PDA

View Full Version : Emissions: Tech inspection?

Neejay
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I've never wondered about this until my recent plans on going KA-T in my s13, but do we (GA - Clayton county specifically) have visual inspection? I know the guy pops my hood when I get emissions done, but is that what he's doing: inspecting the engine bay?

I was thinking of removing the egr stuff (due to most ka24 manifolds not having a egr bung), but how much does that stuff really affect emissions? Would the safc2 + MSD BTM + tuning be enough to pass emissions?

EmminoDaGreat
11-06-2006, 09:35 PM
usually just to check the engine size, and to possibly use the plug wire to get an rpm reading for the dyno, unless they use the non contact..... and as far as your safc+msd+tuning.... it probably wont pass although there is always a chance...but if you need any help pm me...

Blitanicle99
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Hes just verifying the vin and seeing engine size. That junk. My best friend does emmissions. They want your car to pass so they dont have to run it agian. If a car wont pass emissions at some shops they usualy will start undooing vacuum lines or drop your timing so itll pass and then reconnect/turn your timing back up for ya.

EmminoDaGreat
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
lol

Neejay
11-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I'll definitely keep both of you guys in mind. Thanks.

Z U L8R
11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
LOL ( i like the timing trick) the timing trick works if it doesn't fail by much, if you undo your egr you're gonna fail miserably on NOX but what will it matter since if you're turbo you don't want a catalytic converter anyways. personally i wouldn't disable my egr system because i wouldn't want spark knock when the cylinder head temp goes up, if you want more power there's much safer ways to get it, than a couple horses here with a bigger risk of frying motor not built to handle much boost in the first place.