PDA

View Full Version : bike runs

lightspeed
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
OK, so first of all, if you dont think its "safe" or whatever, just ignore this. But, Im curious if there are any bikes out there who want to do some roll-runs with my car. We might even want to video them for a compilation we are doing.
I dont care what displacement they are, and Im not saying I expect to be able to beat everything. I am curious to see where I stand on this, however :goodjob:
I know its getting cold and its not the most comfortable weather for bikes, so I certainly understand not wanting to be out riding fast in the winter. But, if we have any takers here, it could be fun.
Let me know on PM.

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
From a roll or a dig?

I'm supposed to race Andy(gunmetal hatch) this weekend.

lightspeed
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
From a roll or a dig?

"...who want to do some roll-runs with my car. " ;)
Actually, either is fine I guess, its just so hard to find a good dig place, and the cold roads really make it more difficult for cars.
what are you and andy doing?

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
"...who want to do some roll-runs with my car. " ;)
Actually, either is fine I guess, its just so hard to find a good dig place, and the cold roads really make it more difficult for cars.
what are you and andy doing?
I believe were heading to the strip. Should be a good race

con
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM

yo, pm me some details..... i been kind of wanting to take mine to the strip too.

Do I smell a need to put the lowering strap and links back on..........

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 02:34 PM
yo, pm me some details..... i been kind of wanting to take mine to the strip too.

Do I smell a need to put the lowering strap and links back on..........
Not too sure on the details just yet, but I will let you know.

His car is fast... His car should be in the 10 sec range, as well as my bike. But then I never dragged my bike before.

The BUCKY
11-06-2006, 02:51 PM
you will prob run 11s on the 600. i did a low 11 on mine with my phat ass on it.

if my bike is back together i might be interested. i think gixxermike wants to go to the track. it should be warm this weekend.

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Nice! Should be very fun!

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Shit that reminds me, I need to get a new jacket.. Other one go shredded up from my accident lol

HiPSI
11-06-2006, 03:02 PM

what strip? i haven't seen one yet that will let a bike and a car run at the same time.

The BUCKY
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
nope you will never run a car at the strip. plus for commerce you need a leather jacket and boots for a 600. full leathers for everything else.

lightspeed
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
if you or anyone is looking to do something less "formal," let me know ;) Dig or roll I guess, but rolls are easier to setup. It should be fun...

Ive seen bikes run at SDR, but I dont remember if they will run a bike and a car at the same time. i dont know why not though.

TallGuy
11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
OK, so first of all, if you dont think its "safe" or whatever, just ignore this. But, Im curious if there are any bikes out there who want to do some roll-runs with my car. We might even want to video them for a compilation we are doing.
I dont care what displacement they are, and Im not saying I expect to be able to beat everything. I am curious to see where I stand on this, however :goodjob:
I know its getting cold and its not the most comfortable weather for bikes, so I certainly understand not wanting to be out riding fast in the winter. But, if we have any takers here, it could be fun.
Let me know on PM.
what kind of car do you have?

lightspeed
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
what kind of car do you have?
supra

lightspeed
11-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Anyone? Anyone?
How about "con?" I saw an earlier post where you said something about cars not being any competition. Here is your chance to embarass one :goodjob:

GIXXERDK
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Anyone? Anyone?
How about "con?" I saw an earlier post where you said something about cars not being any competition. Here is your chance to embarass one :goodjob:
List your setup/modifications

con
11-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Anyone? Anyone?

I'm no jackass, I meant your average ricer. I'm well aware of two supras who I wouldn't be able to touch from a dig and I don't have the launch skills to beat on the track.

lightspeed
11-08-2006, 10:55 AM
List your setup/modifications
single turbo and supporting fuel/bolt-ons.
6 speed.
stock bottom end.

I'm no jackass, I meant your average ricer. I'm well aware of two supras who I wouldn't be able to touch from a dig and I don't have the launch skills to beat on the track.
Mine isnt one of the more insane ones youve probably heard of. I just want to try on some bikes and see where I stand. We'd be doing rolls, so launching it isnt a critical. I dont like to drag race my bike either really.
Plus, we dont have any bike vids for SM.
What do you ride btw?

GIXXERDK
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
lol wtf you have a bike? Here man, Ill ride your bike while you race your bike.

lightspeed
11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
lol wtf you have a bike? Here man, Ill ride your bike while you race your bike.
LOL, yes I have a bike. Im actually equally car and bike addicted :goodjob:

Im pretty sure my car will beat my bike though. Well, maybe.

GIXXERDK
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
LOL, yes I have a bike. Im actually equally car and bike addicted :goodjob:

Im pretty sure my car will beat my bike though. Well, maybe.
Lets go find out!

lightspeed
11-08-2006, 07:05 PM
lol, why would you want to race my car with my bike? why not race your own bike? are you scared of tearing your bike up by running it full throttle? Im sure you do that pretty often anyway (at least I do.)

what cc is yours, anyway? I cant tell from the pic. i had an 2000 gsxr750...sweet bike. Id like to get another one for a track bike.

GIXXERDK
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
lol, why would you want to race my car with my bike? why not race your own bike? are you scared of tearing your bike up by running it full throttle? Im sure you do that pretty often anyway (at least I do.)

what cc is yours, anyway? I cant tell from the pic. i had an 2000 gsxr750...sweet bike. Id like to get another one for a track bike.
Its a 600, I just hit 155 today on 85 :eek: Man, it feels good to be back

lightspeed
11-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Its a 600, I just hit 155 today on 85 :eek: Man, it feels good to be back
Thats cool. Of course, thats kilometers per hour...right ;)

If you decide you want to get some runs in, let me know. :camera:

GIXXERDK
11-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Haha that reminds me, bucky was helping me set the shift light and accidently set MPH to KM and threw me off. Had to ride 30 min home, not knowing how fast I was going..

con
11-09-2006, 07:38 AM
single turbo and supporting fuel/bolt-ons.
6 speed.
stock bottom end.

Mine isnt one of the more insane ones youve probably heard of. I just want to try on some bikes and see where I stand. We'd be doing rolls, so launching it isnt a critical. I dont like to drag race my bike either really.
Plus, we dont have any bike vids for SM.
What do you ride btw?

so how much boost are you pushing???

BTW, guys I'm in for Commerce this Friday. However, I'll be damned if I ride the whole way up by my lonesome so where are y'all meeting and what time. I'm up for any antics on the way up or back down, but best believe I'm no fall guy :police:

ToyoChick05
11-09-2006, 08:29 AM
any1 got a busa we could borrow? lol

GIXXERDK
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
any1 got a busa we could borrow? lol
Justin has one lol

chsdog55
11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Im up for a run. I have an 05 GSXR 750 with spray. Let me know if your interested.

The BUCKY
11-09-2006, 12:13 PM

BTW, guys I'm in for Commerce this Friday. However, I'll be damned if I ride the whole way up by my lonesome so where are y'all meeting and what time. I'm up for any antics on the way up or back down, but best believe I'm no fall guy :police:

hey con i know me and my buddy are goin to commerce. and anyone else can go.

con
11-09-2006, 02:39 PM
hey con i know me and my buddy are goin to commerce. and anyone else can go.
car or bikes??? if by bike what time and where are y'all leaving from. I know you're on the topside so if possible somewhere along 85 would be good for me.

The BUCKY
11-09-2006, 05:03 PM
i live about 5 off of 85. when can you be at mall of ga

con
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
i live about 5 off of 85. when can you be at mall of ga
whatever time you can. I'll be free'd up by 6:15, so whenever you guys are planning to be there.

The BUCKY
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
well we weregonna try to leave around 5-6

David88vert
11-09-2006, 06:48 PM
lightspeed, I can run you with my R1. PM me if you want to run it.

lightspeed
11-10-2006, 01:00 AM
normally, 15-16 psi on pump. for this run though, probably 25 psi.

Justin has one lol
^^ :goodjob: bring it out :camera:

Im up for a run. I have an 05 GSXR 750 with spray. Let me know if your interested.
PM sent

lightspeed, I can run you with my R1. PM me if you want to run it.
PM sent

con
11-10-2006, 06:58 AM
well we weregonna try to leave around 5-6

oh shiat, didn't realize it opened that early. Even if I leave right after work (4:30) I still might not be able to make it due to traffic. guess I'll see you guys at the track.

shooting you contact info via pm so I'll be able to locate you guys once I'm there.

GIXXERDK
11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I think bucky said it was closed today? call him

The BUCKY
11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
yea commerce closed last weekend. my bad guys

con
11-10-2006, 07:26 PM
oh shiat, I was still contemplating riding up. I knew I felt lazy as hell for a reason.......