PDA

View Full Version : Wet or Dry Nitrous

swolejamaica
11-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Whats better for a single cam as far as spraying?? Wet shot or dry?? It will be 50 shot just wondering if wet was better or dry??? Also which one is safer??

Sammich
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
NAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

swolejamaica
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
???

luthi
11-06-2006, 12:35 PM
on a dry set up you are giving the ecu control over the amount of fuel delivered. you will have a very lean condition until the ecu reads and adjusts.

in a wet system you are providing both the no2 and fuel, meaning the engine never should go lean.

for true longevity and dependability go wet. initial investment is more but you need not worry about leaning out to the point of detonation :2cents:

HiPSI
11-06-2006, 03:33 PM
on a dry set up you are giving the ecu control over the amount of fuel delivered. you will have a very lean condition until the ecu reads and adjusts.

in a wet system you are providing both the no2 and fuel, meaning the engine never should go lean.

for true longevity and dependability go wet. initial investment is more but you need not worry about leaning out to the point of detonation :2cents:

this is correct. if you run a dry kit generally you'll have some sort of control over the ECU to tune for the nitrous delivery (both the extra fuel needed and it's generally good to retard the timing a bit as well). dry kits can be tuned a bit more precisely than a wet kit, but again you have to have some sort of ECU control to really take advantage of it. wet kits are far more plug and play to get it working right.

§treet_§peed
11-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I would say if the motor is all stock why even put a shot of nawz on it? but if you won't a shot a dry 50 would be sufficient...

§treet_§peed
11-06-2006, 04:05 PM
and if you want...go by this months issue of D-Sport..they ahve a complete write up and break down on every Nitrous system on the market currently...recomends what is best for what setup....

Formally...
11-06-2006, 08:58 PM
The only dry kit I would use is the Zex because it actually raises the fuel pressure to add the extra fuel. I have used this on a few different cars and they work just fine as long as you stay with the 50 shot. Most people will want to go up on the shot and THEN blow something up. If you have the budget just go with the wet kit and have it tuned (adjusting jet size for proper afr). The d-series do well with N2O.

§treet_§peed
11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
true.. that's what i have always been told that D-series can handle Nitrous the best outta all honda motors

swolejamaica
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
4 real??

§treet_§peed
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
yeah...but honestly...spraying a stock motor is kinda dumb imo