PDA

View Full Version : S13 Gauge Clutser Lights Problem...

Flip
11-05-2006, 12:00 AM
I need some help troubleshooting an issue with the 3 lights that light up the speedo and tach in my 93 S13. All of the other lights in the cluster work (like the low fuel light etc...) but not those. I pulled the cluster, checked the bulbs and they are all fine. The previous owner said that it happened once when he installed the head unit. A power wire or something grounded out and blew a fuse. He replaced the fuze and the cluster hasn't lit up since.

I checked the wiring on the head unit and aside from being grounded to itself everything looked ok. I fixed the ground and it still doesn't work... It looks like the dimmer wire isn't hooked up so I will find out which wire is which and hook it up tomorrow but to my knowledge that shouldn't keep the cluster from lighting up...

I've done a lot of searching and have hear people mention the dimmer switch to the left of the steering column. I've tried to push it up and down and it doesn't do anything. I might try to bypass the switch to see if that helps...

Any suggestions or advice from experience? I know we got a lot of 240 owners here...

§treet_§peed
11-05-2006, 05:25 PM
it could of fried the little circut board (that's what i call it lol) on the back of the gauge cluster...

Flip
11-05-2006, 09:29 PM
it could of fried the little circut board (that's what i call it lol) on the back of the gauge cluster...

yah i guess it could be, i'm trying to find a way to track down exactly what it is...

anyone have a spare s13 cluster laying around i can use to test? :)

§treet_§peed
11-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Bump...

HiPSI
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM
yah i guess it could be, i'm trying to find a way to track down exactly what it is...

anyone have a spare s13 cluster laying around i can use to test? :)

i have the circuit sheet if you need it, but it's not likely to be the issue.

the dimmer being unhooked would keep the backlights from working though.

§treet_§peed
11-06-2006, 03:44 PM
^ good point