11-07-2006, 03:21 AM
bored... working... ugh...

TheSnail
11-07-2006, 03:22 AM
You settle on a 240?

Flip
11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
You settle on a 240?

yep. got one last week :) thanks for all the helep and advice...

might have a couple questions for ya about this one...

TheSnail
11-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Questions, spare stock parts or aftermarket parts, just let me know.

Flip
11-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Questions, spare stock parts or aftermarket parts, just let me know.

Ok well i think i've pretty much figured everything out but i do have a question about 1 thing.

the clutch is being kinda funky. sometimes it engages up higher and sometimes down low. as soon as i adjust it to get it in one spot it changes and is off of adjustment... I believe there to still be air in the lines. there is a speed bleeder thing that i've been told can just be removed by connecting the line on the slave cyl to the steel lne that comes down from the master cyl. To do this you have to bend the steel line a little bit. Do you know how easy it is to bend these lines without kinking them or damaging them?

the seond thing is that the dash lights (including speedo and tach) don't work. its the lights that turn on when you turn the head lights on. The other lights on the cluster work like the oil light etc... I'm pretty sure it's the timing control unit. i've checked all fuses, connections behind radio, bulbs, checked the dimmer switch for continity... and got nothin. they say that the timing control unit sometimes will short when installing an aftermarket stereo (just like the previous owner told me it did when he installed his)...

Its got an oil leak. To my surprise i found 5 bolts missing from the oil pan. the ones that were there were loose so i tightened them down and replaced the missing ones. the leak seems to be almost gone but it still drips a couple times after it's stopped. you think it might stop shortly and is just dripping off the crap all over the bottom? or do you think the gasket might be damaged and needs to be replaced since it had oil running over it for a while?

ahmonrah
11-07-2006, 04:26 AM
^^ +one'd'preciate it! tried to rep you back... but "

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheSnail again."

TheSnail
11-07-2006, 04:41 AM
Ok well i think i've pretty much figured everything out but i do have a question about 1 thing.

the clutch is being kinda funky. sometimes it engages up higher and sometimes down low. as soon as i adjust it to get it in one spot it changes and is off of adjustment... I believe there to still be air in the lines. there is a speed bleeder thing that i've been told can just be removed by connecting the line on the slave cyl to the steel lne that comes down from the master cyl. To do this you have to bend the steel line a little bit. Do you know how easy it is to bend these lines without kinking them or damaging them?

the seond thing is that the dash lights (including speedo and tach) don't work. its the lights that turn on when you turn the head lights on. The other lights on the cluster work like the oil light etc... I'm pretty sure it's the timing control unit. i've checked all fuses, connections behind radio, bulbs, checked the dimmer switch for continity... and got nothin. they say that the timing control unit sometimes will short when installing an aftermarket stereo (just like the previous owner told me it did when he installed his)...

Its got an oil leak. To my surprise i found 5 bolts missing from the oil pan. the ones that were there were loose so i tightened them down and replaced the missing ones. the leak seems to be almost gone but it still drips a couple times after it's stopped. you think it might stop shortly and is just dripping off the crap all over the bottom? or do you think the gasket might be damaged and needs to be replaced since it had oil running over it for a while?

The first thing you asked about is this worthless rectangular box, that causes nothing but problems. We can bypass that if you like.

Second, if you want to try a diff gauge cluster, I have several, you can just come and pick up. If thats not it, we have a couple of junk 240's to get the parts off of.

Third, it sounds like someone put too much torque on those oil pan bolts. The bolts will strip before the block, so get some (if you dont have them let me know) 10mm fine thread bolts, tighten them down to 8-10ish ft-lbs. If that does not completley stop the leak, then you will have to remove the oil pan and reseal it. Either way, it would take less then 1hr so dont worry about it.

Flip
11-07-2006, 05:20 AM
The first thing you asked about is this worthless rectangular box, that causes nothing but problems. We can bypass that if you like.

Second, if you want to try a diff gauge cluster, I have several, you can just come and pick up. If thats not it, we have a couple of junk 240's to get the parts off of.

Third, it sounds like someone put too much torque on those oil pan bolts. The bolts will strip before the block, so get some (if you dont have them let me know) 10mm fine thread bolts, tighten them down to 8-10ish ft-lbs. If that does not completley stop the leak, then you will have to remove the oil pan and reseal it. Either way, it would take less then 1hr so dont worry about it.

Awesome, i'm checking on my last idea for the cluster this morning...

I'm gonna wait and see if the leak stops then i'll let ya know after that.

I'll hit ya up later about bypassing the box... i wana do that to ensure theres no air stuck in it...

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
^^ +one'd

+ rep for you cause I miss my ca18.:cheers:

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheSnail again.

Crazy Asian
11-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Snail eat my shorts.

Ran
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Snail eat my shorts.That's harsh.