PDA

View Full Version : great way to start the day

The Ninja
11-08-2006, 11:01 AM
woke up this morning 6:43, getting ready get out the shower by 7:04, make a pb&J for breakfast, set it on the counter so i can grab it on the way out, put some water in the refrigerator for this afternoon's wrestling practice. Get my nephew (10 months old) ready to go to the babysitter for the day. Put him in the backseat of my car, and leave. Wave to my mom on the way out, head to pick up my friend to take him to school..... So i pull up to the front of his neighborhood. Baker Rd. traffic backed up, but it stops and the white car stops to let me through (no blocking the intersection), so I check and make sure things are clear, and I head on out. Halfway into the turning lane and a honk and flash of red later i'm panting and praying to god that my nephew is fine.

4hrs later, everyone is ok for the most part. Cops came and towed my car. Definately totalled, airbags didn't deploy or anything. Turned out the guy was speeding (witnesses tell me he was doing at least 45mph) IN THE TURNING LANE, 1600+ ft. from the intersectionw here he was planning on turning. Doctor says my ankle may be broken, (there goes the wrestling season). So I'm waiting on the x-ray reports from the radiologist (sp?).

So now i'm the market for a new car, not sure exactly what I want, but I have somewhat of an idea.

Now thats how you start your day off with a bang, literally.

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
daym that sucks hope your nephew and you are ok ..

hemi
11-08-2006, 11:04 AM
nephew okay?

MongolPup
11-08-2006, 11:04 AM
daym that sucks hope your nephew and you are ok ..

Yeah man I'm with you...10 months old eh.

Ran
11-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Sucks man. At least you and your nephew are okay tho.

The Ninja
11-08-2006, 11:07 AM
yea, nephew is ok so far. I mean he's young so it may take some time before they notice anything wrong. Scheduling an appointment for him for later today.

pics coming when i go to the car lot to check out the car. :\. This sucks hardcore, but i mean, it could always be worse. So every time something bad happens, always remember if ur breathing, it could usually be worse. Say a prayer, because u have god's favor.

AlliRae
11-08-2006, 11:11 AM
i'm sorry man good luck on finding another car

MongolPup
11-08-2006, 11:12 AM
So every time something bad happens, always remember if ur breathing, it could usually be worse. Say a prayer, because u have god's favor.

Good call. That's what I always try to say when a member gets into an accident and the car is FUBAR....yes it hurts that you lost all that time and money but think about all the people who love and care for you, and even the people you just talk to everyday...... being alive is so much more God's gift then any car could EVER be.

05Tib
11-08-2006, 11:41 AM
i would be going for some good "pain and suffering" money from that guys insurance company... When i got my car totalled (97 tib t-boned by an 88 buick) the door came in on my shoulder and i had a huge bruise and a cut down my arm along with some wip lash and cuts from the glass breaking. The insurance company was quick to offer some good money to keep it out of court. Most important is ur alive and you nephew. Hope everything goes ok with your nephew at the doctor

MongolPup
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
i would be going for some good "pain and suffering" money from that guys insurance company... When i got my car totalled (97 tib t-boned by an 88 buick) the door came in on my shoulder and i had a huge bruise and a cut down my arm along with some wip lash and cuts from the glass breaking. The insurance company was quick to offer some good money to keep it out of court. Most important is ur alive and you nephew. Hope everything goes ok with your nephew at the doctor

I think I've met you. Did you come to that Gwinnett meet we had at Pinckeyville Park?

Hulud
11-08-2006, 11:43 AM
sucks cause its more than likely going to be your fault or there is going to be no fault so either you are gonna have to pay for a new car unless you have full coverage

Ran
11-08-2006, 11:47 AM
sucks cause its more than likely going to be your fault or there is going to be no fault so either you are gonna have to pay for a new car unless you have full coverageIt'll probably be passed as an "equal/no fault" case of whatever they call it. The other driver will be held for speeding down the center lane. Also, the legal limits for using the center lane is 300ft. prior to the turn. Seeing how the guy was trying to bypass traffic, he'll be held liable there. However, d-ninja can also be held liable for pulling out infront of on-coming traffic. It's probably not going to be pretty.

05Tib
11-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I think I've met you. Did you come to that Gwinnett meet we had at Pinckeyville Park?

yep, i was the tall guy with the blue tib and cf hood with stock Rims

The Ninja
11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
cop said i wasn't gonna be held liable but i mean we gotta see what goes down in court. I was actually on track to be going to the '07 junior olympics running the 110m hurdles BUT... now that my ankle is screwed my track career may go downt eh drain as well. I don't wanna comment on any money issues, but I do know its not going down as my fault. I had witnesses that saw what happened, and the cop got their information. Now.... looks like i'm gonna be outta commision for a while, I pray that we can settle this outside of court in my favor for a large lump of money, but if we have to go to court, to court it is then.

Tracy
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM
glad your ok. sorry to hear about your ankle and car :(

civic95
11-08-2006, 12:53 PM
That sucks man, so did they write the accident report as it being his fault?

The Ninja
11-08-2006, 01:31 PM
yea they wrote it as it being his fault >.>....

damn this DR. needs to hurry and call about x-ray.....

The Ninja
11-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Doc called, no broken bones. Just needs some ice and tlc. yay!

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 03:42 PM
thats good news ..

2.0civic
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
damn this sucks to hear...where is baker at?

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Accidents sucks, good thing no one was hurt.