PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: IA

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Please read my blog and tell me what do you think. I really need advice right about now.
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=35141671#post35141671

Thanks!

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Can anyone say anything?

LiL PaKi
11-05-2006, 10:59 PM
awww.. I say find another job, then confront them, and then quit...

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I figured if I say something to them first and they fire me then I will sue lol

LiL PaKi
11-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I figured if I say something to them first and they fire me then I will sue lol

haha.. sueing isn't an easy process.. are u willing to go through with it all? plus they probably wouldn't fire u on the spot.. they'll wait awhile after u confront them and find another excuse to fire u for.

ahmonrah
11-05-2006, 11:04 PM
they speak their minds, you can speak yours. so the fuck what if they TRY TO fire you. if you think they are racise(lol intentional-sp) and they fire you, there are ways to handle that. BUT! before you go shooting offyour opinions, spend this next 6 days you work WRITING the "offensive" statements down as documentation. then present your grievance AND DONT BE BELLIGERENT, PRODUCE the statements, then if your fired, step 2. lawyer.

PhAtBoYMr2
11-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Everyone is racist in some way. it has alot to do with culture, religon,morals, and belief sometimes you just have to clear your head and look past the racist people...Like the way i see things is rasict people aren't on my level because there narrow minded...and i dont like narrow minded people.

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 11:08 PM
haha.. sueing isn't an easy process.. are u willing to go through with it all? plus they probably wouldn't fire u on the spot.. they'll wait awhile after u confront them and find another excuse to fire u for.
I've been through the process before. No I wouldn't want to do it again, but I don't want people thinking they can just walk all over me at will

LiL PaKi
11-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I've been through the process before. No I wouldn't want to do it again, but I don't want people thinking they can just walk all over me at will

ah i understand... yea just make a statement list and then confront them whatever happens from there good luck with it!

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah I had a talk with my mother and she explained to me that I just have to realize that they are ignorant and don't know any better. She is pretty pissed about it herself. She told me don't say anything yet until she figures out what to do about the situation.

Being the person I am, I want to say something because I am really hurt. I mean I have tears in my eyes as I type this now. I try my best to be kind and friendly to everyone and treat people as though I would want to be treated. I just don't understand how someone could be so nasty and so mean to someone so nice. The fact that it is racism I am dealing with makes it worse because I can not help what color I am. What does it matter anyway? I am human just like everyone else. So many white people like to tan and date black men, but yet they want to hate black people in general. I just don't understand. I am just so confused and so hurt.

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 11:14 PM
ah i understand... yea just make a statement list and then confront them whatever happens from there good luck with it!Thanks

LiL PaKi
11-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks

anytime :yes:

BluesClues
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
To add to all of that. I am even upset with IA because of all the racial remarks lately. It has gotten bad. I have noticed that at meets and in threads.

RandomGuy
11-06-2006, 01:12 AM
as predicted:

http://www.combatgold1.co.uk/images/funny/forum/thread_sucks.jpg

chrisdavis
11-06-2006, 01:28 AM
In all honesty you will not be fired for speaking up. You do however run the risk of the management making work a very uncomfortable place for you in an effort to get you to quit. Probably cut your hours and give you the worst shifts and constantly ride your ass. I truly hate to say it but people who act in that manner will not be sympathetic to you and see you as a problem and use that to justify thier actions. Hold your head up, ignore them, and quietly find another job.

TIGERJC
11-06-2006, 02:41 AM
If u quit, let me know. I wouldnt mind putting whitey in thier place while getting paid

A1EX
11-06-2006, 06:56 AM
why do you work at sonics?

bdydrpdmazda
11-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Racism is a part of life, Im am not a racist but alot of people are, its not something you have to deal with but why not just fight fire with fire, next time you hear a racist comment just throw one right back out and then laugh it off. As a white guy in the Army I have to deal with more racism than you would think. I sleep beside two black men who constantly throw how the "fuckin white people" line out there. I dont know what kinds of comments you are hearing but saying that you are sick of white people is not exactly to most non-racist thing to say. We are all victims of it and nobody can give you advice on what to do, you just have to do what you feel like you need to do.

Sammich
11-06-2006, 07:51 AM
anywhere u go nowadays your going to find racism point blank, you may think its not there at the time but itll eventually manifest itself. im not saying, and you probably already know, that not all are racist, but there are some. IMO i would look for another job, when one that u find u like becomes available, confront who u need to confront then if you get fired, you have soemwhere to go.

con
11-06-2006, 07:56 AM
as a people we will always be discriminated against and will continue to fight opposition until the end of time. yes, some people will positively change but there will also be others that seem if they were born a century ago. it's human nature to take care of your own and in the process we oppose others, sometimes unintentionally.

IMHO: In the work place, you either adapt or you speak out and prepare yourself for any ill effects. Before you go off the high end, definitely ensure that you don't get caught slipping with anything work related that they may be able to use to release you. Also most places have you sign a waiver stating that you may be released for basically nothing at all, so be careful.

Personally, I would definitely voice my opinion strongly about being offended in reference to racial remarks being constantly voiced. Do it all you want behind my back, but upfront and in my face :thinking: Should I kick some ass. If your immediate supervisor doesn't do anything, take it to the next level.

The biggest question is, do you work for a locally owned enterprise or is it commercial/chain? If you make it all the way to the top and still have problems, contact the regional director or equivalent and etc. If that still doesn't work, it's time to get paid. Does your employer have written guidelines in reference to employee conduct in the workplace, specifically in reference to racism? If so, this would be a great help to any local attorney who specializes in such matters.

con
11-06-2006, 08:06 AM
anywhere IMO i would look for another job, when one that u find u like becomes available, confront who u need to confront then if you get fired, you have soemwhere to go.

great info, almost forgot about that one. my ex had issues at her last job, but it was a bit different. she worked at a local college in a primarily black area. her being from a smaller city, she was discriminated against by the inner city/ghetto women. it first started because she was more attractive and appealing. but the shit really hit the fan when they realized that she owned more than one business suit. she became the anti-coworker being all high and mighty thinking she better than everyone else (in reality she was). she was the only one with a Bachelors from an accredited college, kept not just a professional apperance but also provided excellent service and went beyond the scope of the job for the students well being.

let's just say that was in Fall 2005 and she is just now landing another decent job..............

BluesClues
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
why do you work at sonics?Because I was offered the job and I was working with what used to be my best friend.

con
11-06-2006, 01:03 PM
please don't say sonics off of N. Henry Blvd. if so, that's right around the corner from me crib. I have a peeve with Sonics.... Do they not serve shakes in the Rt 66 size??? Cause everytime I request an XL shake I get the lil 20oz shit.

BluesClues
11-06-2006, 01:08 PM
great info, almost forgot about that one. my ex had issues at her last job, but it was a bit different. she worked at a local college in a primarily black area. her being from a smaller city, she was discriminated against by the inner city/ghetto women. it first started because she was more attractive and appealing. but the shit really hit the fan when they realized that she owned more than one business suit. she became the anti-coworker being all high and mighty thinking she better than everyone else (in reality she was). she was the only one with a Bachelors from an accredited college, kept not just a professional apperance but also provided excellent service and went beyond the scope of the job for the students well being.

let's just say that was in Fall 2005 and she is just now landing another decent job..............

Her story sounds so familiar to me. I went through the same thing all my life in grade school. I got picked at for "acting white, being rich (yeah fucking right), acting stuck up, thinking I was better than everyone else, liking white boys, etc." I was picked at only because I was pretty, dressed nice, and was well behaved. I have noticed with black females (not all), they hate to see other black females doing well or better than them.

BluesClues
11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
please don't say sonics off of N. Henry Blvd. if so, that's right around the corner from me crib. I have a peeve with Sonics.... Do they not serve shakes in the Rt 66 size??? Cause everytime I request an XL shake I get the lil 20oz shit.Yes that is where I work.

Shakes and smoothies only come in two sizes. Regular (small cup) and large (medium cup). Rt. 44 only applies to drinks and slushes

Sammich
11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
LOL...make ya mind up con...u cnt win son

Brady
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM
sheesh.

con
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
LOL...make ya mind up con...u cnt win son

Did I missed something........ :thinking:

Can't win, not sure I was trying to achieve anything other than burning up these last couple hours at work :D

Sammich
11-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Did I missed something........ :thinking:

Can't win, not sure I was trying to achieve anything other than burning up these last couple hours at work :D

LOL i was talkin bout how u ask for one size of a shake then u get a mini me version

im in the same boat..bout to take a lunch

BluesClues
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I just finished ready Tasuki Civic's thread about how white people smell and I guess it is obvious how bad racisim is

con
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
LOL i was talkin bout how u ask for one size of a shake then u get a mini me version

im in the same boat..bout to take a lunch

:D shit sucks, that why I get my shakes from DQ. They hook a brotha up, well one location in particular does. I have been to others and they gave me the 20oz shiat.

I just finished ready Tasuki Civic's thread about how white people smell and I guess it is obvious how bad racisim is

Runs to check it out, haven't peeped in there lately. Wonder if it's heated......

BluesClues
11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
:D shit sucks, that why I get my shakes from DQ. They hook a brotha up, well one location in particular does. I have been to others and they gave me the 20oz shiat.

Runs to check it out, haven't peeped in there lately. Wonder if it's heated......

Hell yeah it's heated. Jaime wrote out an entire lecture

ahmonrah
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I just finished ready Tasuki Civic's thread about how white people smell and I guess it is obvious how bad racisim iswth she been up to anyway? she didnt respond in there.
~grabs phone~

BluesClues
11-06-2006, 02:13 PM
wth she been up to anyway? she didnt respond in there.
~grabs phone~
Hiding I guess :dunno:

Sammich
11-06-2006, 02:59 PM

i dnt even think theres a DQ around here..only a sonic..FTL

Jaimecbr900
11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Hell yeah it's heated. Jaime wrote out an entire lecture

Did you not like my lecture????? :cry: :D

BluesClues
11-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Did you not like my lecture????? :cry: :D

Yes it was a good lecture :goodjob: