones, and just buy after market rear sets and change out the rear tail and seat to match the racing style like model. The rear sets will give you a more aggressive seating position and make it look much more fast. I for one like the older version.