PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with Lip Piercings?

Specsteve
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey guys

I have wanted to pierce my lip for about a 2 years now, only I have never had a good oppurtunity because Jobs I was working at the time prohibbited me from doing so. Since I am only 20, and a full time student right now with no real job, I figured its now or never!

So basically, I just want to gather as much info as possible, i.e., your personal experience with it, maintence, complications etc. etc. etc. I know you are suppose to rinse it out with mouth wash after every meal for the first few weeks, but what about after smoking? I only smoke about 4 or 5 times a day, but I was not sure if I would need to stop that during the healing process-(or in general!)

I really appreciate the input, oh and I will be doing it on the right side of my lip, not in the center. I chew with my left side so I figured that would be best.

Thanks again :cheers:

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
after you eat smoke or anything pour listerine over it ..

Specsteve
11-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Damnit, thats what I figured, it just sucks having to carry that around everywhere, but I guess thats what I get for choosing to do it haha.

Have you had yours done Golden Child?

RandomGuy
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
i have 3 lip peircings, you're supposed to clean them with the solution they give you or toothpaste every time you eat drink, smoke, and/or every 6 hours. The floride in the toothpaste strengthens ur skin and keeps it healthy.

after 1 month then you're good

Jimmy B
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
get it, and then just quit smoking

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Damnit, thats what I figured, it just sucks having to carry that around everywhere, but I guess thats what I get for choosing to do it haha.

Have you had yours done Golden Child?

no my friends have them back home ..

Specsteve
11-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok, well thats not to bad, and its something I really want done so the pro greatly out weighs the con.

Next question, how bad does it hurt? haha. And any shop reccomendations? I heard Physcho(sp) Tattoo is good, and Epic off Canton HWY as well.

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 05:22 PM
i heard it doesnt hurt that much just a quick 1 second sting ..

RandomGuy
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM
lol by the way the advice i gave you... i made that up. .. lol

i dont have a lip peircing nor do i know anyone who has one LOL (really... hrm let me think... but yeah i'm thinking i dont know anyone, i might be wrong)

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 05:29 PM
lolz .. RG is always fucking around ..

Specsteve
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
:lmfao:You had me foold Random guy. That sounded very believable haha. I tip my hat in your smart ass abilites.

Thanks for the info golden child. I went on youtube and found a bunch of videos of 16 years old emo kids doing it, I figure if they don't cry from it, no one will haha.

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 05:31 PM
emo kids dont cry ??

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I got both the cartlidge [sp?] pierced and the botton on the left ear. I dont think im done with the piercings tho, it sorta addicting lol. The lip im not ready for, but shit I might do it in the future, ya never know :D !

never_finished
11-08-2006, 09:00 PM
ive got my labret..it didnt really hurt, but then again neither did my tongue or cartlidge. Its pretty easy, just gotta keep saline solution (or they sell this stuff called witch hazel which is made for cleaning it) to clean the outside of your lip, and use a alcohol-free mouthwash everytime u eat or drink (or smoke) anything other then water. The lip kinda sucks though, gotta be careful eating with a fork haha. Just go into a parlor and ask, they will tell you everything you need to know, usually cost about 30 for the piercing and another 10 for the jewerly, unless you know someone.

Michiahn_FL
11-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Listerine is a bad idea to use. Ive always been told Saline solution...

and if all else fails and you dont have any, use purified water of some form.

Listerine will kill the bad bacteria along with the organisms trying to heal your piercing. There's a reason hospital's dont use straight alcohol on wounds ;)