PDA

View Full Version : I need Rotary Help

OneSlow5pt0
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
i have a 91 N/A FC,and i want to put a turbocharger on it,wil it all go...just like a aftermarket turbo,also what some other ways to gain HP?

Five*Star*
11-07-2006, 12:21 AM
You are best doing a turbo II swap. From what I have heard, the N/A rotaries do not take well to turbo. You also will want the turbo tranny and rear-end as well. I think the GTU comes with the LSD rear though.

The whole swap will usually run you $1500-$2500 depending on if you get the hood, rear-end, and the mileage. You also want to opt for the S5 swap.... 89-91 rx-7's are S5 models.

OneSlow5pt0
11-07-2006, 12:59 AM
thanks dude, but i think im going with a Dynomax Catback and a cold air intake,maybe do a swap later,my N/A only has 60K miles...i dont know,might try some of that juice for quick Hp gains

Five*Star*
11-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Another thing you could do is take weight out of the car and port the N/A motor and run higher compression rotors.... lot's of work, but it would be a fun little car!!

killarotary
11-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I think you try the n/a turbo first before spending money on a turbo II motor i have a S5 gxl and at 7psi evey day and the bone stock motor mine ran fine. The only thing i would recommend is getting a stand a lone.

David88vert
11-11-2006, 07:16 PM
You will spend a lot of money putting a turbo on that car. Yes, it can be done, but a much better route would be to put a small nitrous system on the car with a good exhaust system. That will make you the best horsepower for the money and will keep the car reliable.
I know from experience.

OneSlow5pt0
11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
You will spend a lot of money putting a turbo on that car. Yes, it can be done, but a much better route would be to put a small nitrous system on the car with a good exhaust system. That will make you the best horsepower for the money and will keep the car reliable.
I know from experience.

yea,i bout to put a catback on ,and cold-air intake...then go from there

but thanks for yall's help

teggy 2nr
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
n/a= high compression...high compression + after market turbo = BOOM!!!!

so yea when your engine blows, do the tII swap, i have a custom driveshaft that will hook up to the tii tranny and gxl diff if u want

teggy 2nr
11-29-2006, 08:02 PM
yea,i bout to put a catback on ,and cold-air intake...then go from there

but thanks for yall's help

cold air intake?...there's no such thing as a cold air intake unless you make either a heat shield or cut a hole in your car and route the piping out of the engine compartment, otherwise you are jus suckin in hot air....