PDA

View Full Version : 240sx idling problem help plz

seksehowy
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
The engine would start and rise to about 3000rpm then slowly dropping toward 1000rpm, but it'll start dropping and soon turn off if you dont give it some gas. After a long warm-up it'll idle at 1000 and stop shaking. Someone said that my egr valve might be the problem:???: . help plz.. what could be the problem? :\
The car is a 90-240sx with a dohc swap.

§treet_§peed
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
that is a good possiblility...the egr vavle that is..or possible the idle sensor...something like that

seksehowy
11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
i was looking at the egr valve and how to take it out. it seem like i'd have to go through the intakes manifold and fuel rack am i right? or are there any easier way?

§treet_§peed
11-07-2006, 10:07 PM
try going here... www.ga240.com and ask them...they will know exactly what you need to do..:goodjob:

seksehowy
11-07-2006, 10:54 PM
thanks!,. forgot sx there. :)

Z U L8R
11-08-2006, 09:40 AM
the egr valve is on the back side of the head, if you see that pipe that connects to the exhaust and follow that back behind the head that's where the egr valve is, but something that you might want to do first.....clean off the throttle body and if you can run some fuel system cleaner through it and get some of that crap out of the intake that'll definately help your car whether it completely resolves this issue or just helps it....the reason there's crap on the throttle body and in the intake is probably cause the air filter hasn't been changed/cleaned enough, cause and effect. there also should be an egr transducer on the top of the valve cover/fuel rail area on the passenger side ish inbetween cylinder's 3 & 4 there's a little 90 degree rubber hose on the bottom of the transducer that always gets cracked and/or broken, check that too

seksehowy
11-08-2006, 11:09 PM
the egr valve is on the back side of the head, if you see that pipe that connects to the exhaust and follow that back behind the head that's where the egr valve is, but something that you might want to do first.....clean off the throttle body and if you can run some fuel system cleaner through it and get some of that crap out of the intake that'll definately help your car whether it completely resolves this issue or just helps it....the reason there's crap on the throttle body and in the intake is probably cause the air filter hasn't been changed/cleaned enough, cause and effect. there also should be an egr transducer on the top of the valve cover/fuel rail area on the passenger side ish inbetween cylinder's 3 & 4 there's a little 90 degree rubber hose on the bottom of the transducer that always gets cracked and/or broken, check that too

foreal, that damn rubber hose are cracked.. thanks for your help guys, imma run seafoam and clean the filter, if the problem still persist... ill come back @_@

Benefit
11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
the intake on top of the valve cover, yeah that will do it. oh and maybe ur brake booster line , check that