PDA

View Full Version : Possible prob, need assistance!

VegetaRules
11-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Okay, weekend before last was trying to teach the fiancee' how to drive my car( 6-speed). Now she had a rough go of it, & of course major jerking. Okay I got in, it kinda jerked a little more, stalled, then was fine. Oh yeah Celica GT-S 2ZZ engine.

Now ever since then when I'm driving on cruise control it seems to stutter like it's not breathing right, I give it gas, it settles down. Now, I did recently had a new clutch installed, so I wasn't overly thrilled about set incident, but it was well past the 500mile break-in-period.

So this morning it does it again, when I'm in lower gear, like it wants to lose power, & now engine was shaking rather hard, tho no rattling was heard. Any idea's??:( :???: :???: ....Vegeta

VegetaRules
11-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Okay, now I just started it up. & it's running fine now, no shaking, but I knwo somethings wrong....Vegeta

00CelicaGT
11-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Okay, weekend before last was trying to teach the fiancee' how to drive my car( 6-speed). Now she had a rough go of it, & of course major jerking. Okay I got in, it kinda jerked a little more, stalled, then was fine. Oh yeah Celica GT-S 2ZZ engine.

Now ever since then when I'm driving on cruise control it seems to stutter like it's not breathing right, I give it gas, it settles down. Now, I did recently had a new clutch installed, so I wasn't overly thrilled about set incident, but it was well past the 500mile break-in-period.

So this morning it does it again, when I'm in lower gear, like it wants to lose power, & now engine was shaking rather hard, tho no rattling was heard. Any idea's??:( :???: :???: ....Vegeta

had the same problem once when i drove to miami. i pretty much drove the whole way on cruise control. But when i got off the hwy. in miami it started to do the same so i just let it sit for like 2 days and its never happen since.pluse i heard 5 or 6 speeds in ur case dont do well on cruise:no: . Even when i drove back to GA. Never found out wat it was cuz it :thinking: stopped. take it to someone who knows about toyotas or ask someone on www.toyotacelicaonline.com (http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com) good luck though hope u get it figured out:goodjob: