PDA

View Full Version : question for cell phone sales reps...

2.0civic
11-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Recently, i got a job with a authorized cingular rep. I figured when i got the job, i would make better money than i was when i made 8.85 an hour. On my last few paychecks, i been kind of frustrated. On my last paycheck, i put in close to 90 hours and pulled a little over $630. I make base plus a little commission but with 87 hours (NONTAXED I MIGHT ADD AND 0 overtime) i figured i would pull closer to 900 with my commissions...eh, not quite. I figured with my commissions since i dont make good commission, it gives me 20 something cents more an hour over my base, which sucks as well.

Anyway, i know we have some other sales reps on here with other carriers and was wandering whats an average two week paycheck range for you. Not trying to pry but a little over $7 an hour is bullshit for a base + commission job

thanks

EmotorsportsE
11-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I hope thats 90 hours in 2 weeks, go sell cars, pull 50-60 hours a week, and make alot better money.

E

13Bracer
11-06-2006, 10:56 PM
damn i thought they make pretty decent money shit i just got a job at racetrack and i make $9.25 they are hiring just go there and get a manager job they make like 40,000 salary?

gtikid
11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
I'll tell you right now, some authorized dealers DONT PAY SHIIIIIIIIET!! Sorry...

I work currently for Cingular Corporate, I just started though :D BUT, my manager was telling me of sales rep that make $4000+/mo. at that store and part time reps that make $2000-3000 :D

I worked for Sprint/Nextel for a while and when I first started, it was Nextel and my checks were pretty good...$900. Then we started getting played on Sprint's comp. plan...holy shit that was garbage. Thats what ultimately led me, as well as MANY reps that had been at Nextel for yeeeeeeeears to leave the company and move on to other wireless providers.

You wanna work for a good wireless carrier? Work at Verizon...holy shit those guys make gooooooood ass money :goodjob: Or Cingular Corporate :D

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Not sure how good you sell or how good of customer service skills you have, but we are hiring at Ironstonebank.com. Set-up a good resume and follow up 2 times a week. Aslong as you interview well youll be making well over 7 bucks.. Prolly 13-18 hr depending on how you interview.

Just go to careers on the webpage and send in your resume. If your in school this job isnt for you. Unless you take night classes. Banking in my opinion is a great way to understand money flow and savings.

Julian-I went by gregs store the other day to pick up something and that place was packed. Commission would be a good thing to have in a situation like that. Unless its all CS related and not sales.

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 09:12 AM
I hope thats 90 hours in 2 weeks, go sell cars, pull 50-60 hours a week, and make alot better money.

E

Not a good idea. First youll lose hours because of all the half deals you need to do to learn. Some dealers make you do 10 half deals before getting full commission. If your good youll be lucky to sell 14 on a good month. If your new youll maybe break on 7.

Oh and the way that dealerships are set-up youll actually owe them money right when you recieve your first paycheck.

They will pay you base for the hours you work if you dont make any commission. That money is put into a (bucket). After you make your first commissions they will take out what you have in the bucket and than youll get paid.

EX. 2 weeks pay. 100hrs(normal hrs for a sale person) x $6 = $600(bucket money)

Lets say you sell a car and make $3000 commission (chopping heads). Take half because it will be a half deal, so thats $1500. $1500 - $600 = $900.

On your average deal you might make $100-900. When you start chopping heads then youll get paid. It takes lots of skills to get to that level. You also gotta remember about Derek the exconvict whos got a drug habit and happens to be selling cars all his life. Fuck a dealership.

Aslo most dealerships make you work full schedules. Meaning your ass will be at the dealership anytime there open. The shifts are open to close. Say goodbye to your life and say hello to 60 hrs a week.

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 02:06 PM
thanks for the info marcos...is this all ironstones?? theres actually one right by my apartment. but yeah, it was 87 hours in two weeks and was actually $588 in hours and the rest commissions....dont know what happened to my 18 sales but eh....as far as a gas station, i really dont know if i would like that or not and as far as corporate cingular goes, the closest one to me hiring (or so the website says) is a solid hour drive away cause of traffic

gtikid
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Not sure how good you sell or how good of customer service skills you have, but we are hiring at Ironstonebank.com. Set-up a good resume and follow up 2 times a week. Aslong as you interview well youll be making well over 7 bucks.. Prolly 13-18 hr depending on how you interview.

Just go to careers on the webpage and send in your resume. If your in school this job isnt for you. Unless you take night classes. Banking in my opinion is a great way to understand money flow and savings.

Julian-I went by gregs store the other day to pick up something and that place was packed. Commission would be a good thing to have in a situation like that. Unless its all CS related and not sales.

Yea that stores STAYS packed, BUT, unfortunately they're not making much. You would think those guys were banking commission left and right, but unfortunately they don't. After the Sprint/Nextel finally went through, and shit started changing, the Nextel store I was at in the mall (corporate) stopped doing service swaps. During service swaps, if a customer had the insurance on his/her phone, they would come into the store if they're phone wasn't functioning properly and we'd just swap them out for REFURBISHED phone that was as good as new. When policies changed, that shit went out the door and then Greg's store starting servicing phones and our store stopped. That KILLLLLED our customer based and our store pretty much became a shit hole. Greg's store got packed. But go in there and talk to any of the reps and they hate it. All they get it people wanting to service and fix their phones ALLLLLLLLLL DAY. Also, Sprint employees don't get paid on upgrades :gay: So I said :2up:Sprint/Nextel and went to Cingular which is paying me a whoooooooooole lot better :D

thanks for the info marcos...is this all ironstones?? theres actually one right by my apartment. but yeah, it was 87 hours in two weeks and was actually $588 in hours and the rest commissions....dont know what happened to my 18 sales but eh....as far as a gas station, i really dont know if i would like that or not and as far as corporate cingular goes, the closest one to me hiring (or so the website says) is a solid hour drive away cause of traffic

O yea you live right around the corner from my brother haha. I actually had a friend that worked at that one. And yea corporate Cingular WAS hiring like crazy when I got the job, which was about a month ago. EVERY location was hiring, there were like pages and pages of locations hiring. Now I guess they stopped b/c I don't think they'd have enough time to train people before the holidays...

gtikid
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
O and if you can man, try to get a job at Verizon, you will not be disappointed at all!!!!

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
GTIKID, WHO IS YOUR BRO?? PLUS CINGULAR WOULDNT HAVE TO TRAIN ME...IVE ALREADY HAD MY CERTIFICATIONS :) WHICH CINGULAR YOU WORK AT?

gtikid
11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
GTIKID, WHO IS YOUR BRO?? PLUS CINGULAR WOULDNT HAVE TO TRAIN ME...IVE ALREADY HAD MY CERTIFICATIONS :) WHICH CINGULAR YOU WORK AT?

Hektik's my bro :goodjob:

Yea I thought I wouldn't need the training, but EVERY new employee needs it :( I'll tell you right now, the training was garbage. I just sat in the back of the store for fucking hours on the computer. But it's because I already had experience and i'm always up to date with phones and shit. But for someone new to cell phones, it would definitely be helpful. I work at the Cingular off of Pleasant Hill, right behind the BP :D They're packed and everyone keeps telling me that I can make good money there. I'm sure as hell hoping so!! Lol.

WORK FOR VERIZON!!! Lol :goodjob:

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Hektik's my bro :goodjob:

Yea I thought I wouldn't need the training, but EVERY new employee needs it :( I'll tell you right now, the training was garbage. I just sat in the back of the store for fucking hours on the computer. But it's because I already had experience and i'm always up to date with phones and shit. But for someone new to cell phones, it would definitely be helpful. I work at the Cingular off of Pleasant Hill, right behind the BP :D They're packed and everyone keeps telling me that I can make good money there. I'm sure as hell hoping so!! Lol.

WORK FOR VERIZON!!! Lol :goodjob:
IVE BEEN HERE FOUR MONTHS, LOL...I ACTUALLY DONT HAVE TO TAKE ANYMORE CLASSES FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS....HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN THERE CAUSE I GET ALOT (AS IN 3-4 CUSTOMERS A DAY) HERE BITCHING ABOUT HOW BAD YOU GUYS SUCK AND TREAT THEM, LOL

BUT YEAH, THE MONEY HERE SUCKS CAUSE WE NEVER HAVE SHIT TO SELL...

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 06:30 PM
LOL YEAH HEKTIK LIVES CLOSEBY TOO. ARE YOU FULL COMMISSION OR BASE PLUS??

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
You killing the caps...

But yeah the one buy your place is the indian trail branch. There more of a corp. store.
Just put your resume in. At my branch which is off of Lawrenceville Suwanee rd were hiring for two positions. Its a good cement job. Not a career, but if you want steady pay and a ground to base your lifestyle off of go for it.

I havent heard anything about verizon, but Im the dumbass with a 2 year contract with T-mobile.

gtikid
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
IVE BEEN HERE FOUR MONTHS, LOL...I ACTUALLY DONT HAVE TO TAKE ANYMORE CLASSES FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS....HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN THERE CAUSE I GET ALOT (AS IN 3-4 CUSTOMERS A DAY) HERE BITCHING ABOUT HOW BAD YOU GUYS SUCK AND TREAT THEM, LOL

BUT YEAH, THE MONEY HERE SUCKS CAUSE WE NEVER HAVE SHIT TO SELL...

Hahaha but since your not Corporate they still want you to do the training so that they can teach you the way they want you to sell. It's dumb I know haha. And o man there are always gonna be pissed off customers lol. But I mean those are the customers that come in there like assholes. Hey you come in there like an asshole, you get treated like an asshole, ya kno. We're all human lol. Which store are you at? We get $9.30 + commission and the commission is super good :goodjob:

gtikid
11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
You killing the caps...

But yeah the one buy your place is the indian trail branch. There more of a corp. store.
Just put your resume in. At my branch which is off of Lawrenceville Suwanee rd were hiring for two positions. Its a good cement job. Not a career, but if you want steady pay and a ground to base your lifestyle off of go for it.

I havent heard anything about verizon, but Im the dumbass with a 2 year contract with T-mobile.

:lmfao: People always get dicked over with contracts. At least we're not in Canada. Them fool's get dicked over with 3 year contracts!!:screwy:

The good thing about GSM phones is that your confined to having to buy that carrier's phones...

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 06:53 PM
MARCOS, I LIVE RIGHT THERE BEHIND THE IRONSTONE OFF 120

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
THAT LOCATION IS CURRENTLY NOT HIRING. THATS ONLY ABOUT 2 MILES FROM MY LOCATION. I USED TO RIDE DIRT BIKES BEHIND YOUR APARTMENTS.LOL

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 06:58 PM
:lmfao: People always get dicked over with contracts. At least we're not in Canada. Them fool's get dicked over with 3 year contracts!!:screwy:

The good thing about GSM phones is that your confined to having to buy that carrier's phones...

Hey hey hey your a dick..:crazy:

I fell for the renew your contract for the sidekick 2 faze...blah

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 06:59 PM
LOL, OH...LOL SO I NEED TO DO THE RESUME ONLINE OR DROP IT BY? MY CAPS BUTTON ON MY COMP IS JACKED UP AND I DONT FEEL LIKE HOLDING SHIFT DOWN lol

gtikid
11-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey hey hey your a dick..:crazy:

I fell for the renew your contract for the sidekick 2 faze...blah

buahahahaha o I kno!!! lol...eh renewing isnt that bad if you like the company

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
LOL, OH...LOL SO I NEED TO DO THE RESUME ONLINE OR DROP IT BY? MY CAPS BUTTON ON MY COMP IS JACKED UP AND I DONT FEEL LIKE HOLDING SHIFT DOWN lol

:D

Make sure your putting together something fresh. This is a bank were talking about here not a Verizon store..:lmfao:

For a rep you can put my name on the app..:gay:

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
buahahahaha o I kno!!! lol...eh renewing isnt that bad if you like the company

T-Mobile is bad with service. You cant argue past bills nor can you argue any charges if it past your cycle date.

Eitherway Ill be done early next year. I dont know where Im going.

2.0civic
11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
LOL, COOL COOL MAN. IM GOING TO REDO MY RESUME IN THE MORNING AND ILL APPLY. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!

Marcos Ruiz
11-07-2006, 07:23 PM
No problem bro goodluck.

juan b
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
metro pcs ftw :goodjob:

gtikid
11-07-2006, 07:56 PM
^^^ Psh this guy's crazy

Marcos Ruiz
11-08-2006, 08:09 AM
^^^ Psh this guy's crazy

Crazy for real. Got the new kyrocera and dont know how to act.

eS_05
11-08-2006, 08:20 AM
I'll tell you right now, some authorized dealers DONT PAY SHIIIIIIIIET!! Sorry...

I worked for Sprint/Nextel for a while and when I first started, it was Nextel and my checks were pretty good...$900. Then we started getting played on Sprint's comp. plan...holy shit that was garbage. Thats what ultimately led me, as well as MANY reps that had been at Nextel for yeeeeeeeears to leave the company and move on to other wireless providers.
:D

yeah im with him.... and well i still work for Sprint/nextel and well i no our store is hiring casue me and my co-workers are tryin 2 get the fuck out of thier!!!!!!

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 12:11 PM
metro pcs ftw :goodjob:

i hate it i get idiots all day long ..

2.0civic
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM
i hate it i get idiots all day long ..

you and me both...all i get are people wanting free stuff or people not wanting contracts here and then complaining about a non ontractual price on a phone

eS_05
11-08-2006, 05:22 PM
you and me both...all i get are people wanting free stuff or people not wanting contracts here and then complaining about a non ontractual price on a phone
:yes:
or y a phone is so expensive!!!!!! maybe u shouldnt be lookin at the most expensive phone in the fuckin store!!!! dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!
boy i tell U!!!!!!

The Golden Child
11-08-2006, 05:49 PM
i just stood here for like 25 minutes explaining to this lady that her number is not availiable after 30 days from her billing cycle ..

yet she continues to say shes trying to remember her number when it doesnt even matter anymore ..

eS_05
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
i just stood here for like 25 minutes explaining to this lady that her number is not availiable after 30 days from her billing cycle ..

yet she continues to say shes trying to remember her number when it doesnt even matter anymore ..

i get alot of idiots here to.........

2.0civic
11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
or y a phone is so expensive!!!!!! maybe u shouldnt be lookin at the most expensive phone in the fuckin store!!!! dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!
boy i tell U!!!!!!

holy shit, i had a guy come in here for a 8125..i told him i would do it for 300 walk out with the plan he wanted but then he was like "so i can buy it no contract for $250?"
:doh:

i seriously think half our customers failed basic econ...

gtikid
11-09-2006, 12:06 AM
yeah im with him.... and well i still work for Sprint/nextel and well i no our store is hiring casue me and my co-workers are tryin 2 get the fuck out of thier!!!!!!

O shit it's my old hustlin' buddy from Nextel!! :lmfao: Waddup Es?! You still at Nextel? Do the right thing....and leave hahahaha :lmfao::goodjob:

Eh I think every company sees dumbass people...I don't understand why its so hard for some people to just understand things :slap:

eS_05
11-09-2006, 08:10 AM
O shit it's my old hustlin' buddy from Nextel!! :lmfao: Waddup Es?! You still at Nextel? Do the right thing....and leave hahahaha :lmfao::goodjob:

Eh I think every company sees dumbass people...I don't understand why its so hard for some people to just understand things :slap:

o shit!!!!! sup!!!! were yo punk ass workin at now?:crazy: shit my assitant mgr left to verizon and said hes takin me with him so hopefully ill go over thurr!!!!! if not well ima keep hustlin.... cause everyday im hustlin!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: